The Official October Waiter's Oasis Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you score?

175-180
17%
174-170
23%
166-169
20%
160-165
25%
155-159
10%
Below 155
6%

Total votes: 231

pleadthafif

Gold

Post removed...

Post by pleadthafif » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by pleadthafif on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Danimals18

Silver

Re: The Official October Waiter's Oasis

Post by Danimals18 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:59 pm

pleadthafif wrote:
Danimals18 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
osgiliath wrote:Has anyone had issues with LR on this or recent PT's? I got double the total amount wrong on LR on this test than I have on PT's. i got -12 on LR, and even on my cold diagnostic i had -7 or -8.
yep, got -10 on LR, pretty bad for me since I was averaging -6/-7 leading up to the test. there were some LR types that were missing or underrepresented on this test, so that definitely worked out for some people and hurt others.
Happened to me, almost exactly doubled the number of LR i get incorrect. I keep checking my score and thinking that there has to be a mistake. I got -7 from my PT average.
Me too except I was -10 from my PT average. Pretty devastating. Was this your first take? The LR I blew it on was my first section so I'm thinking it was nerves.
My second. Completely devastating. I applied to schools last year, wasn't completely satisfied with my results, and decided to retake the LSAT. Now I get a lower score than I had before, and much lower than my PT average. Just devastated.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:18 pm

osgiliath wrote:Has anyone had issues with LR on this or recent PT's? I got double the total amount wrong on LR on this test than I have on PT's. i got -12 on LR, and even on my cold diagnostic i had -7 or -8.
Yeah, on PTs I usually went -0 or -1 (combined) and on this I missed 3 or 4. That first LR in particular just seemed weird. I thought for sure it was an experimental.

Zel

New

Post by Zel » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:31 pm

appind wrote:
Zel wrote:Just got back from work. Got the email while I was there. 179. I'm still in shock. Diagnostic was 161, PT avg. was 172. The dream is real.

Omg.
holy..
congrats!
which section is the difference in the pt avg and the actual? where misses?
Thanks :D I would usually go about -4 in RC, -2 in LG, and -3/4 in LR combined. On the real thing I went -0 LG -1 RC and -1 in each LR section. For some reason I felt the RC was SUPER easy and I just got a surge of adrenaline during LG, was like "I won't let this section beat me" and brute forced my way through game 3. Still can't believe it lol .

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:39 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
Yeah, on PTs I usually went -0 or -1 (combined) and on this I missed 3 or 4. That first LR in particular just seemed weird. I thought for sure it was an experimental.
how was your section breakdown?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

osgiliath

Bronze

Post by osgiliath » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:46 pm

appind wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:
-6/-6 LR, -3 RC, -4 LG

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

appind wrote:
RZ5646 wrote:
This is from memory, but I think it was

LR: -2
RC: -3
LR: -1
LG: -1

I finished that first LR 5-10 minutes early and thought it was a super easy experimental, so I'm kinda mad about missing two there. RC was also harder than I thought apparently, and the -1 on that hard LG section can only be explained by divine intervention. Guess that goes to show that anything can happen on test day.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:47 pm

I dont suppose anyone has any plans to challenge a question? I could use an extra point right about now :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Need some advice. I got a 165, 2 points higher than the June test. I absolutely BOMBED Reading Comp (-10). I have a 3.8 GPA, and I'm a Mexican American.

Should I go for some T-14 schools? Or play it safe?

Harry_Pluxen

Bronze

Post by Harry_Pluxen » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:52 pm

Anyone know when we can expect the LSAC to release data regarding # of test takers for Oct?

velvet-lou

Silver

Post removed...

Post by velvet-lou » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by velvet-lou on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Danimals18 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Danimals18 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Danimals18 wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
yep, got -10 on LR, pretty bad for me since I was averaging -6/-7 leading up to the test. there were some LR types that were missing or underrepresented on this test, so that definitely worked out for some people and hurt others.
Happened to me, almost exactly doubled the number of LR i get incorrect. I keep checking my score and thinking that there has to be a mistake. I got -7 from my PT average.
Same boat, I did fine everywhere else but just blew it on LR.
I just checked test centers in SoCal for December. They are all full...guess even if I wanted to retake for December I'm SOL.
They'll add some hopefully. That's what happened for June. All centers in SoCal or LA?
I'm throwing in all zip codes near me. Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, the north valley, San Diego even. There are a few spots open in Santa Barbara - only 120 miles from me.
Yeah, isn't it crazy? I'm taking at CSUN but it's terrifying how every single test center is unavailable. I thought LSAT takers/law school applicants were going down, is December usually the most popular time to take the LSAT?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

osgiliath

Bronze

Post by osgiliath » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:00 pm

lolRCscrewyou wrote:Need some advice. I got a 165, 2 points higher than the June test. I absolutely BOMBED Reading Comp (-10). I have a 3.8 GPA, and I'm a Mexican American.

What exactly do you mean by "play it safe"? Are you applying with very limited funds for application fees?

Otherwise apply to those T-14 schools and see what happens. No harm in getting rejected.

Am I missing something here?

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:07 pm

osgiliath wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:Need some advice. I got a 165, 2 points higher than the June test. I absolutely BOMBED Reading Comp (-10). I have a 3.8 GPA, and I'm a Mexican American.

What exactly do you mean by "play it safe"? Are you applying with very limited funds for application fees?

Otherwise apply to those T-14 schools and see what happens. No harm in getting rejected.

Yeah, I have limited funds to apply. I am totally broke. I have fee waivers for 6 top 20 schools, 3 of which are T-14 so I will be applying to those. Also waivers for 2 lower T1s and 1 T3 that is near my current university.

I can afford to pay for about 4 apps full priced, MAYBE 5. I am wondering if I should go for it and apply to more T-14s or go from schools ranked in the 20s-40s.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daisrt

Bronze

Post by daisrt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
daisrt wrote:
Danimals18 wrote:
I'm throwing in all zip codes near me. Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, the north valley, San Diego even. There are a few spots open in Santa Barbara - only 120 miles from me.
Yeah, isn't it crazy? I'm taking at CSUN but it's terrifying how every single test center is unavailable. I thought LSAT takers/law school applicants were going down, is December usually the most popular time to take the LSAT?

Yeah it is. It's also the day of the cutoff for normal registration so I think most takers have registered.
Did you register for Dec yet? (Are you taking?)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post removed...

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Post removed...

texasrangersjb

Bronze

Post by texasrangersjb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:33 pm

osgiliath wrote:

I got a 165 also and have a 3.38 GPA and am applying to a few T-14s.

You are URM and a good GPA. 165 is below all of their medians, but your GPA could possibly make up for it. I'm not really worried about getting into T-14 though bc I have a good local school in Dedman Law so I may be giving bad advice.

texasrangersjb

Bronze

Post by texasrangersjb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:35 pm

RC: -7
LG: -5 (5 in a row)
LR: -3
LR: -4

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:28 pm

gamerish wrote:Still trying to decide if I want to retake. I just don't know how useful it'll be (and the idea of 24/7 studying again makes me want to jump off a building). My softs are virtually non-existent so Y, S and B are almost certainly out no matter what I score. I want Big Law so H even with max aid doesn't make much sense when I could probably get a lot more money from Cornell, etc. I'm actually afraid of getting YP'd from Penn if I score much higher since they're so sensitive about it (though going by LSN that seems to already happen to most people with my stats so that may be a moot point)

CCN money is really the only thing I think I could get out of it but that's only if I actually score any higher, which I'm iffy on since this was an easy test with a good curve and I took it under completely ideal conditions.

Blegh.

ETA: Eh, I just needed to vent. Most likely I'll muster up the balls to get over myself and sign up tonight. If anyone has any input, I'm still all ears though.
I would support you retaking. I don't think you need to study 24/7 this time though.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 pm

gamerish wrote:Still trying to decide if I want to retake. I just don't know how useful it'll be (and the idea of 24/7 studying again makes me want to jump off a building). My softs are virtually non-existent so Y, S and B are almost certainly out no matter what I score. I want Big Law so H even with max aid doesn't make much sense when I could probably get a lot more money from Cornell, etc. I'm actually afraid of getting YP'd from Penn if I score much higher since they're so sensitive about it (though going by LSN that seems to already happen to most people with my stats so that may be a moot point)

CCN money is really the only thing I think I could get out of it but that's only if I actually score any higher, which I'm iffy on since this was an easy test with a good curve and I took it under completely ideal conditions.

Blegh.

ETA: Eh, I just needed to vent. Most likely I'll muster up the balls to get over myself and sign up tonight. If anyone has any input, I'm still all ears though.
How far was your score below your PT average?

gamerish

Gold

Post removed...

Post by gamerish » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by gamerish on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:08 am, edited 7 times in total.

sanibella

Bronze

Post by sanibella » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:38 pm

I think you can easily improve to a consistent 173 to 175.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”