The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
The language isn't generalized. If I told you that a Congressman won the election, would you assume that he won it unanimously? Absolutely not.

In the same way, assuming that because a certain candidate wins the women's vote that means that all women have voted for them is an equally illogical assumption.


Some sort of "whole having a certain characteristic does not mean that all of its parts have this characteristic" LSAT logical fallacy going on there for sure.

It must be a sign today is grey day

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Bird law I take your point

I am becoming weary
Very weary
Words. Too many words

Need grey

User avatar
shump92
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby shump92 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

to answer a really old question about business days that LSAC has been early for June exam:

in 2004 the release was on Friday instead of Tuesday (2 days)

in 2005 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2006 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2007 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2008 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2009 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2010 the release was on Friday instead of Monday (1 day)

in 2011 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2012 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2013 the release was on Monday instead of Friday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

in 2014 the release was on Tuesday instead of Monday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

Based on these trends and knowledge that a weekend release is unlikely, it would make most sense for scores to be coming on Thursday (2 days early). Too much may have been read into amount of time from exam to release versus how "early" LSAC was.

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

shump92 wrote:to answer a really old question about business days that LSAC has been early for June exam:

in 2004 the release was on Friday instead of Tuesday (2 days)

in 2005 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2006 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2007 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2008 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2009 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2010 the release was on Friday instead of Monday (1 day)

in 2011 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2012 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2013 the release was on Monday instead of Friday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

in 2014 the release was on Tuesday instead of Monday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

Based on these trends and knowledge that a weekend release is unlikely, it would make most sense for scores to be coming on Thursday (2 days early). Too much may have been read into amount of time from exam to release versus how "early" LSAC was.


Except for the fact that our statistician said something something numbers "should use from date of test not expected release date" (I'm paraphrasing).

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm

whacka wrote:
jumbo2016 wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
The language isn't generalized. If I told you that a Congressman won the election, would you assume that he won it unanimously? Absolutely not.

In the same way, assuming that because a certain candidate wins the women's vote that means that all women have voted for them is an equally illogical assumption.


Some sort of "whole having a certain characteristic does not mean that all of its parts have this characteristic" LSAT logical fallacy going on there for sure.

It must be a sign today is grey day


No I think you're misunderstanding his argument. You're assuming that women's vote is a component of a won election, in which case that would be a LSAT no-no. He's just taking two things and comparing them. The two things being compared are women's vote in the presidential election and a whole congressional race. Those are two completely separate votes, and neither are contained in the other.


Sorry I was talking about ender's post about which bird law is speaking being the fallacy not bird law's post. just deleted the quotes because it was too long

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:I am becoming weary
Very weary
Words. Too many words

Need grey


Taken out of context this could be a beautiful poem.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placeholder
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby placeholder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm

guy the counter for july 7th keeps going up. Its happening

User avatar
candidlatke
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 3:52 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby candidlatke » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm

so what's the new most likely date?

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

benwyatt wrote:
whacka wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Is anyone else wondering why Ben lied to us last week about scores coming soon?

Does he work for LSAC? Is this part of a nefarious social experiment?


he was misled. Ben's on our side

Thanks whacka.
Also, TexasENG, I would contend that a notification on Friday that scores were coming soon could not be considered inaccurate if scores arrived 2 business days later.


Sorry too much caffeine and not enough work. Also "Soon" is a very relative term.

In other news the sky here is now super gray clearly indicating an impending score release.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:55 pm

shump92 wrote:to answer a really old question about business days that LSAC has been early for June exam:

in 2004 the release was on Friday instead of Tuesday (2 days)

in 2005 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2006 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2007 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2008 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2009 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2010 the release was on Friday instead of Monday (1 day)

in 2011 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2012 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2013 the release was on Monday instead of Friday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

in 2014 the release was on Tuesday instead of Monday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

Based on these trends and knowledge that a weekend release is unlikely, it would make most sense for scores to be coming on Thursday (2 days early). Too much may have been read into amount of time from exam to release versus how "early" LSAC was.


It was determined that the test release date has overwhelmingly more often been closer to 21 days not to the posted release date.

We're pretty sure that the release date was posted as so late this test because they couldn't make it the 3rd, 4th, or 5th because of the holiday weekend, and they wanted to give themselves enough of a buffer in the unlikely case that they weren't done scoring by the weekend, so that's why it's not the 6th.

If the scores don't come out today it will be the first time ever (or at least as far back as we have data) that the June scores have not come out in 22 days or fewer.

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by Whnlifegvsulmns on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 680
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:56 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
whacka wrote:
TexasENG wrote:Is anyone else wondering why Ben lied to us last week about scores coming soon?

Does he work for LSAC? Is this part of a nefarious social experiment?


he was misled. Ben's on our side

Thanks whacka.
Also, TexasENG, I would contend that a notification on Friday that scores were coming soon could not be considered inaccurate if scores arrived 2 business days later.


Sorry too much caffeine and not enough work. Also "Soon" is a very relative term.

In other news the sky here is now super gray clearly indicating an impending score release.


Where I am in Houston is currently tropical storm-level raining. Went from clear skies to this in about three minutes.

It is time.


I too am in Houston and the weather is looking very promising for gray day.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:56 pm

placeholder wrote:guy the counter for july 7th keeps going up. Its happening


They are just losing faith.

Clear eyes full hearts can't lose (lose being wait over 4 weeks for their score)

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby BirdLawExpert » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Whnlifegvsulmns wrote:Idk what I'll do when my score is out. Pretty sure I'll shrivel into a wrinkled heap. All of my time and energy has been wasted on waiting, and idk what will be left for me after score release. If I have to retake I will be very very very sad and unmotivated.

This is SO REAL.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

candidlatke wrote:so what's the new most likely date?


Peer into your soul and ask that question in three different languages and then scribble the answer on a piece of sandpaper that you then incinerate and offer as a burnt offering and WE WILL KNOW

User avatar
doublehoohopeful
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby doublehoohopeful » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:59 pm

jumbo2016 wrote:
shump92 wrote:to answer a really old question about business days that LSAC has been early for June exam:

in 2004 the release was on Friday instead of Tuesday (2 days)

in 2005 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2006 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2007 the release was on Saturday instead of Monday (basically 1 day)

in 2008 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2009 the release was on Thursday instead of Monday (2 days)

in 2010 the release was on Friday instead of Monday (1 day)

in 2011 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2012 the release was on Monday instead of Wednesday (2 days)

in 2013 the release was on Monday instead of Friday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

in 2014 the release was on Tuesday instead of Monday (2-3 days depending on how they handled the 4th midweek)

Based on these trends and knowledge that a weekend release is unlikely, it would make most sense for scores to be coming on Thursday (2 days early). Too much may have been read into amount of time from exam to release versus how "early" LSAC was.


It was determined that the test release date has overwhelmingly more often been closer to 21 days not to the posted release date.

We're pretty sure that the release date was posted as so late this test because they couldn't make it the 3rd, 4th, or 5th because of the holiday weekend, and they wanted to give themselves enough of a buffer in the unlikely case that they weren't done scoring by the weekend, so that's why it's not the 6th.

If the scores don't come out today it will be the first time ever (or at least as far back as we have data) that the June scores have not come out in 22 days or fewer.


As much as I hate to say it, I think they might be holding off to make sure that the 5+ year old score purges tomorrow go off without a hitch before releasing scores.

User avatar
placeholder
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby placeholder » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:00 pm

jumbo2016 wrote:
placeholder wrote:guy the counter for july 7th keeps going up. Its happening


They are just losing faith.

Clear eyes full hearts can't lose (lose being wait over 4 weeks for their score)

man i hear that quote so many times. I never watched the show but just hearing it is inspirational. OITNB also used it but in a comedic fashion but it's something i would like to say to a group whenever doing something crazy.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, Alexandros, DumbHollywoodActor, houwangmagic, jdanz, njames1961, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests