Advice Needed - Take LSAT 3rd time?

aaslaw2015

Advice Needed - Take LSAT 3rd time?

Postby aaslaw2015 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 am

Hi All,

I'm hoping you all can give me some advice...I've taken the LSAT twice already, first time scored 155 (almost no prep - stupid I know), second time I did a substantial amount of self study, but was extremely nervous during the test/had a minor panic attack and ended up scoring 156. My GPA is spot on (3.89), and I for the last month I've been planning on attending a law school with marginal ranking (top 60ish) on a partial scholarship in a major market.

I'd be taking on a fair amount of debt still to attend the school, and have been weighing if it's better to take a year off to take the LSAT Prep course and try to increase my score (realistically I'm thinking I can get 165+ with the prep course).....can anyone weigh in with their thoughts if it's worth taking a year off and taking a prep course?

Thanks!!

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:53 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

KMart

Re: Advice Needed - Take LSAT 3rd time?

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:27 pm

It is much better to take a year off and score higher on the LSAT. That GPA can take you very far if you put it to good use. I do not recommend the prep course; there are a lot of methods on this site to save you the $1,500 whilst bettering your score. How did you study for the first two?

ChillTomG

Re: Advice Needed - Take LSAT 3rd time?

Postby ChillTomG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

Most would recommend taking a prep course only if you find yourself constantly off track with self-study plans.

There is (essentially) nothing else that you cannot get for much cheaper from books and the forum resources such as TLS.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”