1 PT a week?

dontrogerthat

1 PT a week?

Postby dontrogerthat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:40 pm

I have enough PT's to do 1 a week until the Oct test including doing 3 a week the 2 weeks before the test. Does this sound like a good idea to do 1 a week or should I wait and do a bunch of them the month before the test?

mamsiey

Re: 1 PT a week?

Postby mamsiey » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Wait and do most a month before the test. I start mine mid August doing 4 a week including Saturday. I'll make sure to take Saturdays test at exactly the time I will take the October test so to get use to it. I have scheduled 7 PTs on Saturdays until the main test. Let's destroy the October LSAT!!!!!!! :lol:

mamsiey

Postby mamsiey » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:01 pm

Quick reminder: get the cambridge packets and drill them from now to early August to familiarize yourself with the question types and how to answer them. Which prep are you using?

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:31 pm

mamsiey wrote:Quick reminder: get the cambridge packets and drill them from now to early August to familiarize yourself with the question types and how to answer them. Which prep are you using?

This. Don't start PTing til you have a good grasp on how to attack questions, especially for LG. I regret going through some PTs early in my process when I had no idea what I was doing. First you want accuracy, then speed, than endurance. Start by drilling question types untimed using Cambridge packets, than proceed to do full sections timed, than do timed PTs and make sure you blind review afterwards. I'd say don't do more than 2 PTs a week. maybe 3 depending on available free time. Blind Reviewing is very important though make sure you do so, I didn't start seeing high gains until I started doing that.

LadyProspero

Postby LadyProspero » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me what exactly blind reviewing is? My guess is it would just be going over the PT again untimed and reviewing your answers before you grade it, changing a few then grading the original and the BR separately... Yes?

question#4reddituser

Postby question#4reddituser » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:52 pm

LadyProspero wrote:Not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me what exactly blind reviewing is? My guess is it would just be going over the PT again untimed and reviewing your answers before you grade it, changing a few then grading the original and the BR separately... Yes?

yeah and i would recommend writing down why u chose what u chose on the ones u feel unsure about. you might find a pattern of faulty thinking

ChillTomG

Postby ChillTomG » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:00 pm

mamsiey wrote:Wait and do most a month before the test. I start mine mid August doing 4 a week including Saturday. I'll make sure to take Saturdays test at exactly the time I will take the October test so to get use to it. I have scheduled 7 PTs on Saturdays until the main test. Let's destroy the October LSAT!!!!!!! :lol:

I strongly second doing 7 PT's each Saturday leading up to the test (start about a month out). It really helped me with my gameday focus.

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:12 pm

LadyProspero wrote:Not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me what exactly blind reviewing is? My guess is it would just be going over the PT again untimed and reviewing your answers before you grade it, changing a few then grading the original and the BR separately... Yes?

Here ya go.

http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/

There other explanations on TLS but here is the kind I'm referring to. How much you want to follow it is up to you, I only BR'd questions I wasn't 100% sure on. Others might be more stringent but I'd say base it on how much time you got to use. I had the luxury of only working part-time so sometimes I'd spend as much time BRing as I would doing the actual PT

dontrogerthat

Postby dontrogerthat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:56 pm

This is probably a dumb question but are the Cambridge packet questions from actual LSATs? Also what bundle do you all recommend?

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:39 pm

dontrogerthat wrote:This is probably a dumb question but are the Cambridge packet questions from actual LSATs? Also what bundle do you all recommend?

1. Yes
2. http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bundles/lo ... g-by-type/

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:43 pm

I used the packets LR 1-20, LG 1-38 and RC 1-20. I did timed sections from PTs for the RC/LR sections from 21-38 too. There all available online, depending on where you look if you catch my drift

LadyProspero

Postby LadyProspero » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:46 am

PoopNpants wrote:

Here ya go.

http://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-t ... at-part-1/

There other explanations on TLS but here is the kind I'm referring to. How much you want to follow it is up to you, I only BR'd questions I wasn't 100% sure on. Others might be more stringent but I'd say base it on how much time you got to use. I had the luxury of only working part-time so sometimes I'd spend as much time BRing as I would doing the actual PT
I see, thanks Poop! :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”