Feel Like I'm Going to Pass Out

180orDie

Feel Like I'm Going to Pass Out

Postby 180orDie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:30 am

I'm so overwhelmed by the number of books and guides out there. I don't know where to even begin or how to approach studying for the LSAT. I have the PowerScore self-study kit which includes the 3 bibles and found a torrent of 62 PrepTests but I don't know where to start. I want so badly to just delve into the PrepTest questions because I feel like the best way to learn is through doing the actual questions over and over, but I also feel like I'm wasting these tests because I feel like I should save them for after I have read the Bibles and actually know how to attack the questions. But it's hard for me to focus on the reading when all I want to do is the questions! I just don't know. I feel like crawling in a hole. I read 1776's guide but there was so much I almost fainted. :shock:

Argh! :cry: I don't think I'm cut out for this

stego

Re: Feel Like I'm Going to Pass Out

Postby stego » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:38 am

I don't think practicing solving the questions incorrectly will help you that much. You need to do problems over and over using the correct methods.

whacka

Postby whacka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:36 am

Last edited by whacka on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am

I'm of the camp where you should practice like you perform, so, even early, timing is important. That said, there is a limited world of resources out there for you to churn and burn through. My solution - take each PT twice. The first time is strictly timed. DO NOT CHECK YOUR ANSWERS. The second time is untimed -- really focusing on slow, deliberate parsing of each answer choice. It takes discipline not to fool yourself into believing your timed answer is correct, but without that pressure you're more apt to really think about the question and not fall for obfuscation. Over time you will find that your timed and untimed scores have less and less variation.

artistar

Postby artistar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:54 am

Start with one PT to give yourself a benchmark. Time it. Then forget the PTs while you carefully and meaningfully study the books to understand the concepts. After a few months, start taking one PT a week, and continue studying.

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:00 am

Relax and take it a day at a time. Don't let your desire for perfection and fear that you won't achieve it paralyze you into inaction.

If you find that you are really unable to structure your time in a meaningful take one of the classes and do what they tell you.

RunnerRunner

Postby RunnerRunner » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:15 am

artistar wrote:Start with one PT to give yourself a benchmark. Time it. Then forget the PTs while you carefully and meaningfully study the books to understand the concepts. After a few months, start taking one PT a week, and continue studying.

This.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Live up to your username OP!

LSAT prep isn't as difficult as TLS makes it out to be. I've mostly stopped posting here because every other thread is some sort of ridiculous request for hand-holding: "What books should I buy?" "Hey guys, I bought books, how do I read them?" "What if I want to read two books at the same time?" "How long should it take me to bubble my answer sheet?" "I got 158 on my diagnostic, am I out at HYS?" "I got 170 on my diagnostic and I want to brag about it" etc. etc.

Just read the books, drill questions, and take PTs. It's not that difficult.

whacka

Postby whacka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Last edited by whacka on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:00 pm

RZ5646 wrote:Live up to your username OP!

LSAT prep isn't as difficult as TLS makes it out to be. I've mostly stopped posting here because every other thread is some sort of ridiculous request for hand-holding: "What books should I buy?" "Hey guys, I bought books, how do I read them?" "What if I want to read two books at the same time?" "How long should it take me to bubble my answer sheet?" "I got 158 on my diagnostic, am I out at HYS?" "I got 170 on my diagnostic and I want to brag about it" etc. etc.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:04 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonka

Post removed.

Postby wonka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by wonka on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

180orDie

Postby 180orDie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm

RZ5646 wrote:Live up to your username OP!

Could you elaborate on what exactly drilling is and how to go about it?

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Post removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”