Retaking after Two Blueprint Courses, Self-Studying, and Two LSATs

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
xxzzyy

New

Retaking after Two Blueprint Courses, Self-Studying, and Two LSATs

Postby xxzzyy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Took Blueprint, averaged score in mid 150s/high 150s.
Took the exam in October 2011 - got a 149.

Took Blueprint again, averaged in mid 150s/high 150s
Took extra time to study after course ended (after failing to register for the test in time) and even added the Blueprint online course for explanations, averaged high 150s and broke 160 once.
Took the exam in June 2015 - got a 155.

RC: I miss anywhere between -8 to -12
LR: I miss anywhere from -6 to -10
LG: I miss anywhere from -2 to -6

My goal is a 166-168; anything higher is gravy. Looking to get into UCLA or USC. My GPA is a 3.36.

Looking to retake either in October or December. My biggest concern is my LSAT skills on solely based on Blueprint's methods and technique. How do I go about deciding to incorporate a different method? Which books should I look into? Is NoodleyOne's retake guide still useful?

iaiava

New

Re: Retaking after Two Blueprint Courses, Self-Studying, and Two LSATs

Postby iaiava » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 am

I took prep classes from two different companies and didn't find either all that helpful. I actually stopped going to the Blue print classes because I thought studying on my own was a better use of my time.

I took over 2 years to study, well worth it.

Some say everyone has a limit to their testing abilities, that endless studying won't help. I don't believe that. From my first practice to the last actual test I took I jumped over 20 points; but I averaged 15 hours a week for 2.5 years.

If you are planning on law school, LSAT is the best investment you can make and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�