The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldercoldervoice

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Postby oldercoldervoice » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:09 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
oldercoldervoice wrote:
dizzying wrote:there are girls on the internet. we just lurk.

Can confirm

There are loads of female shitposters plz join them

Will do

Just as soon as I figure out what shitposting is

(But really I've been lurking since the test trying to figure out a way to unawkwardly delurk so. Hi everyone.)

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Last edited by whacka on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basedvulpes

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Last edited by whacka on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:37 pm

whacka wrote:My social media history has made any elected office worth holding a pipe dream

this is literally everyone in our generation haha

whacka

Postby whacka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:47 pm

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Post removed.

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:23 pm

Are people actually staving off anxiety? When I took the December LSAT, I was able to receive my score without suffering bouts of anxiety. This time around, I am convincing myself that I had an abysmal performance, and then a few hours later that I did well, etc. Damn. I should pick up one of the hobbies enumerated in the survey.

Postby 0134580 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 pm

whacka wrote:My social media history has made any elected office worth holding a pipe dream

Lol so it's not just me, phew

bpolley0

Postby bpolley0 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 pm

/
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Post removed.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:57 pm

bpolley0 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:Are people actually staving off anxiety? When I took the December LSAT, I was able to receive my score without suffering bouts of anxiety. This time around, I am convincing myself that I had an abysmal performance, and then a few hours later that I did well, etc. Damn. I should pick up one of the hobbies enumerated in the survey.

Why do you think it went Abysmally? I am in the same boat and retook a 166. I don't know if I did enough to get the 170 but I am hoping I will pick up a few points; although, I agree I thought this LSAT was more difficult. Luckily, and this is the only time I will say this, I work during the day so thats kept me busy along with looking for a new place to live. Pick up a new hobby, pick up some good books. If you haven't read Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell pick that up it's 600 pages and fairly dense and is a great Econ book everyone should read.

As far as running for office I think our generation will be different. In regards to the facebook stuff, I think someone just needs to be candid and honest. If you have some goofy photos like everyone else in the world from undergrad I think the politician or person who just addresses it will be the one who is best off rather than deleting it or trying to cover it up. I mean that is life, I think people understand when you are running for an office you aren't the same person you were in college. Just as if someone made fun of you today for a picture of you squirting mayonnaise in some girls hair in first grade they aren't going to rabidly accuse of hating women and say clearly you aren't qualified to do insert aspiration that is a big aspiration relevant to you. if they do, I would certainly hope you don't take their criticism seriously.......

Unfortunately, I am not working, and that is one of the reasons why I think that I am experiencing some anxiety. I am a teacher, so I still had class during the December LSAT. Since it's summer, and I am out, I really am just at home thinking about the test haha. I may email my principal and ask if there is something that I could help with at school.

Right now I just think that I am too confident. I know there are some people who are doubting their performance on the games, and I was confident about the games. Then there are some questions on the LR on which I for sure struggled (well, 3 actually). Additionally, I spent too much time on the glass reading passage, and I had to rush through some questions. So, when I take all of that into consideration, and when I take into account that many people thought the test was standard, I give myself like a -8 curve, and give myself like a -7 on the RC, and a -3 on the LG, etc... and I just begin stressing out about it haha.

As you can see, the fact is that I am stressing myself out, and the stress and anxiety are compounded by the fact that the official release date is July 7, 2015, which is 21 days away.

Blech!

The reason that anxiety is so ineluctable for me is that I got into NYU, Berkeley, Chicago, and Cornell this year. I was also placed on the Stanford waitlist (on which I still am). So I would just hate to have to reapply with a lower score/write an addendum, etc.

bpolley0

Postby bpolley0 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

\
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpolley0

Postby bpolley0 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:05 am

\..
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:10 am

bpolley0 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
bpolley0 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:Are people actually staving off anxiety? When I took the December LSAT, I was able to receive my score without suffering bouts of anxiety. This time around, I am convincing myself that I had an abysmal performance, and then a few hours later that I did well, etc. Damn. I should pick up one of the hobbies enumerated in the survey.

Why do you think it went Abysmally? I am in the same boat and retook a 166. I don't know if I did enough to get the 170 but I am hoping I will pick up a few points; although, I agree I thought this LSAT was more difficult. Luckily, and this is the only time I will say this, I work during the day so thats kept me busy along with looking for a new place to live. Pick up a new hobby, pick up some good books. If you haven't read Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell pick that up it's 600 pages and fairly dense and is a great Econ book everyone should read.

As far as running for office I think our generation will be different. In regards to the facebook stuff, I think someone just needs to be candid and honest. If you have some goofy photos like everyone else in the world from undergrad I think the politician or person who just addresses it will be the one who is best off rather than deleting it or trying to cover it up. I mean that is life, I think people understand when you are running for an office you aren't the same person you were in college. Just as if someone made fun of you today for a picture of you squirting mayonnaise in some girls hair in first grade they aren't going to rabidly accuse of hating women and say clearly you aren't qualified to do insert aspiration that is a big aspiration relevant to you. if they do, I would certainly hope you don't take their criticism seriously.......

Unfortunately, I am not working, and that is one of the reasons why I think that I am experiencing some anxiety. I am a teacher, so I still had class during the December LSAT. Since it's summer, and I am out, I really am just at home thinking about the test haha. I may email my principal and ask if there is something that I could help with at school.

Right now I just think that I am too confident. I know there are some people who are doubting their performance on the games, and I was confident about the games. Then there are some questions on the LR on which I for sure struggled (well, 3 actually). Additionally, I spent too much time on the glass reading passage, and I had to rush through some questions. So, when I take all of that into consideration, and when I take into account that many people thought the test was standard, I give myself like a -8 curve, and give myself like a -7 on the RC, and a -3 on the LG, etc... and I just begin stressing out about it haha.

As you can see, the fact is that I am stressing myself out, and the stress and anxiety are compounded by the fact that the official release date is July 7, 2015, which is 21 days away.

Blech!

The reason that anxiety is so ineluctable for me is that I got into NYU, Berkeley, Chicago, and Cornell this year. I was also placed on the Stanford waitlist (on which I still am). So I would just hate to have to reapply with a lower score/write an addendum, etc.

Understood. I think the only thing I would write is I took it again because if I gain more points I have the possibility of gaining scholarship money, if I didn't then worst comes to worst you take my highest score as that is the only one that you have to report and I lose a little bit of time. If you are already in at those places then there is nothing to worry about unless you are borrowing some abhorrent amount of money to do it and not taking into account opportunity cost.

Yes, I was already in at those places, but I had to withdraw because I wanted a better shot at YHS. So really that's from where the anxiety stems. :p Hoping for at least a 3 pt increase.

bpolley0

Postby bpolley0 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

/
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 am

bpolley0 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
bpolley0 wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
bpolley0 wrote:

Blech!

Understood. I think the only thing I would write is I took it again because if I gain more points I have the possibility of gaining scholarship money, if I didn't then worst comes to worst you take my highest score as that is the only one that you have to report and I lose a little bit of time. If you are already in at those places then there is nothing to worry about unless you are borrowing some abhorrent amount of money to do it and not taking into account opportunity cost.

Yes, I was already in at those places, but I had to withdraw because I wanted a better shot at YHS. So really that's from where the anxiety stems. :p Hoping for at least a 3 pt increase.

You can't cancel and you can't increase your score now so no sense worrying. Best of luck :)

Haha, I know! I'm in a terrible, shaky spot without a firm foundation to stand on. So I just have to ride it out now. Thanks a lot! I hope the same for you.

daniel68

Postby daniel68 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:42 am

Last edited by daniel68 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generally

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:52 am

Post removed.

whacka

Postby whacka » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:00 am

drtamale

Post removed...

Postby drtamale » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:06 am

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

bnssweeney

Postby bnssweeney » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 am

Exactly how I feel :oops:

One minute I feel like I did ok (minus the LG) and then the next minute I'm convinced I got a 130 because I might have made stupid mistakes. I guess time will tell.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”