The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

peke

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby peke » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 am

zacboro wrote:
dhb44 wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
peke wrote:Could someone with a non-LR experimental confirm whether or not they saw a very long question that took the entire column - each answer choice was 5-6 lines long (subject regarding a company planning for a March or May conference). I would imagine it's memorable enough many people would be able to recall if they saw it.

I had experimental lr and I don't think I had that question

i believed i did, it was on the left page on the right side...

I believe this was experimental, because it was question 25 and then I had question 26 right next to it. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure!

hm, for some reason I'm quite certain this was #23 but I think the section did have 26Q. Maybe question order changes as well?

drtamale

Post removed...

Postby drtamale » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

BruiseWillis

Postby BruiseWillis » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Any people in this thread who took in the UK? :shock:

foles

Postby foles » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Last edited by foles on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:12 pm

drtamale wrote:i hope we get scores today

Seems probable.

itookthelsat

Postby itookthelsat » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:14 pm

abcde12341 wrote:
peke wrote:Still doesn't look like we have much of a consensus on the experimental LR. I had LR RC LR LR LG and here's as much as I can remember (trying hard to be vague enough so I don't accidentally get myself banned again).

LR1 - (25 Q): city selling parking rights, babbling babies, LP records CONFIRMED REAL
LR2 - (25 Q): Can't remember anything other than it was surprisingly easy. (Possibly cow herding?)
LR3 - (?? Q): Mate drinks, Full-meal replacements, company scheduling for March or May (long column)

Edit: adding as I read them/remember more

I also had 3 LR sections: LR, RC, LR, LR, LG.

I'm glad the LP records visual question section was real!

I remember on the 3rd LR seeing a grammar error on #12 (question started a brand new sentence instead of writing a comma), a parallel flaw question that had a decorative scarves mentioned in one of the answers, a very difficult late question on core, steam, and heavy isotopes. Does anyone remember those? Does the experimental section throw different LR questions to people who had the experimental LR?

beaglelegal

Postby beaglelegal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 pm

I really don't understand why it takes 3-4 weeks to get our scores... What are they doing for all this time?? They hold scores when people make test center complaints anyway so sorting those out can't be the holdup.

drtamale

Post removed...

Postby drtamale » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:24 pm

drtamale wrote:i hope we get scores today

before we commence our wade into the impossible and always futile yet timeless activity of score release date predicting/pining, cambridgelsat has fun data on this. full data set is available on their website but here is the info provided for the last 5 total lsat administrations and last 5 june lsats so pick ur poison

Test Date: February 7, 2015 / Actual Score Release Date: March 2, 2015 (23 days)
Test Date: December 6, 2014 / Actual Score Release Date: January 2, 2015 (27 days)
Test Date: September 27, 2014 / Actual Score Release Date: October 20, 2014 (23 days)
Test Date: June 9th, 2014 / Actual Score Release Date: July 1, 2014 (22 days)
Test Date: February 8, 2014 / Actual Score Release Date: March 2, 2014 (22 days)
median wait time for last 5 total administrations: 23 days

Test Date: June 9th, 2014 / Actual Score Release Date: July 1, 2014 (22 days)
Test Date: June 10th, 2013 / Actual Score Release Date: July 1, 2013 (21 days)
Test Date: June 11th, 2012 / Actual Score Release Date: July 2, 2013 (21 days)
Test Date: June 6th, 2011 / Actual Score Release Date: June 27th, 2011 (21 days)
Test Date: June 7th, 2010/ Actual Score Release Date: June 25th, 2010 (18 days)
median wait time for last 5 June administrations: 21 days

amd3_3

Postby amd3_3 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

itookthelsat wrote:
abcde12341 wrote:
peke wrote:Still doesn't look like we have much of a consensus on the experimental LR. I had LR RC LR LR LG and here's as much as I can remember (trying hard to be vague enough so I don't accidentally get myself banned again).

LR1 - (25 Q): city selling parking rights, babbling babies, LP records CONFIRMED REAL
LR2 - (25 Q): Can't remember anything other than it was surprisingly easy. (Possibly cow herding?)
LR3 - (?? Q): Mate drinks, Full-meal replacements, company scheduling for March or May (long column)

I remember on the 3rd LR seeing a grammar error on #12 (question started a brand new sentence instead of writing a comma), a parallel flaw question that had a decorative scarves mentioned in one of the answers, a very difficult late question on core, steam, and heavy isotopes. Does anyone remember those? Does the experimental section throw different LR questions to people who had the experimental LR?

I had the core, steam, isotope section on my section 1 (which was 26 questions). Did any non-experimental LR people have this? If not, this further confirms that the 26q LR was experimental.

jumbo2016

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 pm

drtamale wrote:
beaglelegal wrote:I really don't understand why it takes 3-4 weeks to get our scores... What are they doing for all this time?? They hold scores when people make test center complaints anyway so sorting those out can't be the holdup.

writing section ?

They have to thoroughly comb through the responses to make sure the test measures what it was supposed to measure. If there's an question that a lot of people got wrong, they have to make sure that for the most part the people who got it wrong were people who got a lot of questions wrong so as to make sure that it isn't a bad question. I'm pretty sure it's now when they decide if they want to remove any items from scoring. They also have to compound the data to calculate percentiles. Since the writing section is just copied not graded I don't think that would make the test take three weeks.

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:35 pm

itookthelsat wrote:
abcde12341 wrote:

There are typically multiple experimental LR sections, but within each section, I believe there is consistency (i.e. they don't jumble around questions), but I could be wrong.

I don't remember decorative scarves or core/steam/heavy isotopes, but if your 3rd LR was your 4th section overall, it is very unlikely that it was experimental. As far as I know, the experimental has always been in the first 3 sections overall. If those were in your 4th section overall, I must just be forgetting about them.

ryangreenspan

Postby ryangreenspan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:42 pm

^ They stopped putting the experimental in the first three sections after Oct. 2011.

Rare Exports, you only had two LR sections? The isotropes question listed like three heavy metals and possible methods they could have ended up where they did. It's a memorable question.

tedofsandimas

Postby tedofsandimas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 pm

amd3_3 wrote:
itookthelsat wrote:
abcde12341 wrote:

I had the core, steam, isotope section on my section 1 (which was 26 questions). Did any non-experimental LR people have this? If not, this further confirms that the 26q LR was experimental.

I was non-experimental LR and I don't remember any of those.

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm

ryangreenspan wrote:^ They stopped putting the experimental in the first three sections after Oct. 2011.

Rare Exports, you only had two LR sections? The isotropes question listed like three heavy metals and possible methods they could have ended up where they did. It's a memorable question.

I think you mean they stopped putting the experimental *exclusively* in the first three sections

jj2hawks

Postby jj2hawks » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:46 pm

checking in. had LR,RC,LR,LR,LG. The middle LR went great, along with the RC. Wouldn't mind either of the other LR's being the experimental, although I think the first one was the toughest because I hadn't gotten into a good rhythm yet. The LG sucked being as I drew a couple blanks. Too many concussions I suppose. Would be content at or above 165.
... Also does anyone have any insight to how steep the curve normally is and what factors play a role in determining it?

janderson821

Postby janderson821 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Does anyone remember the topics of the experimental logic games section? I can remember the questions from the actual one but I am trying to distinguish between the two!

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

ryangreenspan wrote:^ They stopped putting the experimental in the first three sections after Oct. 2011.

Oh my bad.

Yeah, I only had 2 and I don't remember that, but it's probable that the wording just isn't triggering my memory of the question.

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:14 pm

zacboro wrote:
dhb44 wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
peke wrote:Could someone with a non-LR experimental confirm whether or not they saw a very long question that took the entire column - each answer choice was 5-6 lines long (subject regarding a company planning for a March or May conference). I would imagine it's memorable enough many people would be able to recall if they saw it.

I believe this was experimental, because it was question 25 and then I had question 26 right next to it. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure!

Pretty sure zacbro is right. I remember blindly guessing and running out of time for this question

peke

Postby peke » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:16 pm

JackelJ wrote:
zacboro wrote:
dhb44 wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:

Pretty sure zacbro is right. I remember blindly guessing and running out of time for this question

I also remember it being on the left hand page right column and I don't think they ever have the last LR question on a page by itself

NL2424

Postby NL2424 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashleedif

Postby ashleedif » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:19 pm

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
whacka wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
whacka wrote:
kevgogators wrote:So what the fuck was up w/ that gardening to the phases of the moon LR question? Experimental section or nah?

Nope that wasn't experimental, since I had it. I thought the answer was pretty easy though - now I'm doubting my answer

I had that and that was a part of the 26q LR. So its confirmed one of the LG had 26q.

I think you're mistaken... all of my LR were 25 questions

I'm 100% positive it was 26q. I think you are mistaken.

I had three LRs and they were all 25 questions. I made sure to pay attention to this. So you're definitely mistaken by it being 26 haha

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervousfirsttimer

Postby nervousfirsttimer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 pm

What is the reason that we cant discuss question specifics on here? Are there some people who haven't taken the test yet? Is there a place where we can discuss this?

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Going out of the country for a week starting this weekend is a godsend where I literally can't stress out scores since I won't have internet. wooo!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”