Study Schedule/Strategy Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Utterson

New

Study Schedule/Strategy

Post by Utterson » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Hey guys, so I have been starting to doubt my current study strategy.
1. Go through LG Bible
2. GO through LR Bible
3. Go through RC Bible

Then go back and really master/ fine tune each bible while doing practice sections

I will also add the LSAT trainer after I finish mastering the bibles

Any advice/tips?

My concern is I might not being doing Games for a month or two in between finishing my inital review of the LG Bible and going back to master the bible. I work a full time job and am spreading out my studying over a few months. So it's gonna take time to finish the three books.

KMart

Gold

Re: Study Schedule/Strategy

Post by KMart » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Drill the shit out of question types.

stig2014

Bronze

Post by stig2014 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:34 pm

In my experience it is more effective to drill question type and section while reading through the corresponding book. For example: read PS LG bible, drill the games to death and then move on to the next section once you've got a solid grasp on it. You can always go back and address areas of weakness after you've moved through the books. This could just be a personal preference though.

IWantToBeAFarmer

Bronze

Post by IWantToBeAFarmer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 am

Utterson wrote:Hey guys, so I have been starting to doubt my current study strategy.
1. Go through LG Bible
2. GO through LR Bible
3. Go through RC Bible

Then go back and really master/ fine tune each bible while doing practice sections

I will also add the LSAT trainer after I finish mastering the bibles

Any advice/tips?

My concern is I might not being doing Games for a month or two in between finishing my inital review of the LG Bible and going back to master the bible. I work a full time job and am spreading out my studying over a few months. So it's gonna take time to finish the three books.
Disclaimer: I'm no expert on the matter but here's my two cents

Balance theory & practice each day
Don't focus exclusively on only one area for an extended period of time

Best of luck!!

Lnm013

New

Post by Lnm013 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:43 am

I'm starting to study now and am having similar questions. I just bought the bibles and workbooks, and I start the ScorePerfect class at the end of August. I'm taking the test in February and have a pretty loaded semester this semester but I have about 3 hours a day scheduled out plus about 8 hours on Fridays and 4 on Sundays.

But for now, my question is for my first practice test, to see where I am before I start studying, should I time myself or just go through it untimed but all in one sitting? I have done a few questions here and there in each section before but have never done the entire test and don't know if I should time it or just sit down and go through it all. Suggestions?

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post removed.

Post by pittsburghpirates » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 am

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”