The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
JaimeD15
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JaimeD15 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:34 am

hammocklv06 wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:
lalaa85 wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:Is anyone near DC?

Baltimore! I grew up in PG County

Montgomery county what's up

Nice! Spent a lot of time in MoCo


I'm in MoCo too!

Are you guys planning on staying in the area for LS?


I'm open to it. It all depends on my score, and school acceptances.

I wonder how many ppl ITT took the test at UofMD College Park that day.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

texasaggie10 wrote:Has anyone actually contacted LSAC? What do they tell you when you call?


I've called them about LSAT release dates multiple times (for the record I've also been to their headquarters and seen their mail delivering robot but that is a little bit beside the point) and it is pointless. You get this kid who hardly knows what the LSAT is, let alone when it will come out.

I also tweeted this at them on March 2nd after the Feb LSAT:

https://twitter.com/SpiveyConsult/statu ... 6339127296
Last edited by MikeSpivey on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am

EnderWiggin wrote:
drtamale wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:Has anyone actually contacted LSAC? What do they tell you when you call?


This sad soul did:

https://twitter.com/DavidScotton1/status/615537879985422336


lol. that guys twitter is ridiculous.


I wonder how often adcomms peruse social media profiles of potential admits/applicants


Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am

earthabides wrote:
Lillet71 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:Good to see more non k-jds then I thought there would be. 28 here personally worked a few years and got a master's also.


26 here. Currently 3 years in the workforce.


38, 15 years working


ew!


Disrespect

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 am

Still GREEN

Lillet71
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Lillet71 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 am

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
earthabides wrote:
Lillet71 wrote:
TexasENG wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:Good to see more non k-jds then I thought there would be. 28 here personally worked a few years and got a master's also.


26 here. Currently 3 years in the workforce.


38, 15 years working


ew!


Disrespect


Lol, it's fine - I'm also mother to 3 boys and coach track, not surprising in the least 8)

User avatar
thriller1122
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby thriller1122 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 am

JaimeD15 wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:
lalaa85 wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:Is anyone near DC?

Baltimore! I grew up in PG County

Montgomery county what's up

Nice! Spent a lot of time in MoCo


I'm in MoCo too!

Are you guys planning on staying in the area for LS?


I'm open to it. It all depends on my score, and school acceptances.

I wonder how many ppl ITT took the test at UofMD College Park that day.


I have to. Im stationed her til at least 2018... GULC, GW, or Maryland

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 am

23 here (24 July 31st) 2 years WE, will be in my 3rd when I begin applying to law schools.

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
drtamale wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:Has anyone actually contacted LSAC? What do they tell you when you call?


This sad soul did:

https://twitter.com/DavidScotton1/status/615537879985422336


lol. that guys twitter is ridiculous.


I wonder how often adcomms peruse social media profiles of potential admits/applicants


Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.


They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 am

AbbeyS wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
drtamale wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:Has anyone actually contacted LSAC? What do they tell you when you call?


This sad soul did:

https://twitter.com/DavidScotton1/status/615537879985422336


lol. that guys twitter is ridiculous.


I wonder how often adcomms peruse social media profiles of potential admits/applicants


Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.


They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who


They know everything

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 am

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:42 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am

MikeSpivey wrote:Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.


Really? Have they expressed why they get on TLS?

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:45 am

whacka wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who


When people get chatty about their exact GPA (x.xx) and LSAT score it narrows it down. I think at least one person got rejected from Harvard because of TLS posts


TLS confession time. Most personnel info that I give out is mildly inaccurate in case someone would try to narrow who I actually am.

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:45 am

whacka wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who


When people get chatty about their exact GPA (x.xx) and LSAT score it narrows it down. I think at least one person got rejected from Harvard because of TLS posts


Precisely why I haven't mentioned my target score or which schools I'm interested in

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:46 am

AbbeyS wrote:
whacka wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who


When people get chatty about their exact GPA (x.xx) and LSAT score it narrows it down. I think at least one person got rejected from Harvard because of TLS posts


Precisely why I haven't mentioned my target school or which schools I'm interested in


I'm interested in Barry University School of Law and Thomas M Cooley

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am

whacka wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:They swarm TLS? How do they even know who's who


When people get chatty about their exact GPA (x.xx) and LSAT score it narrows it down. I think at least one person got rejected from Harvard because of TLS posts


Also how did this Harvard rejectee know that TLS was the reason? Do they give you explanations?

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 am

TexasENG wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:Not very. But they swarm TLS, fyi.


Really? Have they expressed why they get on TLS?


Yes, to see how interested you are in their schools versus what you say. To see what the general buzz is about their schools, to search by their schools name. Etc etc. At the last conference I was at, about a year ago, one admissions dean said he could figure out about 10% of his applicant pool on TLS. They have, after all, a ton of info on you. Also some people use their TLS names same as their email addresses, etc etc.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

My catvatar actually is a vestige of adcoms getting on TLS. Harvard started a cat phenomenon, and then Yale gave a shoutout to a user it recently admitted who was using a power rangers icon.

User avatar
shump92
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby shump92 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

earthabides wrote:lurk so hard motherfuckers wanna find me


wanna get gray.

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

Do only the "top" law schools lurk on top law schools?

User avatar
doublehoohopeful
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby doublehoohopeful » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

AbbeyS wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:If I get the inside scoop today or whenever it comes, if it comes, I've decided I need to tweet in code. So I will tweet "JEAN LUC PICARD!" (unless anyone has a better code, which would be really hard to come up with except *maybe* if from the movies The Town or Cabin in The Woods. Or maybe from Game of Thrones.).

Here is hoping it is today, although my money still is on a Wed- Friday score release.


What's your Twitter handle


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spivey+twitter




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DumbHollywoodActor, Instrumental and 6 guests