LSAT location

Talarose

LSAT location

Postby Talarose » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Is it better to take the LSAT at the closest location possible or at a better university? Are there really any advantages of choosing one over the other?

rinkrat19

Re: LSAT location

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:49 pm

The quality of the university makes zero difference. The location and type of facilities can matter. Big tables are generally better than little desks, construction next door is bad, etc.

Talarose

Postby Talarose » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:The quality of the university makes zero difference. The location and type of facilities can matter. Big tables are generally better than little desks, construction next door is bad, etc.

Ok, I see. Thanks! I was planning on taking the test at the same location as last time, which happens to be extremely close to my house, but then I saw some other posters talking about how they wished they had taken it at certain better known universities and I got curious. Thanks again!

ThisWillDo23

Postby ThisWillDo23 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:16 pm

I recommend taking it at a law school if you can. They are probably less likely to mess around with things like improper proctoring and what not. I took it at a law school that I don't even think is ranked by US News and proctoring was awesome, they even put a big clock in the front of the room so we could see how much time we had left for each section. Either way that's anecdotal, I recommend you ask people in your area who have taken it at certain locations and see how they feel about each test center.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:20 pm

ThisWillDo23 wrote:I recommend taking it at a law school if you can. They are probably less likely to mess around with things like improper proctoring and what not. I took it at a law school that I don't even think is ranked by US News and proctoring was awesome, they even put a big clock in the front of the room so we could see how much time we had left for each section. Either way that's anecdotal, I recommend you ask people in your area who have taken it at certain locations and see how they feel about each test center.

I took it at a tiny seminary college in the middle of a mud field next to a prison in rural Oregon and it was fine. The type of institution doesn't make any difference. A law school doesn't have any control over who's proctoring the exam (I proctored a couple times at my law school and the head proctor was someone from outside.)

Danimals18

Postby Danimals18 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”