The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

whacka

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:59 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
Oskosh wrote:So Spivey said that the majority of people end up feeling bad on testing day, and that they end up performing like they were PTing. Still, I don't want to think about the June LSAT right now, and I don't want to discuss the logic games at any depth unless the games are in my hand.

For the record I said "so many"...I don't know if it is the majority or not but I do know it is many.

I just reached out to someone at LSAC to see if I can get an inside scoop on release date. But also for the record they are hyper guarded internally at LSAC and the last time I did this I reached out to 3 friends at LSAC and all 3 gave me different dates. Maybe I'll just apply for a temp job as a psychometrician for them.

Is their answer something you're allowed to share or is it a secret?

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:00 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
Oskosh wrote:So Spivey said that the majority of people end up feeling bad on testing day, and that they end up performing like they were PTing. Still, I don't want to think about the June LSAT right now, and I don't want to discuss the logic games at any depth unless the games are in my hand.

For the record I said "so many"...I don't know if it is the majority or not but I do know it is many.

I just reached out to someone at LSAC to see if I can get an inside scoop on release date. But also for the record they are hyper guarded internally at LSAC and the last time I did this I reached out to 3 friends at LSAC and all 3 gave me different dates. Maybe I'll just apply for a temp job as a psychometrician for them.

Please let us know if you hear anything!

I'm always amazed that the release dates don't get leaked, considering how many employees LSAC has.

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:01 am

RareExports wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:

Please let us know if you hear anything!

I'm always amazed that the release dates don't get leaked, considering how many employees LSAC has.

Their employees are reanimated corpses from the cemetery they're built next to.

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaimeD15

Postby JaimeD15 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 am

Morning peeps. We are under a week left to wait.. I hope. How are we hanging in?

JaimeD15

Postby JaimeD15 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 am

Seamus887 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:

TELL US WHAT HE SAID? We are dying, take pity on us.

Have pity on our SOULS! lol Unless he said July 7, in which case... eff off. lol

jumbocolumbo

Postby jumbocolumbo » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:10 am

So has any forlorn soul resigned him/herself to October yet? If so are you studying now or taking in the sweetness of summer until you get your score? I haven't quite resigned myself, like many I sway between manic optimism and morose urges to join Seamus in Alaska.

benwyatt

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:13 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

tedofsandimas

Postby tedofsandimas » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:17 am

benwyatt wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:So has any forlorn soul resigned him/herself to October yet? If so are you studying now or taking in the sweetness of summer until you get your score? I haven't quite resigned myself, like many I sway between manic optimism and morose urges to join Seamus in Alaska.

I say don't resign yourself to October until you see your score.
Even if you wait until July 7th, you have more than enough time to prep between now and then so you might as well relax and enjoy your break.

I have, but I froze so badly on LG that I guessed on more questions than not. But I'm not studying for October yet, mostly because I have a summer class that lasts until July 10 plus work.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 am

Unless they say "you can not share" I will for sure share.

I have a theory on the lack of leaking. I don't think they know. In other words, I think they are dealing with trouble shooting and problem solving issues and have a general idea (hence the 3 different dates I was given) but not a specific idea until a day or two out.

Anyway, I am not optimistic I will get something to bank on but I will keep at it!

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:23 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:26 am

basedvulpes wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
whacka wrote:6 days

Has anyone else transitioned from the anxious waiting mood to a sense of resigned acceptance to whatever your score is? Whether it means a retake or not, I'm just over the whole stressing out about it stage.

I'm still kind of stressing over what my score will be because I'm pretty committed to not retaking at this point. I took in February too so I don't know if I can handle doing it three times in a row.

You will do fine I'm sure! I believe that this was your last take; I can feel it. Don't stress

JackelJ

Postby JackelJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:28 am

jumbocolumbo wrote:So has any forlorn soul resigned him/herself to October yet? If so are you studying now or taking in the sweetness of summer until you get your score? I haven't quite resigned myself, like many I sway between manic optimism and morose urges to join Seamus in Alaska.

Instead of resigning myself to October I just decided to drop out of school and ~*~follow my dreams~*~ of becoming a rap artist that also owns a bakery on the side. I'll let you know how it works out.

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am

Yesterday's nihilistic wikipedia surfing about the heat death of the universe and today's discussion of worst-case LSAT scenarios have combined to have me wikipedia surfing about possible earth extinction events. Happy Tuesday :)

benwyatt

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:32 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:32 am

Post removed.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:33 am

Post removed.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:39 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 am

basedvulpes wrote:
whacka wrote:Yesterday's nihilistic wikipedia surfing about the heat death of the universe and today's discussion of worst-case LSAT scenarios have combined to have me wikipedia surfing about possible earth extinction events. Happy Tuesday :)

Plz share what you have learned

close encounters with a rogue star could eject us from the solar system, hurling us out into cold space where we would all freeze to death. There's also this hypothesis called the Clathrate gun which says that global warming will release methane hydrate in the ice caps, which will greatly accelerate the greenhouse effect and heat the earth enough to release methane hydrate in the liquid oceans, which will heat the earth to release methane gas in the oceans, which will hear the earth enough to kill us all. It's called Clathrate's gun because once it starts happening, there's literally nothing anyone can do to stop it, like the firing of a gun. It would happen on a timescale "less than a human lifetime" from start to finish.

TexasENG

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:41 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:I have it on good authority we all got 180s so IDK what you guys are worrying about

So what is etiquette on Gray day? Do we post our scores? Do we shit on those inferior to us when we do awesome? Do we abandon TLS and pretend like it never happened if we do terrible?

I need answers!

TexasENG

Postby TexasENG » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:42 am

whacka wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
whacka wrote:Yesterday's nihilistic wikipedia surfing about the heat death of the universe and today's discussion of worst-case LSAT scenarios have combined to have me wikipedia surfing about possible earth extinction events. Happy Tuesday :)

Plz share what you have learned

close encounters with a rogue star could eject us from the solar system, hurling us out into cold space where we would all freeze to death. There's also this hypothesis called the Clathrate gun which says that global warming will release methane hydrate in the ice caps, which will greatly accelerate the greenhouse effect and heat the earth enough to release methane hydrate in the liquid oceans, which will heat the earth to release methane gas in the oceans, which will hear the earth enough to kill us all. It's called Clathrate's gun because once it starts happening, there's literally nothing anyone can do to stop it, like the firing of a gun. It would happen on a timescale "less than a human lifetime" from start to finish.

Woah you got pretty deep into this yesterday.

jumbo2016

Postby jumbo2016 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:42 am

Had a dream last night that it went grey. (Yes grey) woke up and NOPE

Op_Diom

Postby Op_Diom » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:43 am

jumbocolumbo wrote: I sway between manic optimism and morose urges to join Seamus in Alaska.

This is me. Ugh. How can each day bring such drastically different perceptions on how well the test went? I am a walking contradiction. However, I did catch some good news yesterday about the last game. Evidently, it had a very small number of questions (like an unprecedented amount), which I oddly enough didn't remember. Hmm.

cdotson2

Postby cdotson2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 am

TexasENG wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:I have it on good authority we all got 180s so IDK what you guys are worrying about

So what is etiquette on Gray day? Do we post our scores? Do we shit on those inferior to us when we do awesome? Do we abandon TLS and pretend like it never happened if we do terrible?

I need answers!

I know its unlikely that I will get a 180, but what is the proper etiquette on that? how do you not come off as an ass when you share that score?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”