The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

deant286

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Post by deant286 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Seamus887 wrote:
zacboro wrote:
amd3_3 wrote:
zacboro wrote:I think it's funny that it seems people either think the last game was easy and straightforward or extremely difficult ... I think the RC was a little on the harder side and with that rare game I really think we'll have a generous curve.
Which was the rare game?
The last one about magazine slots and features.
Honestly thought that one was really straight forward, I actually didn't diagram anything and did most in my head. But that is making me think maybe I totally screwed it up since everyone is on about how hard it was..
This is exactly how I feel. I felt more confident about both of the LG sections I had than I have about a full LG section in a couple PTs, but now that I read that so many people had trouble I feel like I must have missed something and am just oblivious to the fact that I screwed it up.

lalaa85

New

Post by lalaa85 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:36 pm

I was LG LR LG RC LR
I thought that the logic games were pretty easy. LG is usually my best section. I had some trouble finishing the RC section, but it's usually my hardest section. LR i thought wasn't too bad, there weren't too many problems that I wasn't confident about. Did anyone else have some trouble with RC?

Merp

New

Post by Merp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:38 pm

I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

I though the third LR (the fourth section) was the hardest. Does anyone remember having a question about salt and gourmet cooks? This was in the third LR section and I hope this is expirimental!

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm

I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. All LR's were 25 questions.

Last five PT's: 179,176,180,177,178. Average 178.

Praying for a 178. I thought the RC was brutal. LRs were not easy but not terrible. Two questions stood out as hard. One question took up an entire column.

Doubt LG will affect the curve. The games were all logically average, maybe some people found them hard because of the rarity but LSAC tends not to gift us because something is unusual.

Predicting: RC: -3 LR1: -1, LR2: -1, AR: -0
Overall: 177

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Merp wrote:I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

I though the third LR (the fourth section) was the hardest. Does anyone remember having a question about salt and gourmet cooks? This was in the third LR section and I hope this is expirimental!
No memory of that one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 pm

lalaa85 wrote:I was LG LR LG RC LR
I thought that the logic games were pretty easy. LG is usually my best section. I had some trouble finishing the RC section, but it's usually my hardest section. LR i thought wasn't too bad, there weren't too many problems that I wasn't confident about. Did anyone else have some trouble with RC?
You're echoing my sentiment precisely.

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:45 pm

ChillTomG wrote:One question took up an entire column.
I remember this one. Actually just marked it and came back to it when I finished the rest of the section so I wouldn't inadvertently spend far too much time on it.

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Tycho wrote:
I remember this one. Actually just marked it and came back to it when I finished the rest of the section so I wouldn't inadvertently spend far too much time on it.
I guess we can't talk about the question type but I am going to look back and see if that has ever happened before.

Blueprint Sam

New

Post by Blueprint Sam » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Tycho wrote:
Hey all! Just want to iterate that this is a great strategy. Obviously you've already taken the exam, and fingers crossed nobody in this forum has to take it again, but nonetheless wanted to point out that each question is worth the exact same in terms of the scale.

If you are strapped for time it might make sense to skip the verbose question and get to two shorter questions. Of course, it's not always true that the shorter questions will take less time to answer because they may be more difficult than the longer prompt, but the risk-reward ratio seems to be in your favor in a time crunch to denote the longer prompts and get back to them later!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NL2424

Silver

Post by NL2424 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NL2424

Silver

Post by NL2424 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Last edited by NL2424 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:53 pm

appind wrote:Can you guys post your own last 5 pt average and prediction, and later your actual score breakdown when it comes out.

If needed i can volunteer to compile this data -- it can be really useful for us Oct takers in deciding close to Oct about our expectations and test day drop.
I was retaking a 172 from Feb. I was PTing 172-178 before that test.
PTing 175-179 the weeks before this test. I'm pretty consistent on LR, and this test was no different, but I was a little slow on Reading - had to rush on last few questions - and definitely missed at least one on LG because of time. Guessing -2 on LR, -2 on RC, -2 on LG, Overall 174-176.
Last edited by cbbinnyc on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rjik

New

Post by Rjik » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:53 pm

ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
Do you remember anything about a mentor in one of the LR sections?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TexasENG

Silver

Post by TexasENG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Last edited by TexasENG on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Generally

Gold

Post removed.

Post by Generally » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
No, but if you could be more specific that might trigger a memory!! Also I had an experimental LR section so there is a chance we overlapped.

echoplasm

New

Post by echoplasm » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:58 pm

To the user who said the experimental LG was hard and the real LG was easy... are you sure you didn't get those mixed up?

I'm so upset with LG too. I usually get 0-2 wrong MAX on those, but this time, I probably got -10. Didn't understand the last game's rules.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rjik

New

Post by Rjik » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:00 pm

ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
No, but if you could be more specific that might trigger a memory!! Also I had an experimental LR section so there is a chance we overlapped.
Is was something like some critics were saying a writer was not as good as his mentor and give two reasons why... Does that ring a bell? For anyone that didn't have LR as a experimental?

Op_Diom

New

Post by Op_Diom » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:01 pm

I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. In my opinion, the LR's were run of the mill, and felt really clear and crisp for some reason. The RC wasn't too bad either, besides the last glass passage, which was a little tricky. However, LG was a challenging mess of a section primarily as a result of the final game, and a mistake made during the first. Just about lost my cool with that one, but kept chugging along with that cancellation in the back of my mind and in the end, felt pretty good about it all in all. Unfortunately though an educated guess was necessary for the very last one, and one LG question was skipped, which I cannot for the life of me remember if it got picked up at the end or not. Oh well. Could be worse. After all, I think I heard someone in the corner begin to softly weep halfway through the first section.

The third LR appeared to be the experimental, but that could be totally wrong. It just felt that way to me. Either way, all sections, except LG, were finished with two to five minutes to spare, which is odd. Did anyone else have that lock-down hyper focus experience when you sat down, opened the booklet and looked at the argument? It wasn't like anxious adrenaline pumping, but more so like a tractor beam connected from the paper to the forehead. Hopefully, that is a sufficient cause for 170+.

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
Is was something like some critics were saying a writer was not as good as his mentor and give two reasons why... Does that ring a bell? For anyone that didn't have LR as a experimental?
Wow, I definitely had that one. Not sure if experimental but I remember it.

ChillTomG

New

Post by ChillTomG » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:03 pm

Op_Diom wrote:I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG. In my opinion, the LR's were run of the mill, and felt really clear and crisp for some reason. The RC wasn't too bad either, besides the last glass passage, which was a little tricky. However, LG was a challenging mess of a section primarily as a result of the final game, and a mistake made during the first. Just about lost my cool with that one, but kept chugging along with that cancellation in the back of my mind and in the end, felt pretty good about it all in all. Unfortunately though an educated guess was necessary for the very last one, and one LG question was skipped, which I cannot for the life of me remember if it got picked up at the end or not. Oh well. Could be worse. After all, I think I heard someone in the corner begin to softly weep halfway through the first section.

The third LR appeared to be the experimental, but that could be totally wrong. It just felt that way to me. Either way, all sections, except LG, were finished with two to five minutes to spare, which is odd. Did anyone else have that lock-down hyper focus experience when you sat down, opened the booklet and looked at the argument? It wasn't like anxious adrenaline pumping, but more so like a tractor beam connected from the paper to the forehead. Hopefully, that is a sufficient cause for 170+.
I had an exact opposite experience. I felt flustered during the first four sections (same lineup as you). I wasn't anxious, but I felt sluggish.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Merp

New

Post by Merp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 pm

ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
You remember the salt one or the mentors one? And u had three LR?

whacka

Gold

Post by whacka » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Last edited by whacka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merp

New

Post by Merp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Merp wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.

Sorry read that wrong, I don't remember that mentor one either and had three LRs.

Rjik

New

Post by Rjik » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Merp wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:
Rjik wrote:
ChillTomG wrote:

No memory of that one.
I had three LRs but... Salt one??? I don't remember that one?? Sorry, probably isn't very helpful..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”