The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread (GREY DEY 7/1) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What now?

See you in a "personal statements" thread
26%
Applying this cycle, but done with TLS
4%
Retake in October
43%
Indefinite retake
7%
I'm gonna make a "should I retake?" thread
9%
Change of career choice
3%
Other
7%

Total votes: 135

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Re: The Official June 2015 Waiter's Thread

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 am

yellowyak46 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
yellowyak46 wrote:
First, there is an absolutely cavernous middle ground you're overlooking.

No there isn't.
BIG-Sucks, this is why lurkers hate you.
They have all these dreams and you ruin them.
All this cynicism is depressing. I'll take my career advice from lawyers I know who are currently doing things I want to do over people who haven't gone to law school yet any day. Thanks for the vote of confidence, and please carry on with your plans.

I'm always optimistic if that helps!

yellowyak46

New

Post by yellowyak46 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Such middle ground
Exactly. There's a middle ground of about 100k that you're overlooking. If you look closely, you'll see that the blue line does not, in fact, touch zero between 60 and 160k.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:11 am

basedvulpes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote: International law exists!
I'd like to practice Galactic Law, does anyone know any legal aid firms in South Dakota that do that? I want to send them my resume now so I can get on their radar.
http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.14697889 ... ack.u4.jpg

Reaction Image

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 am

Aww mayne, did everybody bail?

I guess I'll go netflix binge on Agents of Shield, and then Daredevil.

I have a lot to catch up on now that the test is over.

I was really hoping to hit 100 today though :C

JackelJ

Silver

Post by JackelJ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:19 am

yellowyak46 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Such middle ground
Exactly. There's a middle ground of about 100k that you're overlooking. If you look closely, you'll see that the blue line does not, in fact, touch zero between 60 and 160k.
Of course that middle ground is just as representative as the two giant peaks at 60k and 160k. It's very likely that you can end up in that "middle ground" :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yellowyak46

New

Post by yellowyak46 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 am

JackelJ wrote:
yellowyak46 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Such middle ground
Of course that middle ground is just as representative as the two giant peaks at 60k and 160k. It's very likely that you can end up in that "middle ground" :roll:
Well if we were to take the integral of the graph between 60 and 160k, it looks like about 30% of the salaries reported are in that range. Glad to know that you have it all figured out, though.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 am

All this talk almost made me completely stop thinking about what my LSAT score will be and when they will officially release them.

It sure is a good thing nobody's mentioned this otherwise we might have started anxious mental pacing again.

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 am

We are all clearly an optimistic bunch... lol

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 am

Oskosh wrote:We are all clearly an optimistic bunch... lol
I'm hoping and praying and dreaming of my highest PT score of a 179. If I get a 177 or higher I'll party so freaking hard my liver will be irreparably damaged and I might get arrested for light treason.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

placeholder

Bronze

Post by placeholder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 am

Hey, been on this sire for advice ,but now that the test is over, I'm here waiting and get my shitposting on. well at least until i find a new show to binge.

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:59 am

ruizdaw wrote:
I'm hoping and praying and dreaming of my highest PT score of a 179. If I get a 177 or higher I'll party so freaking hard my liver will be irreparably damaged and I might get arrested for light treason.
Damn, how did you manage that? My highest PT score was a 177. Based on how I feel, I'd be content to get in the 170s.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 am

Oskosh wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
Damn, how did you manage that? My highest PT score was a 177. Based on how I feel, I'd be content to get in the 170s.

I maxed out games went -1 in LR and -3 in RC

I diagnostic'd at a 154 in Sept,
prepped on my own and got a 167 in February.
Wasn't happy since I had a 3.5 GPA and want to go to a top 6
Then took a Powerscore course to structure myself and relearn the fundamentals and get more material.
Averaged a 174 on PTs.

I did about 20 timed practice tests total and every single logic game ever printed.

I'm still super nervous about my score though because RC kept flucuating between -2 and -5. And LR between -4 and -1.
Games are almost always perfect but I can miss 1 when I'm hasty which I'm scared might have happened on game day.

The more I think about how much work I put in the less nervous I feel.

cdotson2

Silver

Post by cdotson2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:16 am

ruizdaw wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:

Then took a Powerscore course to structure myself and relearn the fundamentals and get more material.
Averaged a 174 on PTs.

I did about 20 timed practice tests total and every single logic game ever printed.

I'm still super nervous about my score though because RC kept flucuating between -2 and -5. And LR between -4 and -1.
Games are almost always perfect but I can miss 1 when I'm hasty which I'm scared might have happened on game day.

It is stories like this that make me wish I had preped more.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:17 am

placeholder wrote:Hey, been on this sire for advice ,but now that the test is over, I'm here waiting and get my shitposting on. well at least until i find a new show to binge.

Watch "the 100" it's really good and the first season is on netflix.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 am

cdotson2 wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:

Averaged a 174 on PTs.

It is stories like this that make me wish I had preped more.

I think we'll always wish we had prepped more.
I really really really don't want to have to prep again. I'm pretty sure I got my average or higher, I felt pretty good but I just won't know until grey day.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:25 am

Oh wait watch "Suits" for big law
"House of Cards" for political career, or "how to get away with murder" for criminal.

And if you don't know what kinda law you want to practice watch all three and pick one!

ryangreenspan

New

Post by ryangreenspan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 am

yellowyak46 wrote:
JackelJ wrote:
yellowyak46 wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Such middle ground
Well if we were to take the integral of the graph between 60 and 160k, it looks like about 30% of the salaries reported are in that range. Glad to know that you have it all figured out, though.
First off, you take integrals of functions, not of graphs. Second, there are a bunch of discrete functions between 60 and 160k, none of which we know. Third, even if we were to add up the integrals of all those functions, it would just give us a number. That number's meaningless unless we know the summation of all the integrals of all the functions in the graph.

You meant to suggest that we eyeball the area under the graph between 60 and 160k. And then compare it to the total area under the entire graph. Glad to know you're so much better at calculus than other people, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cdotson2

Silver

Post by cdotson2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 am

ruizdaw wrote:Oh wait watch "Suits" for big law
"House of Cards" for political career, or "how to get away with murder" for criminal.

And if you don't know what kinda law you want to practice watch all three and pick one!
I have heard that how to get away with murder is very inaccurate, a practicing ADA said she laughed through the entire show because it was so terrible.
Last edited by cdotson2 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 am

cdotson2 wrote:

I have heard that how to get away with murder is very inaccurate show, a practicing ADA said she laughed the entire she watched it because it was so terrible.
In that case watch the new Daredevil. He's a lawyer.

Also you can decide to become a vigilante if lawyering falls through.

oldercoldervoice

Bronze

Post by oldercoldervoice » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 am

I got bored and threw some statistics at basedvulpes' score release date question

First of all I had to manipulate the data because some clown put July 2nd, 2014 as the release date and, because I assume said clown doesn't really think the scores will arrive via time travel, I went ahead and changed that data point to reflect the year that it actually currently is.

Average answer was the 30th at 2:11 pm with a standard deviation of just under two days and a margin of error of 7/10ths of a day. What this really means is that ~65% of shitpoasters think the release date will be within two days of the 30th and we can say with 95% confidence that the average shitpoaster believes the score will come out sometime between late in the night of the 29th and early in the morning of the 1st.

HOWEVER, that's super fucking boring, so I am instead choosing to purposely misinterpret my data and state here with 95% confidence that scores are coming out sometime on the 30th. Take heed LSAC, the omniscient shitpoasters have spoken.

cdotson2

Silver

Post by cdotson2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:40 am

ruizdaw wrote:
cdotson2 wrote:

I have heard that how to get away with murder is very inaccurate show, a practicing ADA said she laughed the entire she watched it because it was so terrible.
In that case watch the new Daredevil. He's a lawyer.

Also you can decide to become a vigilante if lawyering falls through.
Is daredevil good? I've heard its good but I haven't checked it out yet.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 am

I'm like 7 pages late but I took that political quiz cuz it looked interesting.

Looks like I'll be voting for Rubio in the primaries.

Rubio: 93%
Santorum: 88%
Walker: 83%
Cruz: 83%
Bush: 83%

Oskosh

Silver

Post by Oskosh » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:45 am

ruizdaw wrote:
Oskosh wrote:
ruizdaw wrote:

Averaged a 174 on PTs.

What's your GPA? You'd be surprised what a 167 can get you. I got a 165 w/ a 3.79, and got into NYU and Chicago.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 am

Can we get stats a graph and figures on the actual release dates instead? No offense.

Li'l Sebastian

Gold

Post by Li'l Sebastian » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 am

3.5~ 3.54

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”