The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:16 am

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsfan1

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jetsfan1 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:18 am

I've also got three long ass international flights next week. There was a girl in the February thread who was boarding the plane as they grayed, and didn't get her score before the flight took off. Ended up having to wait until they landed to get it. This would be hell.

placeholder

Postby placeholder » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:23 am

jetsfan1 wrote:I've also got three long ass international flights next week. There was a girl in the February thread who was boarding the plane as they grayed, and didn't get her score before the flight took off. Ended up having to wait until they landed to get it. This would be hell.

that's what you get being a jets fan

Li'l Sebastian

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:45 am

Has Dave tweeted a release date for this test yet?

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:49 am

Post removed.

cdotson2

Postby cdotson2 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:51 am

ruizdaw wrote:Has Dave tweeted a release date for this test yet?

no he doesn't usually tweet the date, he tweets on the day that scores will be released along the lines of "confirmed LSAT scores to be released soon"

Li'l Sebastian

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:52 am

cdotson2 wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:Has Dave tweeted a release date for this test yet?

no he doesn't usually tweet the date, he tweets on the day that scores will be released along the lines of "confirmed LSAT scores to be released soon"

We'll that's bloody useless. Gives us no time to go crazy in anticipation.
At least ben gave us time to start a riot.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 am

cdotson2 wrote:Apparently Dave Killoran has tweeted several times for other test dates that the LSAT would be released later in the day and was correct.

I may have talked with him last night. But keeping with the new plausible deniability protocol, "lol"

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:55 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Post removed.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Li'l Sebastian

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 pm

basedvulpes wrote:
thriller1122 wrote:Im looking for constructive feedback so please don't go on it just to shitpoast.

You can't tell a lion not to kill

Combined with your tar, everything you say is 100^10x6.023 awesome.

whacka

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Li'l Sebastian

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:14 pm

basedvulpes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
whacka wrote:The prequels are better and I'm not joking

i hope you get a 120

Pro tip: all the star wars movies sucks

Caution

This is bait.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Post removed.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:19 pm

I don't expect scores on the weekend. Hoping for June 29th!

Li'l Sebastian

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:19 pm

whacka wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
whacka wrote:Alright so the prequels are better for these reasons:

:|

Listen to your heart, not what some nerds on the internet want you to believe (except not me, listen to me)

That logic seems idk...kinda WHACKA.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Post removed.

placeholder

Postby placeholder » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:31 pm

BETTER ACTING:

People always shit on the dude that played Anakin, but have they even watched the original trilogy? Mark Hamill is fucking T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E and you're supposed to believe this goofy motherfucker is saving the galaxy? Come on. Bonus points for the fact that Harrison Ford is shit, too. He might have become a better actor as he aged, but in Star Wars, he was bad. Both of them together make it look like a high school play.

Less fucking stupid love story:

People shit on the prequels for filling time with Anakin+Padme, but that's better than what we get in the original trilogy. We're actually treated to TWO stupid romance arcs, one as dumb as the last. The first is the sexual tension between Leia and Luke that ends in an incest kiss, the second is Han repeatedly going "hey Leia u know u want me baby" and nothing happening until the very end when she goes "actually i do like u :)))"

Better villain arc:

We get to see the Republic devolve into the Empire, and see the rise of Palpatine, which is way cooler than the bad guys already existing. However, I will concede that Darth Vader is a better villain than each of the "main villains" in the prequels (Maul, Dooku, and Greivous). The Emporer in the prequels > Emperor in the original trilogy, however. In the original trilogy we spend the whole time hating Vader, but then they unite against a common foe that we barely know jack shit about. Boring. Seeing his rise is way better.

Better cast of characters:

All of the Jedi are way better characters than Luke "lol how am I gonna save the galaxy?!" Skywalker, Han "I WANNA FUCK U LEIA" Solo, and Leia "why am I even here" Organa

i'll name the reasons why the first one sucked but the prequel of the trilogy was great.
George Lucas made the first one all about selling toys. There are straight sequences where its shot to shot of objects. We get it after the first pan shot this place is exotic. This ties into the casting.

He could have chosen someone a little older to play anakin and we would get a better actor and still will believable especially all the B.S of toys he had to show off which was displayed as characterization. A 13-15 year old would have been better. But he wanted to sell toys to children so he casted a child. This eventually ties into the plot.

The trilogy as a whole is pretty awesome despite the last 2 aimed at teen action marketing. How he takes control of the senate with a fake war, and kills all the jedi with the rise of vadar. The ending is awesome too. But the first one plays so little to the overall plot to the trilogy. The reason was they wanted a really dumbed down version for kids thats why jar jar binks existed so the characters would talk like 2 year old to him to explain the plot. They should have introduced count dooku earlier and made it seem like he could be the sith lord.

doublehoohopeful

Postby doublehoohopeful » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:43 pm

placeholder wrote:

BETTER ACTING:

People always shit on the dude that played Anakin, but have they even watched the original trilogy? Mark Hamill is fucking T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E and you're supposed to believe this goofy motherfucker is saving the galaxy? Come on. Bonus points for the fact that Harrison Ford is shit, too. He might have become a better actor as he aged, but in Star Wars, he was bad. Both of them together make it look like a high school play.

Less fucking stupid love story:

People shit on the prequels for filling time with Anakin+Padme, but that's better than what we get in the original trilogy. We're actually treated to TWO stupid romance arcs, one as dumb as the last. The first is the sexual tension between Leia and Luke that ends in an incest kiss, the second is Han repeatedly going "hey Leia u know u want me baby" and nothing happening until the very end when she goes "actually i do like u :)))"

Better villain arc:

We get to see the Republic devolve into the Empire, and see the rise of Palpatine, which is way cooler than the bad guys already existing. However, I will concede that Darth Vader is a better villain than each of the "main villains" in the prequels (Maul, Dooku, and Greivous). The Emporer in the prequels > Emperor in the original trilogy, however. In the original trilogy we spend the whole time hating Vader, but then they unite against a common foe that we barely know jack shit about. Boring. Seeing his rise is way better.

Better cast of characters:

All of the Jedi are way better characters than Luke "lol how am I gonna save the galaxy?!" Skywalker, Han "I WANNA FUCK U LEIA" Solo, and Leia "why am I even here" Organa

i'll name the reasons why the first one sucked but the prequel of the trilogy was great.
George Lucas made the first one all about selling toys. There are straight sequences where its shot to shot of objects. We get it after the first pan shot this place is exotic. This ties into the casting.

He could have chosen someone a little older to play anakin and we would get a better actor and still will believable especially all the B.S of toys he had to show off which was displayed as characterization. A 13-15 year old would have been better. But he wanted to sell toys to children so he casted a child. This eventually ties into the plot.

The trilogy as a whole is pretty awesome despite the last 2 aimed at teen action marketing. How he takes control of the senate with a fake war, and kills all the jedi with the rise of vadar. The ending is awesome too. But the first one plays so little to the overall plot to the trilogy. The reason was they wanted a really dumbed down version for kids thats why jar jar binks existed so the characters would talk like 2 year old to him to explain the plot. They should have introduced count dooku earlier and made it seem like he could be the sith lord.

These videos are a good starter on how the prequels could have been improved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Post removed.

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Just found an r/LSAT thread that was started last night. It looks like certain international administrations of the test are happening today. Not sure how this plays into score release for those that took the standard June 8 exam, if at all. Just thought it was interesting

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:54 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Just found an r/LSAT thread that was started last night. It looks like certain international administrations of the test are happening today. Not sure how this plays into score release for those that took the standard June 8 exam, if at all. Just thought it was interesting

wait is this the LSAC-administered LSAT? Confused
http://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/3bad6w/sitting_the_lsat_in_13_hours_havent_prepared_at/

wenxiz

Postby wenxiz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:57 pm

I know this is a noob question, but I am a noob. What color is LSAT status before green? And what's the sense in doing a papal release? Just to create anticipation?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”