The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbocolumbo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm

zacboro wrote:I think they will count. At my university ANY transfer credits don't count towards your GPA. But by LSAC's standards all grades count.


+1 yeah I definitely think you're right about this here and all and ya know how about a new poll?

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

jumbocolumbo wrote:
zacboro wrote:I think they will count. At my university ANY transfer credits don't count towards your GPA. But by LSAC's standards all grades count.


+1 yeah I definitely think you're right about this here and all and ya know how about a new poll?

User avatar
JaimeD15
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JaimeD15 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

ruizdaw wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:This may be our last business day without scores. Maybe LSAC staff is working feverishly to get everything delivered Monday AS WE SPEAK!



If you're wrong, into the volcano you go.


If I have to wait much longer, I may jump in.

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbocolumbo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Anyone know what the deal is with the Google[Bot] user on this thread?

User avatar
tedofsandimas
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby tedofsandimas » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm

jumbocolumbo wrote:Anyone know what the deal is with the Google[Bot] user on this thread?


I think it has something to do with indexing the site for Google searches.

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Oskosh wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:This may be our last business day without scores. Maybe LSAC staff is working feverishly to get everything delivered Monday AS WE SPEAK!



If you're wrong, into the volcano you go.

You might be well versed in bird law, but what do you know about volcano law, you pleb?



That depends on where the volcano is located!

Maritime Law is my specialty. At least where seagulls and Pelicans are involved.

User avatar
oldercoldervoice
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Re: study abroad grades

My understanding was that if you were only abroad for a semester, and your UG transcript reports the credits as pass/fail, LSAC won't ask for the transcript with letter grades from the abroad univeristy.

So, for example, I was at U of Edinburgh this past semester. Edinburgh gave me 3 letter grades for each of my 3 classes. However, when they send the transcript to my home univeristy, my home univeristy will confirm that I passed everything, then throw out the letter grades and simply report pass/fail for purposes of my transcript. So I'll have a semester where my grade report just says "Overseas Studies, 15 units, pass." Afaik LSAC won't ask for the Edinburgh transcript, and if I do provide it to be sent along with my other transcript to the schools I apply to (which I probably will), they won't include those three letter grades in my official LSDAS adjusted GPA.

This only works if your UG transcript straight up does not have the abroad letter grades listed on it, tho.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:19 pm

whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??

User avatar
Li'l Sebastian
Posts: 1859
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Li'l Sebastian » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Oskosh wrote:
whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??


Exactly. If you go to Harvard you will have 0 trouble getting into big law.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 pm

whacka wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??


I was referring to Hogwarts Law School. T 9 3/4

Haha the 9 3/4 reference was lost on me.

User avatar
cub1014
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby cub1014 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm

whacka wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??


I was referring to Hogwarts Law School. T 9 3/4


Any good law schools in the Mushroom Kingdom as well Whacka?

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:31 pm

ruizdaw wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??


Exactly. If you go to Harvard you will have 0 trouble getting into big law.


Image

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Whnlifegvsulmns wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:But my preference is for the T9 3/4


HLS has terrible biglaw placement

But is that based on an inability to get Big Law, or because a lot of HLS goes for clerkships??


Exactly. If you go to Harvard you will have 0 trouble getting into big law.


Image

Shhhh lurker

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:37 pm

Oskosh wrote:Shhhh lurker


I'm confused...

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JaimeD15
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JaimeD15 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:46 pm

So, do we all just compulsively check LSAC on Monday and when the first person goes grey they shout it from the rooftops?

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
placeholder
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby placeholder » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:51 pm

right now i'm trying not to get my hopes up. I went from feeling it was okay to feeling like i did great while sometimes thinking i might have misbubbled to becoming very nervous about it.

At least with PTs it was known right away. I feel like waiting for it and suffering the wait has made me thinking i expect a higher score than i deserve but in reality i know that's not the way it goes.

User avatar
JaimeD15
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JaimeD15 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:52 pm

benwyatt wrote:
JaimeD15 wrote:So, do we all just compulsively check LSAC on Monday and when the first person goes gray they shout it from the rooftops?


Yep.

I've started casually checking now every couple hours, but Monday is when the real game starts.


I think I will "work from home Monday," so that I can pretend to work at home instead of my desk. haha

deant286
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby deant286 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:00 pm

jumbocolumbo wrote:
deant286 wrote:I feel kind of weird after lurking this entire time and just now contributing to this thread I've been following lol, but can someone explain to me what the hell you all mean by "grey days" or "it" becoming grey, or whatever? I'm definitely lost.


It refers to the grey decaying flesh of the bodies from which LSAC extracts the nefarious souls they use to produce their employees. The despair of disappointed LSAT takers powers this process when scores are released. Hence, grey day.


Ahh okay, thanks. This clears up all my confusion.... :|

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby RareExports » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:07 pm

deant286 wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:
deant286 wrote:I feel kind of weird after lurking this entire time and just now contributing to this thread I've been following lol, but can someone explain to me what the hell you all mean by "grey days" or "it" becoming grey, or whatever? I'm definitely lost.


It refers to the grey decaying flesh of the bodies from which LSAC extracts the nefarious souls they use to produce their employees. The despair of disappointed LSAT takers powers this process when scores are released. Hence, grey day.


Ahh okay, thanks. This clears up all my confusion.... :|

The green icons on the LSAT Status page turn to gray shortly before scores are released.

User avatar
Oskosh
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Oskosh » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Damn right we need a new poll.

deant286
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby deant286 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:14 pm

RareExports wrote:The green icons on the LSAT Status page turn to gray shortly before scores are released.


Thanks.

After it turns gray, what is the average length of time one can expect to be waiting for their score? I know that not everyone gets their scores at the same time, but does it turning gray mean that after some X amount of time all scores will be posted? Like a week or something? Or is there no way of knowing this?

User avatar
placeholder
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby placeholder » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:16 pm

deant286 wrote:
RareExports wrote:The green icons on the LSAT Status page turn to gray shortly before scores are released.


Thanks.

After it turns gray, what is the average length of time one can expect to be waiting for their score? I know that not everyone gets their scores at the same time, but does it turning gray mean that after some X amount of time all scores will be posted? Like a week or something? Or is there no way of knowing this?


They are released in batches after it turns grey. So you might get it right away or a couple hours later or even up to a day. But typically within that day you will get it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, bcapace, cianchetta0, dontsaywhatyoumean, DumbHollywoodActor, Greenteachurro, Instrumental, JoshLyman13, mjb447, MSNbot Media, raidr, Roverse, Tazewell and 11 guests