Test Center Complaint

Quick Silver

Test Center Complaint

Postby Quick Silver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:11 am

I had some proctor timing problems on the 6/18 exam. The proctor wasn't clear on start times for 2 sections and didn't call 5 minutes on a section.

Is this worth contacting with LSAC about? What's the best they can do to help me after the proctor mistimed?

Indifference

Re: Test Center Complaint

Postby Indifference » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:20 am

It sucks, yes (I think everyone who's taken the LSAT had some sort of shitshow thing happen), but from experience, a test center complaint is not going to do much other than delay your score coming out. The only exception would be something like your proctor deciding to throw a rave in the same room as the test, at the same time.

So no, not worth it, imo, especially for something as common as timing mixups.

drtamale

Post removed...

Postby drtamale » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:58 am

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quick Silver

Postby Quick Silver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 am

I wouldn't care as much if he didn't say in advavce that he'd call 5 minutes. Then I expected to hear it and somewhat depended on it.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 pm

I'm sorry to say it, but that is your fault. LSAC won't do anything for you. You should have your own method of keeping time, and you should not have to depend on anybody for that function. My proctor was also calling time, but that did not mean I abandoned my pacing system. It happens, and the best way to defend against this is to hold yourself accountable for your timing.

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 pm

Quick Silver wrote:I wouldn't care as much if he didn't say in advavce that he'd call 5 minutes. Then I expected to hear it and somewhat depended on it.

Yeah, you fucked up

Quick Silver

Postby Quick Silver » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Let me rephrase my comments. I was very diligent about time and keeping pacing. I had a great watch that I regularly train with.

Although I had my own watch, when he didn't call 5 minutes as usual, it was hard not to second guess my own timing.

PoopNpants wrote:
Quick Silver wrote:I wouldn't care as much if he didn't say in advavce that he'd call 5 minutes. Then I expected to hear it and somewhat depended on it.

Yeah, you fucked up

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”