What practice test should I go back to?

dontrogerthat

What practice test should I go back to?

Postby dontrogerthat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 pm

I want to take PT to prepare for the LSAT like most people. What test would you suggest I start with? I don't want to go back too far as the test has seemed to changed a bit over the years. Would 41 be good?

leslieknope

Re: What practice test should I go back to?

Postby leslieknope » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:37 pm

People really overrate the extent to which the test has changed, imo. It's a bit different (the types of games you see on the LSAT vary less now, and there are new types of questions in LR and passages in RC), but not so much to the extent that older LSATs have no value. You should use the older tests to drill. Use the Cambridge packets if they're still available, but if not, there are lists that break down every question by type on LSAT blog and other places. You should use those to drill by type, then by section occasionally, once you master skills, to figure out what type of questions are your weakest. Use the newer LSATs (41 and on would be good, probably) to do full timed practice tests simulating test conditions. There's lots of resources on the forums on how to do this. Use them. Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”