LSAT TUTOR? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lath0028

New

LSAT TUTOR?

Post by lath0028 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm located in the Twin Cities & looking for a good LSAT tutor. I've been studying for three months, with dismal scores. Besides self-study, I need a tutor that can carefully examine how I problem solve. Any suggested tutoring services? Tutor rates? I have a base of understanding to score at least half-right but, I've got some big-ass holes in my game that I'd like to fix over the next 4 months & test in February.

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Re: LSAT TUTOR?

Post by cbbinnyc » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:42 pm

lath0028 wrote:I'm located in the Twin Cities & looking for a good LSAT tutor. I've been studying for three months, with dismal scores. Besides self-study, I need a tutor that can carefully examine how I problem solve. Any suggested tutoring services? Tutor rates? I have a base of understanding to score at least half-right but, I've got some big-ass holes in my game that I'd like to fix over the next 4 months & test in February.
I would try Powerscore and Manhattan Prep. I'll bet they have tutors in your area. If not, they can provide tutoring via video-chat which (in my experience as a tutor) is probably just as effective.

I have a friend who works for one the major LSAT prep companies that I can recommend if you want to PM me (I can give you his contact info and little more info on his background). I imagine he would be willing to work with you independently, in which case you would probably pay less that you would otherwise. Of course, this is assuming you'd be willing to do an online arrangement.

ETA: You'll probably end up paying at least $100/hr for private tutoring, probably more. I'm in NYC, so maybe it's lower in your area, but I doubt it.

alexjinye

Bronze

Re: LSAT TUTOR?

Post by alexjinye » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:53 pm

private tutor is always a good idea despite I always advise against lsat intro classes.
You can find tutors through prep companies and I know testmaster's tutor is the cheapest at 90$/hr. Or you can find individual tutors on maybe craiglist, they are usually cheaper than tutor affiliated with prep companies.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”