The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

TexasENG

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.

Really? Have they expressed why they get on TLS?

Yes, to see how interested you are in their schools versus what you say. To see what the general buzz is about their schools, to search by their schools name. Etc etc. At the last conference I was at, about a year ago, one admissions dean said he could figure out about 10% of his applicant pool on TLS. They have, after all, a ton of info on you. Also some people use their TLS names same as their email addresses, etc etc.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info! Time to cleanse all comments related to sacrificing and or satanic pacts for scores.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am

Actually, the user lc started the catvatar phenomenon. She was a 177, 3.7X user. Had a clean sweep of the T14, except for Virginia because Virginia was engaging in aberrant actions, such as giving Dillards to 168s, and ignoring high 170 users for the purpose of yield protection and (it is presumed) to shore up their medians.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AbbeyS

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 am

doublehoohopeful wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:If I get the inside scoop today or whenever it comes, if it comes, I've decided I need to tweet in code. So I will tweet "JEAN LUC PICARD!" (unless anyone has a better code, which would be really hard to come up with except *maybe* if from the movies The Town or Cabin in The Woods. Or maybe from Game of Thrones.).

Here is hoping it is today, although my money still is on a Wed- Friday score release.

What's your Twitter handle

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spivey+twitter

Let me try not to get annoyed at you for expecting someone to find a stranger's Twitter account through Google, not knowing their real information nor what they look like/present on their account. Nice try

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 am

basedvulpes wrote:
doublehoohopeful wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:If I get the inside scoop today or whenever it comes, if it comes, I've decided I need to tweet in code. So I will tweet "JEAN LUC PICARD!" (unless anyone has a better code, which would be really hard to come up with except *maybe* if from the movies The Town or Cabin in The Woods. Or maybe from Game of Thrones.).

Here is hoping it is today, although my money still is on a Wed- Friday score release.

Prepare to feel Abbey's wrath

Already dead inside. Don't care.

GiveMeGrayIcons

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:53 am

doublehoohopeful wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:

BLASTED

http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/cd1faff8a9.gif

JaimeD15

Postby JaimeD15 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 am

I have to. Im stationed her til at least 2018... GULC, GW, or Maryland

That's my plan if I stay too.

AbbeyS

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 am

basedvulpes wrote:
doublehoohopeful wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:

Prepare to feel Abbey's wrath

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am

Those of you who are stationed somewhere until a certain time... You could always ask for a deferral if that is in your interests.

hammocklv06

Postby hammocklv06 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:56 am

BasedVulpes - totally unrelated to everything but I don't know how I didn't mention that I also regularly obsess over Crap Taxidermy. Stalking that account gets me through 96% of my work weeks. :lol:

GiveMeGrayIcons

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
TexasENG wrote:

Yes, to see how interested you are in their schools versus what you say. To see what the general buzz is about their schools, to search by their schools name. Etc etc. At the last conference I was at, about a year ago, one admissions dean said he could figure out about 10% of his applicant pool on TLS. They have, after all, a ton of info on you. Also some people use their TLS names same as their email addresses, etc etc.

That's terrifying :shock:

JaimeD15

Postby JaimeD15 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:58 am

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
TexasENG wrote:

That's terrifying :shock:

I didn't consider any of that when I was setting this up. I may need to start over when I start applying. :shock:

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 am

This may have no relevance at all, but on my LSAT Status page the percentile associated with my previous test score just changed.

Maybe they have all of the scores compiled and that pushed percentiles?

TexasENG

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 am

MikeSpivey wrote:

I'm also really impressed that upwards of 10% of a T14 pool frequents these fora.

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GiveMeGrayIcons

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 am

whacka wrote:lmgtfy is the most condescending thing you can point someone towards. It serves no purpose but to allow people to be assholes. Instead, you could have said "google it." This shows that you actually don't care and want someone to do research for themselves. I could understand someone doing that. You could have also googled it and posted the results page (takes even less time than making a lmgtfy). Instead, people choose to go to lmgtfy, type their thing, then paste it here so everyone can go "lol got em so snarky." It takes the longest of all of the options, and only serves to make you look like an ass. If you want someone to google it themselves, just tell them so. If you're already going to type something into lmgtfy, just type it into actual google and post the results page. But noooo we need the funny button that says "was that so hard?" #rekt

Daaaaaaannnnnnggggggg

AbbeyS

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:02 am

whacka wrote:lmgtfy is the most condescending thing you can point someone towards. It serves no purpose but to allow people to be assholes. Instead, you could have said "google it." This shows that you actually don't care and want someone to do research for themselves. I could understand someone doing that. You could have also googled it and posted the results page (takes even less time than making a lmgtfy). Instead, people choose to go to lmgtfy, type their thing, then paste it here so everyone can go "lol got em so snarky." It takes the longest of all of the options, and only serves to make you look like an ass. If you want someone to google it themselves, just tell them so. If you're already going to type something into lmgtfy, just type it into actual google and post the results page. But noooo we need the funny button that says "was that so hard?" #rekt

Right. Every time I'm like, oh..you're so creative and witty. So original. You really showed me.

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtmtF_FTRA

TexasENG

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 am

Get em.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:04 am

7 more days until the LSAC's projected release of July 7. :|

yellowyak46

Postby yellowyak46 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:05 am

whoops
Last edited by yellowyak46 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

hammocklv06

Postby hammocklv06 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:05 am

AbbeyS wrote:

Right. Every time I'm like, oh..you're so creative and witty. So original. You really showed me.

What I love even more is "OMFG LET'S GET THE THREAD UP TO 300 PAGES" *15 seconds later* "Woah woah lmgtfy pls stop wasting space on the forum" ........tf???? Don't ya'll wanna be lawyers, the profession that advances its interests by POINTING OUT CONTRADICTIONS???

GiveMeGrayIcons

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:06 am

Oskosh wrote:7 more days until the LSAC's projected release of July 7. :|

0 days til LSAC's actual release date

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:06 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benwyatt

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:06 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”