The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

whacka wrote:oh to add to the above explanation, the reason oldercoldervoices (our resident statistics expert) felt like holidays are important in pushing back dates is because the december administration always has a really late release date that doesn't correspond with its actual release date because of winter break


Fun fact: in addition to being a statistics expert I also have a sixth sense for when people talk about me

No jk but I really did refresh the thread randomly just as you posted this

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:People who haven't been with us for the entire thread that make us repeat past neurotic analyses :roll:


I was here for the previous analysis

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 pm

benwyatt wrote:Do you have to take the LSAT to go to law school?


I heard it was optional

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:49 pm

AbbeyS wrote:
benwyatt wrote:Do you have to take the LSAT to go to law school?


I heard it was optional


Here you go.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2015 ... d-hopefuls

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:50 pm

whacka wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
Makes sense. but why the 7th....and not the 6th?

my guess is that, since they're erring on the side of caution, they wanted to give themselves a buffer day from break. If something goes wrong this week, they can't count on getting it fixed up immediately upon their return after a three day weekend. That's just how I've rationalized it in my head. Because then there'd be very little practical difference between a Thursday release and a Monday release (it would only be one business day)


I certainly don't disagree. I feel the same way about it, but that doesn't ensure today being the day. Last year the June exam was 22 days after. It could easily be tomorrow. I'm intrigued now of the difference in the scheduled date and actual date but in business days, not calendar days

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:51 pm

LSAT confirmed optional with "STEEP REQUIREMENTS" of 3.5 gpa and 85 percentile on ACT.

User avatar
AbbeyS
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:17 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby AbbeyS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

benwyatt wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:Today feels a lot like how I would imagine the Who's to have felt when they woke up excited for Christmas and found out it was all gone

Evil, nasty grinches at the LSAC


Maybe if we all sing "Fah who foraze" then LSAC will feel bad and give Christmas/our scores to us

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:55 pm

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasellewoods » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:55 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:What if LSAC planned on releasing today and then saw how neurotic we were being about it


dont even joke about this :cry:

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:55 pm

AbbeyS wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:Today feels a lot like how I would imagine the Who's to have felt when they woke up excited for Christmas and found out it was all gone

Evil, nasty grinches at the LSAC


Maybe if we all sing "Fah who foraze" then LSAC will feel bad and give Christmas/our scores to us


I thought it was "Wah whom pourage"

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2624
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

zacboro wrote:If scores don't come out by 6PM I bet they don't come out until Wednesday.


But why not Tuesday???

YoungZZ
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby YoungZZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Since 2004, the scores have been released, on average, 21 days after the exam. But if you just look at the data since 2010, it is 24 days; they're getting slower . . .

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

YoungZZ wrote:Since 2004, the scores have been released, on average, 21 days after the exam. But if you just look at the data since 2010, it is 24 days; they're getting slower . . .


First post such a downer.

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

whacka wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
whacka wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
Makes sense. but why the 7th....and not the 6th?

my guess is that, since they're erring on the side of caution, they wanted to give themselves a buffer day from break. If something goes wrong this week, they can't count on getting it fixed up immediately upon their return after a three day weekend. That's just how I've rationalized it in my head. Because then there'd be very little practical difference between a Thursday release and a Monday release (it would only be one business day)


I certainly don't disagree. I feel the same way about it, but that doesn't ensure today being the day. Last year the June exam was 22 days after. It could easily be tomorrow. I'm intrigued now of the difference in the scheduled date and actual date but in business days, not calendar days


no one is saying it's a 100% thing that it's today. We want it to be today. We have a good chance of it being today or tomorrow. We're not even close to time to give up on today, so let's worry about tomorrow tomorrow.


Deal :)

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:What if LSAC planned on releasing today and then saw how neurotic we were being about it


Image

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 5 guests