Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
basedvulpes

Gold

Post removed.

Post by basedvulpes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whnlifegvsulmns

Bronze

Re: June 2015 LSAT War Stories (memorable/weird/funny things)

Post by Whnlifegvsulmns » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:33 pm

In the box that says "Do not write your essay in this box", I wrote "your essay".

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Whnlifegvsulmns wrote:In the box that says "Do not write your essay in this box", I wrote "your essay".
LMAO! :P

Hornet2011

Bronze

Post by Hornet2011 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:06 pm

As a twist of ironic fate -- outside of my test center they were doing major construction work with a jackhammer. Actually multiple jackhammers. Fortunately my apartment is above a busy street in a major metropolitan area so this barely effected me but the other test takers were clearly not appreciating the irony of the situation. Also temperatures exceeded well above 85+ degrees in there since the AC wasn't working hahah.

deant286

Bronze

Post by deant286 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Last edited by deant286 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 pm

It started pouring cats and dogs about half way through section 5, but nothing else of note. Test center was very nice. Had like 15 no-shows in my room out of about 30. Worst part was the city traffic, by far. That was a logic game in and of itself.

basedvulpes

Gold

Post removed.

Post by basedvulpes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deant286

Bronze

Post by deant286 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Last edited by deant286 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Well, it makes sense given that 99% of people score lower than 175 (or so). I am ecstatic not to be competition against all of you for the top 0.x% !!!!

If our PT's are any indication, many of us had the highest score at our testing center.

Some guy told me he got a 179 on Saturday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JaimeD15

Bronze

Post by JaimeD15 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm

That Lg section tho...

chaitealatte

New

Post by chaitealatte » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm

They announced they'd be testing a fire alarm over the loudspeaker a few minutes before we started. It went off in the middle of my RC section. I'm choosing to blame my lack of a 180 exclusively on that damn alarm.

basedvulpes

Gold

Post removed.

Post by basedvulpes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beaglelegal

New

Post by beaglelegal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:10 pm

chaitealatte wrote:They announced they'd be testing a fire alarm over the loudspeaker a few minutes before we started. It went off in the middle of my RC section. I'm choosing to blame my lack of a 180 exclusively on that damn alarm.
How is that possibly acceptable?!!?!?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Took 30 minutes after the writing sample was turned in to let us go after counting. They didn't do registration until 12:30 either.

urbanist11

Silver

Post removed.

Post by urbanist11 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by urbanist11 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chaitealatte

New

Post by chaitealatte » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:34 pm

beaglelegal wrote:
chaitealatte wrote:They announced they'd be testing a fire alarm over the loudspeaker a few minutes before we started. It went off in the middle of my RC section. I'm choosing to blame my lack of a 180 exclusively on that damn alarm.

No clue. I reported it to LSAC but i doubt that'll change anything. We got an extra minute or two but it def fucked with everyone's level of concentration.

bpolley0

Bronze

Post by bpolley0 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:35 pm

/
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:44 pm

I arrived at the test center and had decided that I would not engage in conservation because I wanted to get my head in the game and avoid any distraction.

While in line to check in, the 3-4 dudes behind me struck up a convo and were chatting it up. They got to talking about schools and dude A asks dude B if he's gunning for the state school referring to FSU (UF is the state school by the way). Dude B says that "he doubts it cause it's extremely hard to get in and they only have a 9% acceptance rate". Dude A agrees and says he'll be applying to Nova, FIU, and maybe Barry. Dude B, C and D hastily agree, and all admit that's where they're targeting too.

2-3 minutes later they begin talking about the testing format and the "best strategies to kill it". Dude A says that LG is his strongest section because it's fun and he usually gets into the 3rd game before time is called. Dude B says he just wants to do his four sections and GTFO of there...they were all unaware of an experimental section. Dude A starts talking to Dude C and tells him he took an adderall 30 minutes prior because he didn't wanna be second-guessing himself on the test. Dude C gets excited and says he did the same.

All this time I couldn't help but think of TLS and how genuinely unrepresentative we are of aspiring law students in general. Thank God for this place :lol:

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:19 pm

kevgogators wrote:I arrived at the test center and had decided that I would not engage in conservation because I wanted to get my head in the game and avoid any distraction.

While in line to check in, the 3-4 dudes behind me struck up a convo and were chatting it up. They got to talking about schools and dude A asks dude B if he's gunning for the state school referring to FSU (UF is the state school by the way). Dude B says that "he doubts it cause it's extremely hard to get in and they only have a 9% acceptance rate". Dude A agrees and says he'll be applying to Nova, FIU, and maybe Barry. Dude B, C and D hastily agree, and all admit that's where they're targeting too.

2-3 minutes later they begin talking about the testing format and the "best strategies to kill it". Dude A says that LG is his strongest section because it's fun and he usually gets into the 3rd game before time is called. Dude B says he just wants to do his four sections and GTFO of there...they were all unaware of an experimental section. Dude A starts talking to Dude C and tells him he took an adderall 30 minutes prior because he didn't wanna be second-guessing himself on the test. Dude C gets excited and says he did the same.

All this time I couldn't help but think of TLS and how genuinely unrepresentative we are of aspiring law students in general. Thank God for this place :lol:
That wouldn't have happen to be in South Florida? I had people talk about state schools and then Miami. The worst for people are the ones taking the exam without an prep for the first time to get a feeling for test taking conditions.

yschaf

New

Post by yschaf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:20 pm

chaitealatte wrote:
beaglelegal wrote:

No clue. I reported it to LSAC but i doubt that'll change anything. We got an extra minute or two but it def fucked with everyone's level of concentration.

Were you at CUNY school of law? We had a test of the emergency alert system go off at the end of RC as well (sec 4) but no extra time :( Really messed up last minute/tossup selections for me.

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:22 pm

kevgogators wrote:They got to talking about schools and dude A asks dude B if he's gunning for the state school referring to FSU (UF is the state school by the way).
Ahem. The Florida Legislature roundly rejected the bill recognizing UF as the state flagship. FSU, UF, and USF each get some bonus state funding for being "co-flagships."

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 pm

nv93 wrote:
kevgogators wrote:I arrived at the test center and had decided that I would not engage in conservation because I wanted to get my head in the game and avoid any distraction.

That wouldn't have happen to be in South Florida? I had people talk about state schools and then Miami. The worst for people are the ones taking the exam without an prep for the first time to get a feeling for test taking conditions.
Surprisingly this all happened in North Central Florida. Although 3 of those guys mentioned being from Miami (I am too :oops: )
And I just don't get how people can just jump into a test cold like that...you'd think the near $200 would at least serve as a deterrent.
Last edited by kevgogators on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:34 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
kevgogators wrote:They got to talking about schools and dude A asks dude B if he's gunning for the state school referring to FSU (UF is the state school by the way).
Ahem. The Florida Legislature roundly rejected the bill recognizing UF as the state flagship. FSU, UF, and USF each get some bonus state funding for being "co-flagships."

Good to know! Although I think I sense a Nole :lol:

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 pm

kevgogators wrote:Surprisingly this all happened in North Central Florida. Although 3 of those guys mentioned being from Miami (I am too :oops: )
And I just don't get how people can just jump into a test cold like that...you'd think the near $200 would at least serve as a deterrent.
Not when its mommy and daddy's money.
kevgogators wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:
Turned down a full-tuition scholly from FSU earlier this year.

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 pm

TheProdigal wrote:
kevgogators wrote:Surprisingly this all happened in North Central Florida. Although 3 of those guys mentioned being from Miami (I am too :oops: )
Not when its mommy and daddy's money.
kevgogators wrote:
TheProdigal wrote:
Turned down a full-tuition scholly from FSU earlier this year.
Oh, I didn't mean LS! I've seen you posting around since the beginning of my lurker days. I know you're headed for better than that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”