Where should I go after the Trainer?

Alex93

Where should I go after the Trainer?

Postby Alex93 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Hey all,

I'm about 350pgs into the Trainer and hoping to finish it within the next few days. I think the LR and RC portions have been gold for me so far in terms of gains, but I can't say the same for the LG portions. I don't know yet if it's because I'm just really bad at LG, because the Trainer isn't great teaching LG, or maybe both! Anyway, I was reading around the forums and found that some thought so too about the Trainer and recommended skipping the LG portions entirely.

I guess what I'm asking is: where did you find strategies worth looking into for LR, RC, and more specifically LG? I already have the Manhattan Bundle, and PS LG Bible, but have not yet started reading them. Any specific chapters you'd recommend focusing on/skipping?

TL;DR Share you're wisdom and help me to a fruitful direction! >:D

lsatkillah

Re: Where should I go after the Trainer?

Postby lsatkillah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:33 pm

PS LG bible for fundamentals, then 7sage LG videos for practice. don't bother going back and flipping thru that huge bible. i mean you can, but a better use of time (for me) was watching 7sage videos and doing the problems over again after you know how to diagram efficiently and before JY goes on to explain the individual problems.

Alex93

Postby Alex93 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 am

lsatkillah wrote:PS LG bible for fundamentals, then 7sage LG videos for practice. don't bother going back and flipping thru that huge bible. i mean you can, but a better use of time (for me) was watching 7sage videos and doing the problems over again after you know how to diagram efficiently and before JY goes on to explain the individual problems.

I'll try this. Thanks

JaimeD15

Postby JaimeD15 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 am

I used the trainer for my studying as well, didn't find much value in the LG sections. I supplemented that with the LG bible which I found invaluable. HTH.

RZ5646

Postby RZ5646 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:37 am

Just posting to say you have an awesome avatar OP

Alex93

Postby Alex93 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

RZ5646 wrote:Just posting to say you have an awesome avatar OP

Lol, Kant being one of my favorite philosophers I just had to!

Shcamz

Postby Shcamz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm in about the same boat as you right now, however, I really like the LG section of the Trainer too. However, 7Sage is GOLD. The fact that they offer free videos on YouTube is remarkable. Just get the Cambridge packets and work through them with 7Sage and you'll improve drastically.

PoopNpants

Postby PoopNpants » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Yeah seriously get the cambridge games 2-38, drill by type, go over 7sage videos over and over and over, use the foolproof and soon it will become second nature.

Alex93

Postby Alex93 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Alright, I know what I'll do after the Trainer for LG now (pick up fundamentals with PS LG and then do some drilling with 7sage). Thanks guys.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”