The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:27 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:27 am

benwyatt wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:Can you live in Manhattan with out taking an additional $500,000 worth of debt on?


Manhattan? Sure. Cool parts of Manhattan? Nope.

For perspective on NYC rent, my significant other lives in the West Village and pays $2050/month (which is below market rate for this apartment) for a medium sized studio. I live in Bushwick (in Brooklyn) and pay $2000/month for a great 3-Bedroom apartment. A lot of people choose to live in Manhattan because it's what they see on all the TV shows and in all the movies, but if cost is important to you, it's way better to live in Brooklyn. I'm only about 30 minutes away from NYU and if I go there, I can just use that commute time to do some reading on the train.



WOW!!!! I live in a 2300 sqft home that I just built on 7 acres and I do not pay this much! That is insane!!!

P.S. I am always lurking.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 am

TexasENG wrote:Ugh. Some days I wake up and I think I got a 180 and am destined to be master of the universe. Other days I think I got a 150 and am destined to die at my current job. I can't tell if my delusions are getting better or worse as time goes on.



Hey TexasENG. I see you are from Houston. What school are you aiming to attend? Will you continue working as an engineer while you attend school? The reason I ask, is because I am also an engineer and will be attending law school part time. Hopefully in Houston.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:34 am

benwyatt wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
benwyatt wrote:I keep telling myself that scores will be out on 6/29. It's really gonna suck if I get all anticipatory and then on that day nothing happens.

I keep telling myself that they'll be out 6/29, but I also have a hard time believing that they'll be out that early. We need a poll, it will really put the pressure on LSAC to meet our expectations.


I think they'll be out that early.
The average over the last 5 years is 21 days so I can't imagine that it's suddenly going to take them 29.
Release Dates Since 2004: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... -2004-2014



I am also feeling pretty confident that they will release them the 29th. I am praying, anyway! :)

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 am

TexasENG wrote:
whacka wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Poll idea: Myers-Briggs type


INTJ
...
:(



Same here. I've done several online quizzes and have always gotten the same plus my company pays for a test with the same result. I wonder if certain MB types are more easily identifiable.

My company has new hires do a comprehensive personality test which is given to you and your manager as well as a simple "block" breakdown that you display on your desk. The idea is that it makes it easier for people to communicate with you if they have a rough idea of your personality. I.e. a "yellow / green" person is generally seen as more personable and approachable whereas a "blue" person generally wants details and a "red" person wants information fast.

Apparently they have seen value in this since the program has been going on for a number of years.



Ok, now I am positive that we work for the same company! I am PM'ing you.

User avatar
jj2hawks
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jj2hawks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:50 am

my dreams have consistently put me at 165 so my fingers are crossed that they are right

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 am

Can we change the poll topic? The number of people who voted Netflixing life away are depressing me as I read this working 50+ hours/week...

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby whacka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:07 am

I had my first score dream last night; it was a 179, but then it switched to a 169 so idk

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:09 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cdotson2
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby cdotson2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

texasaggie10 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
benwyatt wrote:I keep telling myself that scores will be out on 6/29. It's really gonna suck if I get all anticipatory and then on that day nothing happens.

I keep telling myself that they'll be out 6/29, but I also have a hard time believing that they'll be out that early. We need a poll, it will really put the pressure on LSAC to meet our expectations.


I think they'll be out that early.
The average over the last 5 years is 21 days so I can't imagine that it's suddenly going to take them 29.
Release Dates Since 2004: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... -2004-2014



I am also feeling pretty confident that they will release them the 29th. I am praying, anyway! :)

Does anyone know why the official release date is so late this year?

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby hammocklv06 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

cdotson2 wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
basedvulpes wrote:
benwyatt wrote:I keep telling myself that scores will be out on 6/29. It's really gonna suck if I get all anticipatory and then on that day nothing happens.

I keep telling myself that they'll be out 6/29, but I also have a hard time believing that they'll be out that early. We need a poll, it will really put the pressure on LSAC to meet our expectations.


I think they'll be out that early.
The average over the last 5 years is 21 days so I can't imagine that it's suddenly going to take them 29.
Release Dates Since 2004: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... -2004-2014



I am also feeling pretty confident that they will release them the 29th. I am praying, anyway! :)

Does anyone know why the official release date is so late this year?


It's not really... It was also July 7 this year. But they always release scores early anyway.

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153 ... -2004-2014

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbo2016 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
zacboro wrote:Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA lately. But honestly the four or so days that I haven't been on have been the fastest with this wait. I don't think I got my goal score because of my guessing on LG but it's okay. It really doesn't bother me I just wanna know already (that was my way of saying don't quote this and tell me it's okay because I'm fine). But really, some of you might be well off to try staying off TLS if the wait is being unbearable..


This is week is just about over and I am going to be telling my self next week is that last one. Get through next week and scores are imminent.


I keep telling myself that scores will be out on 6/29. It's really gonna suck if I get all anticipatory and then on that day nothing happens.

Yes but I think for sure they will atleast be out that week.


Hopefully.
That just means that starting Monday morning, every time our phones tells us that we have a new email we'll all collectively lose our minds.


O Monday and every following day will be hell. I think I will reload LSAC about once every 10 seconds from Monday on.


Do most people end up seeing their scores in their email first or by looking at their LSAC page?

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:39 am

jumbo2016 wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
zacboro wrote:Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA lately. But honestly the four or so days that I haven't been on have been the fastest with this wait. I don't think I got my goal score because of my guessing on LG but it's okay. It really doesn't bother me I just wanna know already (that was my way of saying don't quote this and tell me it's okay because I'm fine). But really, some of you might be well off to try staying off TLS if the wait is being unbearable..


This is week is just about over and I am going to be telling my self next week is that last one. Get through next week and scores are imminent.


I keep telling myself that scores will be out on 6/29. It's really gonna suck if I get all anticipatory and then on that day nothing happens.

Yes but I think for sure they will atleast be out that week.


Hopefully.
That just means that starting Monday morning, every time our phones tells us that we have a new email we'll all collectively lose our minds.


O Monday and every following day will be hell. I think I will reload LSAC about once every 10 seconds from Monday on.


Do most people end up seeing their scores in their email first or by looking at their LSAC page?



All of your green icons on the LSAC page will turn grey on release day. This is typically the indication people are looking for...

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:45 am

basedvulpes wrote:Stop quoting the entire thread, people, you're ruining my eyeballs



Sorry about that!

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby NL2424 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby jumbocolumbo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 am

.
Last edited by jumbocolumbo on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5913
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Post removed.

Postby benwyatt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 am

[quote="basedvulpes"]100 comments, I can embed images now, get at me motherfuckers

awesome! congrats! I need to get to posting!

lalaa85
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Threadq

Postby lalaa85 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Anyone else feeling a ton of doubt right about now? Had a dream I got a 142 last night and woke up in a panic. Help.

User avatar
texasaggie10
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:56 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Threadq

Postby texasaggie10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:01 pm

lalaa85 wrote:Anyone else feeling a ton of doubt right about now? Had a dream I got a 142 last night and woke up in a panic. Help.



I am. I am feeling less confident this go around. I am not sure if it is because I put in more effort in studying, or if I really did badly...

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby whacka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:03 pm

jumbocolumbo wrote:Good morning all. This thread is blowing up. I'm not even going to try to catch up. But I will say b/w reading the shitposts on here and Fallout Shelter, I have plenty to keep me occupied on my slow day at work today.


If you don't catch up with the other posts then you will miss some of the greatest debates of our generation




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests