Why are all internationally administered tests nondisclosed?

lsatkillah

Why are all internationally administered tests nondisclosed?

Postby lsatkillah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 am

found a comment in an earlier thread:
"They just have to use different test-forms for international locations to prevent cheating due to time zone differences and sharing info about the games and other stuff to gain unfair advantage using internet/social media, and as a consequence since they have to re-use tests to have enough to prevent cheating, it's nondisclosed so you never get to see how many you missed or a breakdown by section or any details, only your scaled score."

but questions remain!! I took the Sept 2014 LSAT overseas which was administered a week later in Oct. then I bought the official prep test when it came out to review for a retake. had no idea which questions i missed but yes, they were the same questions. even if different score sheets are used, information about questions could still have been shared between U.S. and overseas takers in the week following the U.S. administration...and why not alter the score sheets four times a year instead of always using the same altered format for international takers, if indeed such is the case? as for re using tests to prevent cheating, isn't that what the February test is for? as it is, this policy unfairly disadvantages intl test takers. am I missing something?

Topszn

Re: Why are all internationally administered tests nondisclosed?

Postby Topszn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

The international test I took today was different to the U.S. one, how would it being undisclosed help anyone? I'm confused, I want to know which questions got me :(

bob311

Postby bob311 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:42 am

Topszn wrote:The international test I took today was different to the U.S. one, how would it being undisclosed help anyone? I'm confused, I want to know which questions got me :(

Yeah it was different for me too it seems. Had LR, G, RC, G, LR. Both games were hard, the first one had a really weird game I haven't seen since like LSAT 14 or something crazy. Also thought RC was suspiciously too easy. How about you?

lsatkillah

Postby lsatkillah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:18 pm

bob311 wrote:
Topszn wrote:The international test I took today was different to the U.S. one, how would it being undisclosed help anyone? I'm confused, I want to know which questions got me :(

Yeah it was different for me too it seems. Had LR, G, RC, G, LR. Both games were hard, the first one had a really weird game I haven't seen since like LSAT 14 or something crazy. Also thought RC was suspiciously too easy. How about you?

was it about features and graphic?

bob311

Postby bob311 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:33 pm

lsatkillah wrote:
bob311 wrote:

What about features and graphics? Don't think so?

lsatkillah

Postby lsatkillah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:46 pm

bob311 wrote:
lsatkillah wrote:
bob311 wrote:

What about features and graphics? Don't think so?

I meant the weird game. hm looks like the non experimental questions do differ then

bob311

Postby bob311 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:06 pm

yeah we had different tests I think. Crazy.

Topszn

Postby Topszn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:12 pm

My test was LR RC LR LR LG, all was ok apart from LR2 was a bit weird and the last LG game about sewers was kinda odd. Seems like we all got different tests!?

gooserpunk

Postby gooserpunk » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Topszn wrote:My test was LR RC LR LR LG, all was ok apart from LR2 was a bit weird and the last LG game about sewers was kinda odd. Seems like we all got different tests!?

I was in London today and had the same sections. I agree the test as a whole seemed pretty decent although it took me a while to settle into the first LR section. Hopefully the nerves didn't cost me too much! Games were manageable and while I thought the the last one was tough, it seemed to have a couple easy questions that helped me get through it in time.

msp8

Postby msp8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:36 pm

gooserpunk wrote:
Topszn wrote:My test was LR RC LR LR LG, all was ok apart from LR2 was a bit weird and the last LG game about sewers was kinda odd. Seems like we all got different tests!?

I was in London today and had the same sections. I agree the test as a whole seemed pretty decent although it took me a while to settle into the first LR section. Hopefully the nerves didn't cost me too much! Games were manageable and while I thought the the last one was tough, it seemed to have a couple easy questions that helped me get through it in time.

I had the same test.

I found the last LG game hard actually. Some of the Qs for it were incredibly easy, but for 2 of them I was too jittery to figure out.

Nerves got to me big time. I was coasting through LR1... I think I finished the first 18 Qs in 18mins or so. Then somehow I ran out of time, and my watch failed me. Miserable. I was so shaken by then, and I let it affect my RC. Took me a while to 'settle into' RC, which then made me run out of time on that 4th passage -- on plant growth. Just this domino effect of shit, really.

In retrospect, it was a pretty easy test if I hadn't gotten so thrown in the latter part of LR1.

Petrichor

Postby Petrichor » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

are international tests scaled against only international tests? or are they scaled against the general pool?

lsatkillah

Postby lsatkillah » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Petrichor wrote:are international tests scaled against only international tests? or are they scaled against the general pool?

the scale is pre-set and my international test had the same scale as the official test. (the scale is about the only thing apart from your score that they give you aha)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”