can someone help me? Logic games.. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
flash21

Gold

can someone help me? Logic games..

Post by flash21 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello TLS

Okay, so I swear I don't suck at logic games, but..

PT 54, game 2 really killed me. I watched on 7sage how it got set up and I completed botched the game board. Paused the game and did it with the board he had and did it in 6-7 mins perfect score.

My issue is, everyone once in a while I seem not be able to set up a game board on a logic games set which can make me lose a ton of points. Especially if I have trouble setting up another game board or do it in a non-intuitive way.

Another example of this is in game 3 of the same set, I set this game up vertically - which I know isn't necessarily wrong or anything, but again, 7sage set it up horizontally and I just got so annoyed because I should have been able to think of that myself. Again, this game was super easy once I used their board, although I only missed one or two in this set without the horizontal board (yes, still bad, I know ..but using a counter intuitive board this game slowed me down).

I try to learn from these mistakes but I seem to continually be unable to figure out how to set certaingames up which ultimately screws me over - sometimes results in me missing 8 in a section. Game 2 of this set is a great example of this.

I'm not really sure how to fix this. I've drilled cambridge games so much, I know they won't help me with recognizing future games.. because well, they haven't. I've done them many many times over. I'm not sure if its a matter of me slowly going through all of the LG sections in drilling / PT's and eventually I'll get better at this, or this is some other way to get better at this skill.

Overall, this game set in retrospect is really easy which is even more infuriating. Any tips?

giantswan

Bronze

Re: can someone help me? Logic games..

Post by giantswan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:59 pm

I am unfamiliar with the Cambridge system so I don't know how it compares, but for me the Logic Games Bible really helped me figure out diagramming.

Though I do think a lot of the skill comes from just practicing on as many logic games as possible. If you're doing timed section and messing up the diagramming then I recommend reverting to doing them untimed until you get better at it. Also it helped me to practice games by type and try to master each type.

flash21

Gold

Re: can someone help me? Logic games..

Post by flash21 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

I've done this already. I don't know why I keep not being able to set up a game board for at least one game and it just screws my LG score up for the section.

if I know the board set up, typically I'll do at least okay on the game

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”