Daily Study Routine

kcho10

Daily Study Routine

Postby kcho10 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Hey everyone,
This question is for people scoring 165+ please. I saw a lot of study plans on here that talk about what to do each week/month but not really on what to do day by day. I was wondering what your study routines are. More specifically, do you guys separate your sections (logic games one day, reading comp the next day, etc) or do you guys study for every section each day? And if you have tried both, which did you find to be more effective? Keep in mind I am completely dedicating myself to studying so I have literally all day to study.

Thanks in advance

numb3r4

Re: Daily Study Routine

Postby numb3r4 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:33 pm

I tend to score anywhere from 167 to 172 depending on the PT.

My general routine is:

Monday: Review a couple questions from each section at 8 -> Full timed PT at 9:00 AM -> eat and chill -> review games section -> Watch 7sage videos -> redo games
Tuesday: Work till 5:00 PM -> @ 6:00 PM Blind review the other 4 sections -> score sections -> Review
Wednesday: Work till 5:00 PM -> Generally my day off. Read TLS all night and drill if I'm bored
Thursday: Work till 5:00 PM -> @ 6:00 PM take an un-timed practice test making sure I know how to approach each question type
Friday: Review a couple questions from each section at 8:00 AM -> Full timed PT at 9:00 AM -> eat and chill -> review games section -> Watch 7sage videos -> redo games
Saturday: 9:00 AM -> Blind Review -> Score sections -> Review -> Drill specific LR question types
Sunday: Look at the LR questions I missed the most of for the week and drill those types. Pick a game type and drill those games.

**** Up at 6:00 each morning

I've also been doing my Blind Review sessions at the mall in the food court, at Barnes N Noble, Starbucks, and such, to practice doing the questions in obnoxious places in case my testing center sucks. I'll generally take the full timed PT's at my house or at the library though.

I get 3 PT's in a week this way and have time to drill my weak areas. I'm also going to be doing 6 sections starting this month to build some stamina for the real thing. I'll also probably focus up a bit more on Wednesday now that the test is approaching... FWIW I would definitely do ALL my studying at 9:00 AM if I didn't have work.

kcho10

Postby kcho10 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 pm

numb3r4,
Thanks for your response. I really like this approach! I will definitely try it out. Right now my score is in the 164 range, and I'm definitely hoping to get to where your at.

Also, how did you exactly practice reading comp? I've gotten the easier passages down pretty well (not as good as I would want but decent) but the harder passages on pts kill me every time. Any advice/suggestions? If possible, could you walk me through what you would do in a day specifically for the reading comp section?

Thanks again

Dexter97

Postby Dexter97 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Dexter97 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kcho10

Postby kcho10 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Dexter97 wrote:My routine:

Wake up at 6 and do four games before I leave for work. Mainly just for upkeep now as Ive been going -0 on the majority of my recent PTs.

Get home from work at 4 and I work on different sections from 5:00-8:00. I always do 4 reading passages and then usually work through the different LR sections depending on my latest PT or what 7sage says to study.

I do 6 sections PTs every Saturday at 8:30 and then I also do other PTs but as 4 sections on Tuesday and Thursdays and then I will BR after.

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind me asking, what are you scoring at the moment on your PTs?

YinFireHare

Postby YinFireHare » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Wake up at 6 and do four games before I leave for work. Mainly just for upkeep now as Ive been going -0 on the majority of my recent PTs.

Get home from work at 4 and I work on different sections from 5:00-8:00. I always do 4 reading passages and then usually work through the different LR sections depending on my latest PT or what 7sage says to study.

I do 6 sections PTs every Saturday at 8:30 and then I also do other PTs but as 4 sections on Tuesday and Thursdays and then I will BR after.

When are you planning to take the LSAT ?

kcho10

Postby kcho10 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:49 pm

YinFireHare wrote:

When are you planning to take the LSAT ?

Hey YinFireHare,
I'm planning on taking it in October, and I've been studying for a while now. Right now I'm in about the 165 range, and I'm trying to get a little boost/change in study habits because I feel like doing the same thing wont help me get higher than I am now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

YinFireHare

Postby YinFireHare » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:35 pm

I've read a lot of posts saying score gains can be made in a short time by mastering logic games. Maybe devote some evening time to logic games and LR drills. Try to get as close to perfect score on logic games as possible.

kcho10

Postby kcho10 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually already doing pretty well in logic games. I usually get them all right with at least a minute to spare, sometimes up to 6 minutes. My main concern right now is RC and LR

YinFireHare

Postby YinFireHare » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:18 pm

That's great. Then keep drilling LR questions :)

Nagster5

Post removed.

Postby Nagster5 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:10 am

Post removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”