Calling all LSAT Gurus/Experts- In Need of Advice!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JDConfidential

New

Calling all LSAT Gurus/Experts- In Need of Advice!!!

Post by JDConfidential » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:26 am

Hope everyone is someone content with their June 2015 score or at the very least optimistic that there is room to improve! Don't be down on yourself and know that the market is forever in your favor to get those acceptance letters + scholarships!

To keep this somewhat short and simple, here is my situation: I studied for a solid 8-9 weeks putting in serious hours and going balls to the wall. My first PT was a 140 (awful, I know) and I didn't break 150 until maybe 4-5 weeks in. I walked out of my test center on the 8th not all that confident and more so wiped out mentally. I ended up with a 157! Since the majority of you posters are well into your 160's and 170's, I ask that you keep your opinions and judgments to yourselves. Considering I was able to go up 17 points within 2 months, I can't complain (even though I should've gotten at least 3-4 more no brainers right). I am looking into 2015 fall starts, spring 2016, and fall 2016 (NYC/NJ/Philly). Ultimately, my goal is to narrow down my acceptances to 2-3 options with the highest scholarship offers (hopefully a full ride). With applications down and the market in my favor, I remain optimistic that my score could be efficient enough to get into a solid program with a fat chunk of money. I was never shooting for a t14 and I am going to work my tail off to be at the top of my class- I also have many connections and a solid set of plans for post-grad. All the above have made me consider not retaking the LSAT this upcoming October.

HOWEVER, I am the type of person who finds it extremely difficult to sell myself short of what I'm capable of. I have built a solid foundation, put in the hours, and know there is potentially a good amount of room for improvement. Further, I truly believe I can tap into the mid-high 160's if I were to take the exam again. I obviously feel sick to my stomach when thinking about cracking into my material again, but as of now, I am leaning towards the retake. I might be delusional thinking that I will gain a handful of points on the retake and discounting the risk of not doing so, but my optimism is my livelihood.

All that being said, please hit me with your best advice.What does JDConfidential do from here on out? Any and every piece of advice would be much appreciated. Thank you and best of luck in your future endeavors!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Calling all LSAT Gurus/Experts- In Need of Advice!!!

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 am

JDConfidential wrote:I am looking into 2015 fall starts
You probably shouldn't go to any school that would still accept you at this point to start this fall.

JDConfidential

New

Post by JDConfidential » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:36 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
JDConfidential wrote:I am looking into 2015 fall starts
You probably shouldn't go to any school that would still accept you at this point to start this fall.
Agreed. That was a bit farfetched. I think it's safe to say the earliest I'd enroll in spring 2016.

Kinky John

Silver

Post by Kinky John » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:56 am

It sounds like you already know what you should do.

Joscellin

Gold

Post by Joscellin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 am

There's a few questions that need to be answered here in order to give good advice:

1.) What was your GPA?

2.) What are your target schools?

3.) What are your goals for your JD?

All of that said, study and retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”