The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

JoanaP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JoanaP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 am

I need to talk about this test with someone because i am going crazy!!! anyone want to email me or text me so we can discuss some questions that are bothering me? Please! I need sleep!

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22805
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 am

JoanaP wrote:I need to talk about this test with someone because i am going crazy!!! anyone want to email me or text me so we can discuss some questions that are bothering me? Please! I need sleep!

You can't arrange to do that here. See the rules about discussing the LSAT, linked in the OP:

TLS Moderators wrote:Please be advised that discussion or solicitation (including, but not limited to, PMs and online chatrooms) of any questions or answers from the September 2014 LSAT with anything more than an extremely broad level of specificity will result in a temporary or permanent ban.

TLS Moderators wrote:14. Guys, maybe we should create a chatroom to discuss this. I started one: tinychat.com/letscheatontheLSAT Ban.
15. If you guys could PM me about this, that'd be great. [b]Ban.

DrYamata
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby DrYamata » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:06 am

nlee10 wrote:
JoanaP wrote:Help! I am so anxious. I suffered crippling test anxiety during the LG section and I cannot have scored more than 2 points. I was frozen in sheer panic. I don't know why this happens to me. Help me by helping me figure out what my experimental section was. I had LR/RC/LR/LR/LG.

Yes I had that.


Third here. Nothing we can do about it now. No sense worrying about it. What will matter is what you do to avoid this next time. How are you gonna do that?

User avatar
stego
Posts: 2820
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby stego » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 am

Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?

Didn't even read the last game or two on the real LG section but did guess on all the questions. It's gratifying that everyone else seems to think they were hard.

JoanaP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JoanaP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:08 am

Ok...I'm not being specific at all.

CPAlawHopefu
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:16 am

stasg wrote:Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?


I'm one of the people considering cancelling.

I would imagine that the law school adcom would be skeptical of a huge fluctuation in LSAT score (assuming that the 2nd score saw a huge increase from the first score, like from 155 to 175) and could reflect negatively on the candidate's fit to the school since it raises question about his/her innate skill. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to cancel the score?

Would appreciate an input on this.

DrYamata
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby DrYamata » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
stasg wrote:Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?


I'm one of the people considering cancelling.

I would imagine that the law school adcom would be skeptical of a huge fluctuation in LSAT score (assuming that the 2nd score saw a huge increase from the first score, like from 155 to 175) and could reflect negatively on the candidate's fit to the school since it raises question about his/her innate skill. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to cancel the score?

Would appreciate an input on this.


Why would that be suspicious? You probably should be getting a higher score taking the test more than once due to familiarity with the test and test day conditions

User avatar
Talarose
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Talarose » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:27 am

I had LR RC LR LR LG
LG was fairly easy. The last game was pretty confusing but at the most -2.
All three LR were moderate. Third one was definitely the easiest, though not easy by any means.
RC, which is usually my weakest, was surprisingly easy. The one about glass threw me off a bit, but other than that I thought it was pretty easy.
In order from easiest to hardest:
1. RC
2. LG
3. LR

I am shooting for a 179/180 but I'm thinking I got 170. Even if I was in the mid 160's, what would be the point of canceling the score? I feel like I'm missing something on that front. Even if you don't get the score you want, what is the point of canceling? It still counts as a take so I'm just confused as to why one would consider doing so. There is a thread going on now about a previous admissions officer (I think) from Penn says that significant discrepancies in scores require an addendum. I don't get it!

See you all in October!

CPAlawHopefu
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 am

DrYamata wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
stasg wrote:Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?


I'm one of the people considering cancelling.

I would imagine that the law school adcom would be skeptical of a huge fluctuation in LSAT score (assuming that the 2nd score saw a huge increase from the first score, like from 155 to 175) and could reflect negatively on the candidate's fit to the school since it raises question about his/her innate skill. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to cancel the score?

Would appreciate an input on this.


Why would that be suspicious? You probably should be getting a higher score taking the test more than once due to familiarity with the test and test day conditions



I was under the impression that the original purpose of LSAT was to test the innate reasoning skill in a person. And I'm not talking about a jump from 165 to 170 - that could be seen as a "reasonable improvement" through practice and may show that the person already has an innate "smart" to do well in their school. But a major jump from a mediocre (150's) to a superb score (170's) may tell a completely different story about that person (i.e. slow learning curve) that may play a negative factor could risk that person's admissions.

User avatar
stego
Posts: 2820
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:23 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby stego » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
stasg wrote:Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?


I'm one of the people considering cancelling.

I would imagine that the law school adcom would be skeptical of a huge fluctuation in LSAT score (assuming that the 2nd score saw a huge increase from the first score, like from 155 to 175) and could reflect negatively on the candidate's fit to the school since it raises question about his/her innate skill. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to cancel the score?

Would appreciate an input on this.


A 20-point jump from your first to second take might look suspicious, but then again, when you got the 155 the first time you wouldn't know you'd get a 175 later unless you were consistently PTing in the 170s or high 160s and just bombed the first time.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby leslieknope » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:38 am

Popping in to say that unless you know you fucked up, do not cancel, guys. No matter how badly you think you did. TLS talked me down from canceling in Feb after I took the LSAT on maybe 45 minutes of sleep, and I ended up with a low 170s score. There's plenty of stories on TLS about people who cancelled scores they later figured out were awesome. The worst case scenario is that you have a low score you'll replace with a retake, and the best case is that you end up with a score you're satisfied with and never have to take the damn thing again. Basically all the available evidence says that retakers do just as well, too, so you really have nothing to lose.

DrYamata
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby DrYamata » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:39 am

CPAlawHopefu wrote:
DrYamata wrote:
CPAlawHopefu wrote:
stasg wrote:Law schools look at your highest take and a cancellation counts as one of your three takes. Why does anyone ever cancel?


I'm one of the people considering cancelling.

I would imagine that the law school adcom would be skeptical of a huge fluctuation in LSAT score (assuming that the 2nd score saw a huge increase from the first score, like from 155 to 175) and could reflect negatively on the candidate's fit to the school since it raises question about his/her innate skill. If this is the case, wouldn't it make sense to cancel the score?

Would appreciate an input on this.


Why would that be suspicious? You probably should be getting a higher score taking the test more than once due to familiarity with the test and test day conditions



I was under the impression that the original purpose of LSAT was to test the innate reasoning skill in a person. And I'm not talking about a jump from 165 to 170 - that could be seen as a "reasonable improvement" through practice and may show that the person already has an innate "smart" to do well in their school. But a major jump from a mediocre (150's) to a superb score (170's) may tell a completely different story about that person (i.e. slow learning curve) that may play a negative factor could risk that person's admissions.


I'm struggling to see how getting a 170 could ever reflect negatively on someone. Having the ability to even hit a 170 at all is an accomplishment.. but I think your question boils down to "What is better, cancel and 170 or 140 and 170?" Not sure.

JoanaP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JoanaP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 am

Call this question crazy but people with great memories, help..! do you remember if you circled a many Mod edit: don't specify answers for the game section?

CPAlawHopefu
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby CPAlawHopefu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:42 am

^^^

I think this kind of Q is ban-worthy. I'd erase this if I were you.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:43 am

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

JoanaP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JoanaP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:45 am

Im really confused as to how everything is ban-worthy.....

Drucifer
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:43 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby Drucifer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:47 am

So I got to the fourth game and I couldn't even finish a sentence of the game I had to pee so bad (one of those times you cant stand up straight, usually after a few hours of drinking then a long car ride). Spent all morning pounding water and took a pre workout pill (cause iz dumb). Got back from the bathroom with about 6 minutes left and felt like the game wasn't that bad, I did end up guessing on a one or two because of the time. I wonder if it was because I had a little break or because my trip the restroom was so amazing that my euphoria was clouding my judgment.

User avatar
nlee10
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby nlee10 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:06 am

JoanaP wrote:Im really confused as to how everything is ban-worthy.....

Because everything you have been saying can be used to pinpoint anything alluding to specific answers or question types. We can only use very general terms like the "hard magazine game" or "tough glass passage".

courtleigh24
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby courtleigh24 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:27 am

I had LR RC LR LR LG--anyone sure about which LR from this format was experimental?

nmh2089
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:21 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby nmh2089 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:44 am

courtleigh24 wrote:I had LR RC LR LR LG--anyone sure about which LR from this format was experimental?


I've tried going through the posts but I'm still unsure. I'm pretty sure it's either 1st or 3rd though. And I'm leaning towards 1st, because if I'm not mistaken, experimental is most usually one of the first 3 sections administered.

JoanaP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby JoanaP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 am

Its been confirmed that the first one was not experimental.

User avatar
candidlatke
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 3:52 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby candidlatke » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 am

Holy shit my relief upon finding out the Indiana Jones and fencing logic games were experimental was almost palpable

abcde12341
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby abcde12341 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:44 am

darthslughorn wrote:Yo, consistent lurker reporting in to confirm that the LG section was a pain. I had a triple LR, and my experimental LR was super weird. It had some of the hardest questions I've ever seen in the first 10 questions, but no dinosaur heads (I think?). Hell if I remember, I was thinking about the games section mostly through that exp LR. And I felt the other LRs and RC were pretty easy, so games definitely setting the curve this time.
I had a great moment during LG where I forget to start my watch, and I questioned every decision I have ever made.


i felt the exact same way! and am hoping that you are right and that section with the extremely hard questions in the first 10, was the experimental.

abcde12341
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby abcde12341 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 am

i saw someone earlier asked about this one- i did have a question about the phases of the moon and planting. i also had a question about comet orbits, and about a mentor.

abcde12341
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby abcde12341 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:56 am

peke wrote:Still doesn't look like we have much of a consensus on the experimental LR. I had LR RC LR LR LG and here's as much as I can remember (trying hard to be vague enough so I don't accidentally get myself banned again).

LR1 - (25 Q): city selling parking rights, babbling babies, LP records CONFIRMED REAL
LR2 - (25 Q): Can't remember anything other than it was surprisingly easy. (Possibly cow herding?)
LR3 - (?? Q): Mate drinks, Full-meal replacements, company scheduling for March or May (long column)

Edit: adding as I read them/remember more




i had this, but not totally sure the order but it might be the same as yours. I felt that my first LR was the experimental (atleast am hoping) , the first 10 questions were incredibly difficult? anyone have any feedback on this? or struggled with some of the first 10 questions?

do you remember which section the Comit orbiting question was in? I liked that question




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: batlaw, BobBoblaw, DumbHollywoodActor, LarryFlint, MSNbot Media, potatocowpower, Pozzo, SunDevil14 and 29 guests