anyone use Nexus Lsat

appind

anyone use Nexus Lsat

Postby appind » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:31 pm

http://nexuslsat.com/
I was looking for feedback regarding their approach, weekly sessions, and online correspondence with the tutor Thomas Hall. if you have used it, please post or pm.

Indifference

Re: anyone use Nexus Lsat

Postby Indifference » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Hey there.

I used nexus for my LSAT prep, and I couldn't speak higher of their service. I went from a 163 diagnostic to a 177 on my final take, and am headed to HLS in the fall.

In terms of their approach, they stress a flexible approach that meets you needs, and tackles your strengths and weaknesses. They provide you with a multitude of test prep materials written to be engaging and at times downright funny/entertaining.

Everything centers on a a cycle of drilling best practices, understanding stems, and then applying strategies to specific q types. You'll then move on, but the earlier questions and strategies are cycled back in at set intervals so you are reusing older skills while learning new ones. The drilling texhnique allows you to become very much automatic when test day comes around.

Thomas is an excellent tutor. Correspondence is done through email, and doc sharing is done through Dropbox. This includes the weekly schedule you are given (formed to meet your schedule, with daily work, estimsted work time, and spaces to put down how you sie, whqt you thought as you were going through your work, and additional measures of you comfort level with specir skills. Thomas answers promptly and comprehensively, to everything from test questions, to helping you through a mid prep mental slump or hit to your confidence. He worked as much as a cheerleader and counselor as he did a tutor, and I have remained in touch even after my scores and apps have come back, and plan to remain in touch throughout LS.

That's just a rough overview, if you have any qs feel free to respond here or PM.

appind

Postby appind » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:31 pm

A couple of questions for you. thanks

- package that you took
- length and nature (one-on-one etc) of the weekly phone chat mentioned in their packages
- are their drills fresh material or actual lsat qs, if mix what proportion
- how long/frequently one can email or talk during weekly phone chats to discuss qs; the length of their LR package is mentioned 1 month
- if one doesn't improve in a month or stipulated time of the course, does one have to repurchase or they continue with weekly chat
- did they predict accurately your score before you retook
- if score didn't improve for retake does one pay again

mujiali wrote:Hey there.
I used nexus for my LSAT prep, and I couldn't speak higher of their service. I went from a 163 diagnostic to a 177 on my final take, and am headed to HLS in the fall.

In terms of their approach, they stress a flexible approach that meets you needs, and tackles your strengths and weaknesses. They provide you with a multitude of test prep materials written to be engaging and at times downright funny/entertaining.

Everything centers on a a cycle of drilling best practices, understanding stems, and then applying strategies to specific q types. You'll then move on, but the earlier questions and strategies are cycled back in at set intervals so you are reusing older skills while learning new ones. The drilling texhnique allows you to become very much automatic when test day comes around.

Thomas is an excellent tutor. Correspondence is done through email, and doc sharing is done through Dropbox. This includes the weekly schedule you are given (formed to meet your schedule, with daily work, estimsted work time, and spaces to put down how you sie, whqt you thought as you were going through your work, and additional measures of you comfort level with specir skills. Thomas answers promptly and comprehensively, to everything from test questions, to helping you through a mid prep mental slump or hit to your confidence. He worked as much as a cheerleader and counselor as he did a tutor, and I have remained in touch even after my scores and apps have come back, and plan to remain in touch throughout LS.

That's just a rough overview, if you have any qs feel free to respond here or PM.

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:04 pm

I'm going to be leas helpful when it comes to these Q's as I took the course when they were transitioning from one business model to another, so I was effectively grandfathered in under the old price point/package.

I will answer as well as my experience can be a guide. For anything else, I would strongly recommend you shoot them an email, they can clarify anything I might be wrong about.

1: phone calls: weren't a part of what I did, but I emailed constantly and often times more than twice a day.

2: materials: a combination of fresh stuff and questions pulled from tests. In terms of how it worked, stuff from older tests were used more for drills to leave more recent stuff for full test prep. Can't honestly give a percent breakdown.

3: I emailed as much as I wanted and as frequently as I wanted. When I fell behind/forgot an email, Thomas emailed me to follow up.

4: My course came with a certain point increase guarantee, and if I didn't meet that on test day I would get either money back or (as happened) Thomas stayed on to keep prepping with me till I hit the score I was guaranteed.

5: I wouldn't say there was a a prediction of my score, more a discussion of where I wanted to get, and what it would take to get there.

Again, I would say for the most up to date info I would contact nexus in an email. I'm sure they'll be quick to get back.

appind wrote:A couple of questions for you. thanks

- package that you took
- length and nature (one-on-one etc) of the weekly phone chat mentioned in their packages
- are their drills fresh material or actual lsat qs, if mix what proportion
- how long/frequently one can email or talk during weekly phone chats to discuss qs; the length of their LR package is mentioned 1 month
- if one doesn't improve in a month or stipulated time of the course, does one have to repurchase or they continue with weekly chat
- did they predict accurately your score before you retook
- if score didn't improve for retake does one pay again

mujiali wrote:Hey there.

appind

Postby appind » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:34 pm

mujiali wrote:I'm going to be leas helpful when it comes to these Q's as I took the course when they were transitioning from one business model to another, so I was effectively grandfathered in under the old price point/package.

I will answer as well as my experience can be a guide. For anything else, I would strongly recommend you shoot them an email, they can clarify anything I might be wrong about.

1: phone calls: weren't a part of what I did, but I emailed constantly and often times more than twice a day.

2: materials: a combination of fresh stuff and questions pulled from tests. In terms of how it worked, stuff from older tests were used more for drills to leave more recent stuff for full test prep. Can't honestly give a percent breakdown.

3: I emailed as much as I wanted and as frequently as I wanted. When I fell behind/forgot an email, Thomas emailed me to follow up.

4: My course came with a certain point increase guarantee, and if I didn't meet that on test day I would get either money back or (as happened) Thomas stayed on to keep prepping with me till I hit the score I was guaranteed.

5: I wouldn't say there was a a prediction of my score, more a discussion of where I wanted to get, and what it would take to get there.

Again, I would say for the most up to date info I would contact nexus in an email. I'm sure they'll be quick to get back.

tag

how did you first hear about them considering they don't seem to be well known?

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:23 pm

A family friend had used them to prep for the LSAT. As we are very similar, and it worked well for the friend, I figured the learning style would work for me too. That is, neither of us wanted an in class thing, but wanted a structured approach that was personalized. I got that through nexus.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”