How long is it taking you to get through these books?

dontrogerthat

How long is it taking you to get through these books?

Postby dontrogerthat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:45 am

I want to read Mike Kim's book, Logic Games Bible, and the Manhattan LR book at a minimum by the October test but it's taking me forever to just get through the first one...I guess I'm a slow reader because I see people on here talking about reading 5-6 of these 300-600 page books and even re-reading them.

How long is it taking you all to read these?

dominicanguy12

Re: How long is it taking you to get through these books?

Postby dominicanguy12 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:57 am

I read the RC bible (like 350 pages) in two weeks without too much discipline.

Now im doing the LG bible and im like 130 pages in on week one. I would finish them a lot faster if I weren't working full time. My recommendation is to just sit down somewhere quiet and dedicate them at least 2-3 hours a day, concentrate to make progress, and you should be ok. You have to concentrate to get this out of the way and start drilling/taking PTs soon.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:31 pm

The books are very easy to read, so it really depends on how focused you are. It took me a while to get through my prep books but that's because I wasn't actually reading them most of the time. When I actually focused, I had no problem dispensing with 200 pages of Manhattan LR or Powerscore LG in a couple hours between classes.

dontrogerthat

Postby dontrogerthat » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Ah ok yeah I must just be an extremely slow reader then because it took my an hour to read 25 pages of mike Kim's book...yikes

Alex93

Postby Alex93 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09 pm

It took me 3 weeks to finish Kim's book, but that was with A LOT of reading done each day. I'm reading the PS LG bible at the same pace and will be finishing it with 9 days spent on it. Although both books have about the same amount of pages, Kim's book is really a lot more dense. The bible and Manhattan books have a lot more space and less words for every page, so getting through them shouldn't take as long.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Yeah the Trainer is much wordier (I'm actually still reading it on and off). And I didn't do the problem sets in Manhattan LR, just the pretest questions at the start of each chapter and any example questions that were in the text.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”