The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
cub1014
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby cub1014 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

gobears!! wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT


Mostly yes. I am very good at test taking which dramatically helps my chances of getting a good LSAT and therefore a good law school despite other factors.


I applied in 2013 with a 3.96 from a top UG and had very good softs and letters of rec. My LSAT score on the other hand sucked and I got waitlisted at 7 out of the 13 T-14 schools I applied to. Needless to say, the LSAT is the bane of my existence and I am too ready to go gray.


Just curious, did you manage to get accepted to any of the T-14 or were they all waitlists? And GO BEARS!

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

texasaggie10 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:My entire work place keeps asking me if I got my score. :shock: Expectations are high around here.


Oh god same here. Between my coworkers, family / friends and my own anxiety its been a bad week.



Even my plant manager.. :|


Haven't told my boss yet, as I'm leaning heavily toward going full time instead of working through.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

cub1014 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT


Mostly yes. I am very good at test taking which dramatically helps my chances of getting a good LSAT and therefore a good law school despite other factors.


I applied in 2013 with a 3.96 from a top UG and had very good softs and letters of rec. My LSAT score on the other hand sucked and I got waitlisted at 7 out of the 13 T-14 schools I applied to. Needless to say, the LSAT is the bane of my existence and I am too ready to go gray.


Just curious, did you manage to get accepted to any of the T-14 or were they all waitlists? And GO BEARS!

I bet you he didn't want to go to Berkeley, because Berkeley is known for accepting low LSATs, high GPA combinations.

User avatar
QuentonCassidy
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby QuentonCassidy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

placeholder wrote:only my parents have asked. Friends know the tension bc so many people from my area end up going to YSHChi.

My friends/parents haven't asked because I told them scores won't come out until August. That way no one bothers me while I'm waiting for scores to come out... Which will assuredly happen today.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Oskosh wrote:
cub1014 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT


Mostly yes. I am very good at test taking which dramatically helps my chances of getting a good LSAT and therefore a good law school despite other factors.


I applied in 2013 with a 3.96 from a top UG and had very good softs and letters of rec. My LSAT score on the other hand sucked and I got waitlisted at 7 out of the 13 T-14 schools I applied to. Needless to say, the LSAT is the bane of my existence and I am too ready to go gray.


Just curious, did you manage to get accepted to any of the T-14 or were they all waitlists? And GO BEARS!

I bet you he didn't want to go to Berkeley, because Berkeley is known for accepting low LSATs, high GPA combinations.

I bet you that Golden Bear is dying to become a Cardinal.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 pm

TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:The real enemy is everyone with a 3,75 or higher applying to the same schools as us.


Yes. If we just kill everyone with a 3.75 or higher then the schools will be forced to lower their standards.


That's what I've been thinking since the beginning! I mean it's not like they're even technically human anyways.

They're worse than ISIS. And their proliferation is a blight on this world.

Lillet71
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Lillet71 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Image
I see scores coming today
5pm EST

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbocolumbo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm

ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT

Yeah, its nice to know you can redeem four years of medicocrity with a strong performance on a standardized test.

User avatar
shump92
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby shump92 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Oskosh wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
cub1014 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT


Mostly yes. I am very good at test taking which dramatically helps my chances of getting a good LSAT and therefore a good law school despite other factors.


I applied in 2013 with a 3.96 from a top UG and had very good softs and letters of rec. My LSAT score on the other hand sucked and I got waitlisted at 7 out of the 13 T-14 schools I applied to. Needless to say, the LSAT is the bane of my existence and I am too ready to go gray.


Just curious, did you manage to get accepted to any of the T-14 or were they all waitlists? And GO BEARS!

I bet you he didn't want to go to Berkeley, because Berkeley is known for accepting low LSATs, high GPA combinations.

I bet you that Golden Bear is dying to become a Cardinal.


It's the Cardinal (as in the color). We aren't birds like Louisville.

User avatar
lurker180
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby lurker180 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Today is the day, folks. My credentials alone are a testament to the likelihood of that bittersweet reality.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:00 pm

shump92 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
cub1014 wrote:
gobears!! wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Is anybody else super glad that the LSAT counts for so much?

Like if Law school admissions were anything like undergrad admissions I would have no business being anywhere near the top 50 schools if it were not for the LSAT


Mostly yes. I am very good at test taking which dramatically helps my chances of getting a good LSAT and therefore a good law school despite other factors.


I applied in 2013 with a 3.96 from a top UG and had very good softs and letters of rec. My LSAT score on the other hand sucked and I got waitlisted at 7 out of the 13 T-14 schools I applied to. Needless to say, the LSAT is the bane of my existence and I am too ready to go gray.


Just curious, did you manage to get accepted to any of the T-14 or were they all waitlists? And GO BEARS!

I bet you he didn't want to go to Berkeley, because Berkeley is known for accepting low LSATs, high GPA combinations.

I bet you that Golden Bear is dying to become a Cardinal.


It's the Cardinal (as in the color). We aren't birds like Louisville.

But what about the singular?

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 pm

lurker180 wrote:Today is the day, folks. My credentials alone are a testament to the likelihood of that bittersweet reality.

Lurker120 confirmed.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Any word from Spivey yet?

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JackelJ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 pm

placeholder wrote:i watched that play live and i was so young and even to this day reggie bush gettting blown up is still felt.

Yeah Sheldon Brown! I bleed green so that play was great.

User avatar
QuentonCassidy
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby QuentonCassidy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:01 pm

.
Last edited by QuentonCassidy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello friends it is finally lunch time and so I am here

What did I miss?

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbocolumbo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Oskosh wrote:
lurker180 wrote:Today is the day, folks. My credentials alone are a testament to the likelihood of that bittersweet reality.

Lurker120 confirmed.

Blasted

hokie6260
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hokie6260 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 pm

If one more person asks me if I know my score yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh


Sorry for the vent...back to LSAC

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lillet71
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Lillet71 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Is anyone else having lag on LSAC??

Trying not to freak out bc this happened on the days the scores came out before!

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texasrangersjb
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:08 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasrangersjb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:04 pm

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
pace03 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Everyone with their #gpaprivilege . #<25%GPA4Lyfe


Real recognize real. I see you dawg


Yeah. That feel when you're a 3.5 and a 3.7~ is the median GPA or higher at every single T14 school.


That feel when people think 3.5 is a bad GPA.

For TOP schools it kind of is. Ask the 175, 3.6 who only cracked Columbia. It sucks, man.

Hell, there was a 180, 3.5 ENGINEER (thereby justifying the lower than usual GPA) who was rejected by Yale and Stanford.


Question;

what about a 3.5, but a 4.05 in the last two years of school? Does a STRONG upward trend help?


Ha that's exactly my situation. From what I've heard, it can help.

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests