The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:13 am

Curiosity question for those of you who are full-time employed - what do you guys do for work/how busy are you on the average day?

tasmith
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby tasmith » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 am

jumbocolumbo wrote:I dreamt I got a 160 last night and I cried



Unfortunately that would not be the end of the world for me. Anything below a 155 and I'm fucked for the most part, as far as where I want to go.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 am

hammocklv06 wrote:Curiosity question for those of you who are full-time employed - what do you guys do for work/how busy are you on the average day?


Engineer. It depends on what's going on at the plant. I stay pretty busy.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 am

tasmith wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:I dreamt I got a 160 last night and I cried



Unfortunately that would not be the end of the world for me. Anything below a 155 and I'm fucked for the most part, as far as where I want to go.



Oh don't worry. TLS shitpoasters are the ultimate definition of try-hards

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasmith
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby tasmith » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 am

ruizdaw wrote:
tasmith wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:I dreamt I got a 160 last night and I cried



Unfortunately that would not be the end of the world for me. Anything below a 155 and I'm fucked for the most part, as far as where I want to go.



Oh don't worry. TLS shitpoasters are the ultimate definition of try-hards



I am confused, is this negative toward the crier or me? Both?

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GiveMeGrayIcons
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:19 am

hammocklv06 wrote:Curiosity question for those of you who are full-time employed - what do you guys do for work/how busy are you on the average day?


Big 4 accounting firm (tax accounting). This time of year: 35-40 hrs per week. Busy season; 60-70

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:20 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 am

Really crying over 2009 - they had the same test date as us but they got their scores back on June 25.

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:23 am

jetsfan1 wrote:So a bit of background: Where I live I have to search out wifi, and often times I go to a local bar because it is the closest place, and I mostly at night. Because of this, I can only follow this thread in 10-20 page clumps, rarely in real time because night for me is 3-5 am in the states. So, to further entertain myself I've invented a drinking game for reading this thread. The rules are as follows:

1) Drink every time someone complains about Zacbro's OPing skills.
2) Drink every time someone suggests a new poll. Twice if it's vulpes. Thrice if vulpes is simultaneously expressing frustration with Zacbro.
3) Drink every time someone misspells gray.
4) Drink every time Seamus gets in an argument.
5) Drink 3 times every time a newb asks about what gray/green means or about emailed scores.
6) For double/triple/however many posts someone makes in a row, drink that number of times (so if someone quadruple posts, you drink 4 times).
7) Drink every time someone mentions it's still green.
8) Drink every time Spivey makes an appearance.

As for now, that's the extent of the rules, but I'm counting on the overlords of this tread to help me out in making more/playing with me.


Even though I know why the #8 did that, I find it a very appropriately placed cool smiley since the reference is Spivey.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby appind » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:23 am

basedvulpes wrote:
appind wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:I my infinite boredom I made a google form where people can put in their GPAs and expected LSATs and we can view the results on a scatter plot.

Here's the link form: https://goo.gl/Ecu1ih

And the link to the results page with table and chart: https://goo.gl/GLGuBS

Surveying is a weird hobby of mine. I hope making this on my personal account doesn't give away my secret identity.

ETA: it will take a few minutes for the results page to refresh
ETA2: I can also see what browsers and operating systems you guys are using.

Bump

Bumping again now that we have 1000 lurkers


any way to add the actual score to this table once the grays happen?

There was an option when I originally set it up to allow people to go back and change their responses. Maybe I should have done that, but it required log in with a google account which is why I didn't.


it could be really useful to see the actual test day score dip trend. may be a new table once they come out could be put where regulars on this thread can enter their expected and actual scores may be with section breakdowns. could be useful for retake etc.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:23 am

basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:I my infinite boredom I made a google form where people can put in their GPAs and expected LSATs and we can view the results on a scatter plot.

Here's the link form: https://goo.gl/Ecu1ih

And the link to the results page with table and chart: https://goo.gl/GLGuBS

Surveying is a weird hobby of mine. I hope making this on my personal account doesn't give away my secret identity.

ETA: it will take a few minutes for the results page to refresh
ETA2: I can also see what browsers and operating systems you guys are using.

Bump

Bumping again now that we have 1000 lurkers


oldercoldervoice wrote:
I can share the original sheet with you if you want to have some fun with this. I think I'll do another one after scores are out with difference between expected scores and actual score.


Oooh yes please. I fckin love spreadsheets.

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:25 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby TexasENG » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:27 am

Engineer, I work on big things from an office. Usually I stay very busy, like no down time. LSAT however has really killed my productivity. I'm wondering how long I can slack before my boss wonders why.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
earthabides
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby earthabides » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am

scores now pls

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:29 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:29 am

I'm an auto parts delivery driver. I have a box truck and zero supervision :D

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:31 am

tasmith wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
tasmith wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:I dreamt I got a 160 last night and I cried



Unfortunately that would not be the end of the world for me. Anything below a 155 and I'm fucked for the most part, as far as where I want to go.



Oh don't worry. TLS shitpoasters are the ultimate definition of try-hards



I am confused, is this negative toward the crier or me? Both?


It's bipolar.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:32 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1858
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:33 am

basedvulpes wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
appind wrote:it could be really useful to see the actual test day score dip trend. may be a new table once they come out could be put where regulars on this thread can enter their expected and actual scores may be with section breakdowns. could be useful for retake etc.

I'll come up with something like that. Feel free to sketch out more of what you're thinking.

Is this place just going to be a ghost town once everyone gets their score?


Ye

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse. and 3 guests