How should I study the month beforehand?

HG180

How should I study the month beforehand?

Postby HG180 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm gearing for the October LSAT; I'm aiming for a 180.

The month before I took the June LSAT, I PTed every single day for 3 weeks beforehand. Sometimes I would do two on the same day. I felt like it didn't give me enough time to review the questions and didn't leave me conceptually as prepared as I wanted to on test day. I also did the new PTs (62 - 72) last. The week before the actual test, I felt slightly lost. I felt like the PTs from 62 and on seemed slightly different than the old ones that I was practicing.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to study the month before from high scorers. Also, any advice on how to approach the new PTs?

Thanks everyone!

giantswan

Re: How should I study the month beforehand?

Postby giantswan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:09 pm

I think 2 or 3 full practice tests a week plus individual sections for practice. Make sure they are 5 section tests. I made my 5th section Reading Comp a lot because I knew it was the one that would tire me out the most if I got it as an experimental. Try doing at least one test a week following the exact same routine (or as close as you can get) that you will have on test day.

Obviously reviewing all the tests, making sure to analyze your incorrect answers to figure out if you still have any weak areas. Also working on timing and your basic test-taking strategies (like skipping/going back to answers).

HG180

Re: How should I study the month beforehand?

Postby HG180 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks! Anyone have any other advice?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”