The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Ben Wyatt narrowly loses out, because he stoked our desire for the scores by propagating falsities concerning the release date.

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JackelJ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 pm

shump92 wrote:
JackelJ wrote:I don't understand how people's percentiles changed. Can someone explain why this would happen? Maybe I'm just dumb.


If scores were removed the overall numerator and denominator changed. Assuming that people were not in the middle of people removed, their percentile could change if they were already on fringes. I.e. person was 750/1000 but 100 of the 250 ahead of said person had old scores and 50 more had old scores below this person. Person would then move to 700/850.

Yes, I understand that. But the scores of all the tests on that date would have been removed. So the percentage wouldn't change, it would just go away all together. I guess it can be explained if they removed the scores in waves or one at a time as opposed to all at once.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I don't have anything to say, I just want some of this sweet, sweet 300 luck

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cdotson2
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby cdotson2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 pm

posting for that 300 karma.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

bucki_guysucks (sp?), I disagree with your change of icon.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
shump92
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby shump92 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

JackelJ wrote:
shump92 wrote:
JackelJ wrote:I don't understand how people's percentiles changed. Can someone explain why this would happen? Maybe I'm just dumb.


If scores were removed the overall numerator and denominator changed. Assuming that people were not in the middle of people removed, their percentile could change if they were already on fringes. I.e. person was 750/1000 but 100 of the 250 ahead of said person had old scores and 50 more had old scores below this person. Person would then move to 700/850.

Yes, I understand that. But the scores of all the tests on that date would have been removed. So the percentage wouldn't change, it would just go away all together. I guess it can be explained if they removed the scores in waves or one at a time as opposed to all at once.


It is also for a three year period around the test date so certain people would be guaranteed to be effected by the removals.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:43 pm

I had work yesterday, and I had work today. I'm free tomorrow, so the results better be released then. ITS TOO MUCH.

nv93
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby nv93 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Scores imminent. Posting for 300p karma.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Woah the 300 dream is real and I missed it being too busy at work :(

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JackelJ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:45 pm

shump92 wrote:It is also for a three year period around the test date so certain people would be guaranteed to be effected by the removals.

I thought they just got removed after like 5 years or something?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JackelJ
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JackelJ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm

JackelJ wrote:
shump92 wrote:It is also for a three year period around the test date so certain people would be guaranteed to be effected by the removals.

I thought they just got removed after like 5 years or something?

Oh never mind. I googled and got the answer.

User avatar
cdotson2
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby cdotson2 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm

I hate everything right now. this is the least productive week of my life.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:49 pm

cdotson2 wrote:I hate everything right now. this is the least productive week of my life.

7 days until the LSAT's projected July 7 release date. :|

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm proud of what we have accomplished. Those of us who were before our neuroticism took over, I mean (which was like 2 weeks ago, really).

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:51 pm

I am going to try to get to 1,000 before the scores are out.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Oskosh wrote:
cdotson2 wrote:I hate everything right now. this is the least productive week of my life.

7 days until the LSAT's projected July 7 release date. :|


You need to sit down and shut the fuck up

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Maybe I'll be able to pull it off. I don't know.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], qemini1594 and 2 guests