A Few Very Serious Questions. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
goodoll

New

A Few Very Serious Questions.

Post by goodoll » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 am

OKAY, thank you for taking the time to read.

So my freshman year (2011), I withdrew from the term my first quarter (at UCLA). Then, two quarters later, I withdrew again. (None of the classes appear on the transcript, they only say "withdrew from the quarter.") So twice on my UCLA transcript, it says "withdrew from the quarter" but it does not discuss any classes.

Then, I went to my local CC for two years. My first semester, I withdrew from two classes (Two W's, non-punitive.) I will be returning for my final year in the fall, in which I will get my B.A. in a year, with hopefully ~3.8 UCLA GPA.

Will any of this affect my LSAC GPA? My CC Gpa is a 3.98, UC is 3.74.

Also, how badly will these Withdrawls seriously affect my chances ? I was facing extreme personal hardships, which will be fully explained in the addendum. (Also, isn't three years of academic rigor a good thing?)

IF I score a 172+ on the LSAT, is T14 a very real possibility for me? I just want to know before I start studying 6+ hours a day for the next six months.

Thank you all for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

malleus discentium

Silver

Re: A Few Very Serious Questions.

Post by malleus discentium » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 am

As with nearly all "How will this strange thing affect my LSAC GPA?" questions, this is better directed to LSAC itself.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:36 am

As long as you're >3.0, T14 is a very real possibility with a high enough LSAT score. If you're >3.5, T14 with money is a very real possibility with a high enough LSAT score.

If you have a 3.7, you only really need like a 168 to get into a few of the lower T14, but you'd want a higher LSAT for more scholarship money and/or better schools.

goodoll

New

Post by goodoll » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 am

Awesome. I guess the point of this is, figuring out if studying a disgusting amount for the next six months will be worth it. (I LOVE the Lsat Btw - Im a logic tutor in my school, and I took a sample LSAT. Obviously im too slow to be effective since it was my first, but God damn was it fun!)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”