Practice Test Schedule Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Theresa87

Bronze

Practice Test Schedule

Post by Theresa87 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm taking the October LSAT (officially 2 months away!) After going through study books and buying drilling packets, I have realized that I have 14 full practice tests that I can use for scoring. 9 recent and 5 in the 40s. I'm a retaker so this is all I have. I will be retaking all the PTs from 40-most recent, but some of these I have already used last year.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to use these 14? The 9 most recent I would probably save until as close to the test as I can, but I do want to know how I'm doing so I can make adjustments sooner rather than later.

I will be spending August drilling LR and RC and doing PT. Then I will probably all my time in September PTing.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Practice Test Schedule

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Be careful with burning out. I did one PT every weekend (after drilling/practicing a bit during the week), and something like 3 on the second weekend before the test (1 on each Fri/Sat/Sun). I did one (pretty relaxed) on the Friday before the test. And took the rest of the weekend off. It worked for me, but it all depends on how comfortable you are and if you get tired easily. You just don't want the real thing to be the one that pushes you over the edge.

Theresa87

Bronze

Post by Theresa87 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:51 pm

I planned to do about 3 PT a week for the month leading up to the test, so I don't think I'll burn out at that point. What really concerns me is that if I save my 9 recent ones for the 3 weeks before the test, I will realize I am not prepared since I have heard these are harder and different than older practice tests.

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theresa87

Bronze

Post by Theresa87 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:32 pm

I will probably do about 2 new ones and 1 older one a week.

Has anyone followed the advice of not taking any new prep tests the week before the test? I've seen this advice given once by a top scorer, but I'm hesitant.The idea is to not have any new information in your brain the week before the test and to already have learned everything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

salander

Bronze

Post by salander » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 pm

Theresa87 wrote:I will probably do about 2 new ones and 1 older one a week.

Has anyone followed the advice of not taking any new prep tests the week before the test? I've seen this advice given once by a top scorer, but I'm hesitant.The idea is to not have any new information in your brain the week before the test and to already have learned everything.
Eh, I believe in taking new prep tests the week before the test, especially if you have some on hand. But I've also always been a fan of cramming my entire life.

Edit: I did not cram for the LSAT, though. That took time to reach consistency.
Last edited by salander on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueprintJason

New

Post by BlueprintJason » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Theresa87 wrote:I will probably do about 2 new ones and 1 older one a week.

I usually have my students sprinkle in the newer tests amongst the older. The reality is that things don't change a whole lot, but there are some small differences (RC has gotten harder, I believe). My students have been successful taking the most recent PT a month out, then working backwards while doing older tests in between. Whatever you do, I would definitely put some of the newer ones in once you feel like you are around where you want to be scoring-wise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”