Best retakers guide?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bnssweeney

Bronze

Best retakers guide?

Postby bnssweeney » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm retaking in October and purchased Cambridge drill packets. Which guide did you follow, if any? And if not, what did you do to prep for a retake?

dizzydg

New

Re: Best retakers guide?

Postby dizzydg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey I followed Noodley's retake guide. I went from a 169 in Feb to a 176 in June. His advice worked really well for me. To prep for February I used the online Blueprint course, but I just self-studied for about two and a half months following noodley's guide with my own adjusted schedule for June.

Cambridge packets were so useful. I would take at least one PT a week. Tried to get in two. I plugged in all my answers to lsatqa so I could figure out what questions I was missing. Drilled hard with cambridge. Luckily I still had a bunch of untaken PTs leftover. I probably did about ten of the most recent ones before February. I did the rest of 40-65 between April and June.

Good luck studying! Lemme know if you have any other questions

bnssweeney

Bronze

Postby bnssweeney » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:06 pm

dizzydg wrote:Hey I followed Noodley's retake guide. I went from a 169 in Feb to a 176 in June. His advice worked really well for me. To prep for February I used the online Blueprint course, but I just self-studied for about two and a half months following noodley's guide with my own adjusted schedule for June.

Cambridge packets were so useful. I would take at least one PT a week. Tried to get in two. I plugged in all my answers to lsatqa so I could figure out what questions I was missing. Drilled hard with cambridge. Luckily I still had a bunch of untaken PTs leftover. I probably did about ten of the most recent ones before February. I did the rest of 40-65 between April and June.

Good luck studying! Lemme know if you have any other questions

Ok I was actually looking at that one and it seems flexible (which I like).

I also got the packets. Do you do them untimed at first to get back in the grove? I haven't looked at any material since June 7th, so I don't know how sharp my skills are

dizzydg

New

Postby dizzydg » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Well I did them while reading through the powerscore LG bible, Manhattan LR and RC. Every time I finished a section in one of the books, I would do every 1/3 or 1/4 question in the cambridge packets. This let me get a good spread of difficulty and left me with plenty of problems to go back to. I timed only the RC passages and the LG sections. It wasn't a strict timing tbh. I would give myself around 7 to 8 minutes for each, which I thought was a good bar to set, so I wouldn't get freaked out about time on the test. I don't think it is very important to time strictly when drilling like that. Just be realistic with yourself.

But definitely be strict when you are PTing. Also, I would suggest making a calendar with whatever app you prefer to use. Hold yourself accountable if you are self-studying and follow your schedule. I did PTs every friday and monday. Did a section or two from those books every day of the week, and I mapped it out on a calendar to know when I was supposed to be done. I even logged in my practice test scores and study times on an excel sheet. Just made me feel more productive and I got to check off little goals every week which I liked.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?