The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
35
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
6
4%
Retake in October
58
43%
Indefinite retake
10
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
12
9%
Change of career choice
4
3%
Other
10
7%
 
Total votes: 135

chaitealatte
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby chaitealatte » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:41 am

jumbocolumbo wrote:I keep getting a lot of "oh my gosh jumbo that's so great!" from friends and family. I'm not really sure how to take it which I think is somewhat related to the fact that I'm not sure how I feel about my score personally.



i know exactly how you feel. everyone keeps being like omg congrats that's so great! and i actually don't know how to feel about my score.

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 am

Talarose wrote:Studying starts tomorrow for me. I used TPR, which is what I think killed me for the June test.

7sage, last trainer, powerscore, Manhattan prep.
What do you guys recommend?
I'm good with LG, LR & RC are my weaknesses. Especially LR.


Especially after seeing my results on game day, I'm absolutely in love with Manhattan LR. I think it was by far the most useful prep book I used. Would recommend taking it slow though. It took me over 2 months to get all the way through, drilling each question type heavily after the chapter.

User avatar
NL2424
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby NL2424 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 am

..
Last edited by NL2424 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TexasENG
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby TexasENG » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 am

Whnlifegvsulmns wrote:
169:
LR1: -4
LG: -0
RC: -2
LR2: -5

I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't get 170 as I know that would've opened up more doors for me (which is one reason I'm frustrated at the unusual -10 curve this time). Satisfied with my LG and RC and not too upset with LR considering I expected to miss about 4 on each of those. I expected RC to be much worse. My highest PT was a 170 on a test that I had taken before, but my average/mode was around 168/169 so I can't complain too much about my score. Overall I am very happy with my improvement (up from lower-mid 160s) and probably won't take again unless I am feeling a potential bump in scholly offers or something. With my semi-decent gpa (3.4) I think I am now a shoe-in at my top choice (flagship school from the largest state in the contiguous union), with decent money and have some leverage for other schools and negotiations. Aiming for big law for money as well as the fact that I genuinely think it's something I would enjoy (staying busy). Any outside opinions are more than welcome. I know TLS TCR is more often than not "retake until 173+", but there's only so much I can do with poli-sci straight out of undergrad and I've been kinda aiming for law school since freshman year (even though I didn't know everything it entailed).


3.4x and a 169 should be no problem at UT, and any scholarship is nice since you already get that in state tuition.

User avatar
bpolley0
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby bpolley0 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:44 am

.
Last edited by bpolley0 on Sun May 22, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Talarose
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:11 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby Talarose » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:31 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:
Talarose wrote:Studying starts tomorrow for me. I used TPR, which is what I think killed me for the June test.

7sage, last trainer, powerscore, Manhattan prep.
What do you guys recommend?
I'm good with LG, LR & RC are my weaknesses. Especially LR.


Especially after seeing my results on game day, I'm absolutely in love with Manhattan LR. I think it was by far the most useful prep book I used. Would recommend taking it slow though. It took me over 2 months to get all the way through, drilling each question type heavily after the chapter.


Did you use Manhattan for other sections? Or something else? Or just for LR? I'm looking to brush up my RC as well.
And congrats to you! Sounds like you had a pleasant July 1st.

User avatar
EnderWiggin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
whacka wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:Now that all the lurkers have departed, can we review everyones results? I didn't really get a chance to celebrate with yall or anything on the account of tls not really working and me being crazy stressed/excited.

I got 173. Wanted 175. Will not be retaking.


170:

LR1: -2
LG: -1
RC: -4 :oops:
LR2: -3

originally was super upset and immediately thought I'd retake, but I'm coming more and more to peace with my score and I'm not sure what I'll do. mylsn has me at around 50% for Stanford, Harvard, and Columbia, which were my reaches, but I can't bank on that. I'm more interested in whether or not I'll be able to get scholarships at NYU and below, which will probably dictate if I need to retake


I think you should probably apply with what you have and then think about the December test for scholly purposes if it looks needed


I think this is a good plan. I would retake for more money or to get off a waitlist. But hopefully don't have to :) I am so jealous of GPAs that open up 50% at those schools with a 170. Go kill it. Also LOL at drmexicanfood. He thinks people still read his posts.


Seamus I'm in Nashville today for the Team USA soccer match tonight. Loving your city

User avatar
Whnlifegvsulmns
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:36 am

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby Whnlifegvsulmns » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:15 pm

.
Last edited by Whnlifegvsulmns on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby The Abyss » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Seamus887 wrote:
EnderWiggin wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
whacka wrote:
Seamus887 wrote:Now that all the lurkers have departed, can we review everyones results? I didn't really get a chance to celebrate with yall or anything on the account of tls not really working and me being crazy stressed/excited.

I got 173. Wanted 175. Will not be retaking.


170:

LR1: -2
LG: -1
RC: -4 :oops:
LR2: -3

originally was super upset and immediately thought I'd retake, but I'm coming more and more to peace with my score and I'm not sure what I'll do. mylsn has me at around 50% for Stanford, Harvard, and Columbia, which were my reaches, but I can't bank on that. I'm more interested in whether or not I'll be able to get scholarships at NYU and below, which will probably dictate if I need to retake


I think you should probably apply with what you have and then think about the December test for scholly purposes if it looks needed


I think this is a good plan. I would retake for more money or to get off a waitlist. But hopefully don't have to :) I am so jealous of GPAs that open up 50% at those schools with a 170. Go kill it. Also LOL at drmexicanfood. He thinks people still read his posts.


Seamus I'm in Nashville today for the Team USA soccer match tonight. Loving your city


It is the best! Hope you enjoy yourself.


Nashville is by far my favorite city in the South.

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby jetsfan1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Talarose wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:
Talarose wrote:Studying starts tomorrow for me. I used TPR, which is what I think killed me for the June test.

7sage, last trainer, powerscore, Manhattan prep.
What do you guys recommend?
I'm good with LG, LR & RC are my weaknesses. Especially LR.


Especially after seeing my results on game day, I'm absolutely in love with Manhattan LR. I think it was by far the most useful prep book I used. Would recommend taking it slow though. It took me over 2 months to get all the way through, drilling each question type heavily after the chapter.


Did you use Manhattan for other sections? Or something else? Or just for LR? I'm looking to brush up my RC as well.
And congrats to you! Sounds like you had a pleasant July 1st.


I used Powerscore for games, Manhattan as well for RC. I think both are worth it, but neither are as groundbreaking as Manhattan LR. I don't like how PS does chained conditional logic- 7sage is much much better at this. So id say it's worth a read through but after that 7sage to review every game. Manhattan RC was the best RC book I found and I would recommend it, but it's RC so the marginal reward was less. What it did was codify for me stuff I was already doing implicitly and make me think critically about my approach to RC and how I could improve it. I think the biggest thing with this test is exposing yourself to as many strategies as possible and then figuring out what works for you. The first three months of my studying I think I took maybe 2 PTs (prepped 5 months total) It was all drilling, reading books, experimenting with strategies, discovering weaknesses, and just getting intimate with the test. Last note: I would go through Manhattan LR (and the other books) very slowly. It took me 2+ months to go through it because after every chapter I woul drill tht question type heavily with the Cambridge packets until I felt I was confident in my approach and ready to move on.

User avatar
dizzydg
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby dizzydg » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Does anyone know the number of test takers there were this June? mostly just want to know if it went up or down--not sure if that was released yet. Thanks!

User avatar
sox49
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby sox49 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:41 pm

dizzydg wrote:Does anyone know the number of test takers there were this June? mostly just want to know if it went up or down--not sure if that was released yet. Thanks!


i was wondering the same thing. those figures came out on july 10th last year, so sometime in the next two weeks im guessing

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shump92
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby shump92 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:13 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
jumbocolumbo wrote:I keep getting a lot of "oh my gosh jumbo that's so great!" from friends and family. I'm not really sure how to take it which I think is somewhat related to the fact that I'm not sure how I feel about my score personally.


+174

I was really hoping for 177-180. Everyone in my life thinks I'm crazy for considering taking it again in December or February.


Depends on how much you think an AMAZING score versus and amazing score would help you. I remember you were a splitter so maybe it would. If you are still debating I would apply for half of the schools you are interested in early and if any of them are rolling maybe you have news by the holidays. Taking in February would still count for this cycle if you really want to retake. Sounds like you could do better but I have no idea if the difference would really matter.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:06 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 am

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 am

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Generally
Posts: 2660
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

Post removed.

Postby Generally » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:11 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:25 am

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whacka
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Post removed.

Postby whacka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
basedvulpes
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Post removed.

Postby basedvulpes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3067
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1)

Postby BirdLawExpert » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:37 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackmamba8 and 12 guests