Is hearing Logic Games explanations important? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lukky

New

Is hearing Logic Games explanations important?

Post by Lukky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:44 am

Hey guys, so

I try to review every single question I get wrong, and I think it's helpful when I go over what I got wrong in the RC and LR sections. The explanations are useful and sometimes makes me think of the question in a different way (which is useful for future questions of a similar nature).

However, for logic games, I can always work out the solution by myself just by spending a little more time on it. Every single logic game I've gotten wrong has been a result of a mistake that I can correct by giving the question a bit more thought. Obviously, after I've reached the right answer, I know exactly why I got that answer wrong, so is it still useful for me to listen to a video explaining it to me? It seems redundant, and I was just wondering what the rest of the TLS community did in these situations!

leslieknope

Silver

Re: Is hearing Logic Games explanations important?

Post by leslieknope » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:52 am

It depends on how strong your diagram is. There were definitely lots of games I could figure out by brute forcing my way through them, but that were way easier and faster to do with a better/smarter setup. On the real thing, brute forcing is too time consuming and error prone. It's worth spending your time on games even if you get all the questions right if it improves your timing or diagramming skills.

Big Red

Gold

Re: Is hearing Logic Games explanations important?

Post by Big Red » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:20 am

Echoing Leslie it really depends on how quickly you're making these key assumptions, which a lot of times comes down to diagramming. Remember it's a timed test, and any fat you can cut off is essential. Really depends on where you are in your prep

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”