Should I cancel the score?

kangaroo430
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Should I cancel the score?

Postby kangaroo430 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi long time lurker here. I have been prepping since january and my pt score has been around 165-170. My target school is lower t-14s. Since my gpa is mediocre (3.3 - 3.4) , I'd like to make lsat my saving grace.
Well I just took the june test and felt terrible. My performance was somewhat undermined by test-anxiety and an urge to use the bathroom(lol I drank too much water before the first section). LG felt like a breeze but I think I totally bombed one of the LRs(Got 3 LRs and I am pretty sure the one i bombed wasn't experimental) and felt pretty awful about the RC as well(pretty much guessed the last passage, the glass one). I don't think I can score anywhere near even 165, and if my guesses were all wrong, I can potentially get some 150s.
So I am wondering should I cancel the score? Will a score in 150s affect my application negatively(assuming I can get a 170 in october)?
Sorry English is not my native language. Apologies for any incoherent sentences. Thanks very much in advance!

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: Should I cancel the score?

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Hey kangaroo430! I just took the June LSAT too, so I don't have any experience with applying with multiple scores - BUT it seems like the general consensus on tls is that you shouldn't cancel unless you know you really messed something up, like filled in the wrong section or something. If you are PTing that high I bet your score wouldn't drop to the 150s - you're obviously smart so don't let anxiety get the best of you!! Just wait for the score and if you are unhappy, retake. It seems like a lot of schools only consider the highest score, and if there is a huge diff between them you can write an addendum explaining you had bad anxiety in June.
I hope you get the score you want!! Best of luck!!

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Should I cancel the score?

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 pm

kangaroo430 wrote:So I am wondering should I cancel the score? Will a score in 150s affect my application negatively(assuming I can get a 170 in october)?

No to both: relax. Best of luck and I hope you did better than you think.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests