The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

AbbeyS

Silver

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Post by AbbeyS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:36 pm

whacka wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:
jumbo2016 wrote:
whacka wrote:
it was one of the most recent ones when I searched "lsat" on twitter
Glad I'm not the only one desperately hoping there will be some twitter buzz about the release
When I searched LSAT my own page popped up like halfway down haha no one is saying anything useful about it
in that case I accidentally stumbled upon your twitter
Probably not

kangaroo430

New

Post by kangaroo430 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:37 pm

benwyatt wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:True or False:

The reason we all think scores are coming out today is because we want them to come out today--not because we honestly think they are coming out today.
False. I think they'll be out today.
Plus, I think that since it's a Monday, it would not be at all unusual for the release to come late in the day.
What is the latest score release time in the day according to history? Like 9pm?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:38 pm

benwyatt wrote:

The reason we all think scores are coming out today is because we want them to come out today--not because we honestly think they are coming out today.
Plus, I think that since it's a Monday, it would not be at all unusual for the release to come late in the day.
I agree that they could come out today--even later in the day. However, I find it a little unlikely that scores will be released 9 days before the scheduled release date. In modern LSAT history, June LSAT scores haven't come out even close to that early.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Generally

Gold

Post removed.

Post by Generally » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by Generally on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

I agree that they could come out today--even later in the day. However, I find it a little unlikely that scores will be released 9 days before the scheduled release date. In modern LSAT history, June LSAT scores haven't come out even close to that early.
friend we have already had the "do we think the days before projected or days after administration is more accurate" debate and we decided days after administration
On what grounds??

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

placeholder

Bronze

Post by placeholder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:41 pm

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

heres a copy past for the reasoning: The idea has been floating around ITT that the expected wait is longer due to the placement of the weekend. They're closed on Friday, meaning they couldn't have made the expected release date the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Forced to make the decision between before the weekend and after the weekend, I think they put the expected day after the weekend to err on the side of caution. Releasing a score after the expected date is a big embarrassment for them, so they want to avoid it at all costs by pushing back the date. Usually they only do this by a few days, but the weekend forced them to push it back a lot more days

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Seamus887 wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

In modern history have they come out much longer than 21 days after the test?
But that's my point. We have two equally valid yet competing bases for making a conclusion. Because of this, you can't really make a conclusion.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Post removed.

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:42 pm

People who haven't been with us for the entire thread that make us repeat past neurotic analyses :roll:

whacka

Gold

Post removed.

Post by whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:43 pm

placeholder wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

heres a copy past for the reasoning: The idea has been floating around ITT that the expected wait is longer due to the placement of the weekend. They're closed on Friday, meaning they couldn't have made the expected release date the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Forced to make the decision between before the weekend and after the weekend, I think they put the expected day after the weekend to err on the side of caution. Releasing a score after the expected date is a big embarrassment for them, so they want to avoid it at all costs by pushing back the date. Usually they only do this by a few days, but the weekend forced them to push it back a lot more days
Makes sense. but why the 7th....and not the 6th?

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:43 pm

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
placeholder wrote:
GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

Makes sense. but why the 7th....and not the 6th?
I posted this on reddit earlier today

cub1014

Bronze

Post by cub1014 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
benwyatt wrote:

except we are 8 and not 9 days away! Odds that much more likely combined with the 21 day historical trend

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Post removed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Post removed.

whacka

Gold

Post removed.

Post by whacka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by whacka on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

placeholder

Bronze

Post by placeholder » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:45 pm

benwyatt wrote:Does anyone on this forum know what the LSAT score range is?
the tension has gotten to him. his sarcasm is now beyond levels

texasaggie10

Bronze

Post by texasaggie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 pm

I don't understand why LSAC says the scores will be released 3 weeks after the test. Today would be 3 weeks. The release date is 4....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GiveMeGrayIcons

Bronze

Post by GiveMeGrayIcons » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 pm

whacka wrote:oh to add to the above explanation, the reason oldercoldervoices (our resident statistics expert) felt like holidays are important in pushing back dates is because the december administration always has a really late release date that doesn't correspond with its actual release date because of winter break
That doesn't answer my question of...why the 7th and not the 6th?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

AbbeyS

Silver

Post by AbbeyS » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Today feels a lot like how I would imagine the Who's to have felt when they woke up excited for Christmas and found out it was all gone

texasaggie10

Bronze

Post by texasaggie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 pm

GiveMeGrayIcons wrote:
whacka wrote:oh to add to the above explanation, the reason oldercoldervoices (our resident statistics expert) felt like holidays are important in pushing back dates is because the december administration always has a really late release date that doesn't correspond with its actual release date because of winter break
That doesn't answer my question of...why the 7th and not the 6th?

I don't think they would want the release to be on the Monday following a holiday. It gives them that Monday to catch up if need be.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”