Need advice on best prep course to take

Consigliere3

Need advice on best prep course to take

Postby Consigliere3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi
I'm contemplating on one of two prep courses.
Both start around mid/late July...I am planning on taking the October LSAT.

Option one : blueprint , 25 course sessions (including practice tests and workshops)

Option two: Manhattan prep, 12 course sessions. ( taught by Matt shiner, if that helps.)

Both are the same price

Is more necessary better? Worse?

Did anyone experience either of these companies?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

KMart

Re: Need advice on best prep course to take

Postby KMart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 am

Are you someone who needs a schedule set in stone? Really this is the only benefit classes offer. I'm not sure that's worth $1'000+. It's much better IMO, and certainly cheaper, to self study. There's free guides here.

Have you thought of studying on your own? Get the Cambridge packets, read the bibles, and succeed without the large cost.

Often courses are really only good for teaching you the basics, but you can get this from a mix of the prep books and asking questions here for clarification.

I know this doesn't answer your exact question, but in a sense it does. Best of luck.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:01 am

I'd recommend self study and an online course, one if either velocity or 7sage over either of these. If for some reason that's out, I'd go Manhattan personally, they have some great people over there, including Matt

Consigliere3

Postby Consigliere3 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for the replies,

I'd probably be a candidate for the prep course as I need that structure.

I was undecided since the fact that both prep courses are the same price, but one meets once a week for twelve weeks (albeit not consecutively, there's a Week or two that class doesn't meet) whilst the other meet three times a week for 25 consecutive weeks and finishes up just 6 days before the October LSAT.

Is more necessary better when it comes to test prep?

Thank you

Consigliere3

Postby Consigliere3 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Clearly wrote:I'd recommend self study and an online course, one if either velocity or 7sage over either of these. If for some reason that's out, I'd go Manhattan personally, they have some great people over there, including Matt

I was thinking about Manhattan, but for roughly the same price, they have roughly half of the classes as blueprint does (12 vs 25, respectively)

Is Matt that good of an instructor that once a week is good enough?

Thanks in advance for your input....

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”