Should I cancel out of this Monday's June 2015 LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Re: Should I cancel out of this Monday's June 2015 LSAT?

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Seamus887 wrote: If you are scoring in a range and your goal is higher than that range, you have about a .005 chance of getting your target.

So let me
The data show the chance is actually about .0467%

PodPeople

New

Post by PodPeople » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:22 pm

"Or, just as easily, you could be a crazy reverse splitter and have all the right skills and focus at your disposal to poop out awesome papers in undergrad and get awesome grades and end up with a 4.0, and just crumble under the timed pressure of the LSAT and get continually stuck in the low 160s."

That's me right there. I spend an extraordinary amount of time on coursework: I read every single word of every single journal article on the syllabus, I make flashcards for everything, even very small exams, I am in the library on many Friday and Saturday nights - and mornings. My thing is that I read slowly, deliberately. I can answer all of the questions correctly, just not in the 35 minutes given. The slow reading has helped me in my coursework, I have received many compliments from professors on the quality and depth of my papers. But on the LSAT it is killing my score.

TheodoreKGB

Bronze

Post by TheodoreKGB » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capnobvious123

New

Post by capnobvious123 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:24 pm

PodPeople wrote:"Or, just as easily, you could be a crazy reverse splitter and have all the right skills and focus at your disposal to poop out awesome papers in undergrad and get awesome grades and end up with a 4.0, and just crumble under the timed pressure of the LSAT and get continually stuck in the low 160s."

That's me right there. I spend an extraordinary amount of time on coursework: I read every single word of every single journal article on the syllabus, I make flashcards for everything, even very small exams, I am in the library on many Friday and Saturday nights - and mornings. My thing is that I read slowly, deliberately. I can answer all of the questions correctly, just not in the 35 minutes given. The slow reading has helped me in my coursework, I have received many compliments from professors on the quality and depth of my papers. But on the LSAT it is killing my score.
And you know what PodPeople, screw it, your superiors when you're practicing law will probably love how detail oriented and thorough you are, as long as you're finishing your assignments on time. So props to you, do your thing, you'll do great.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”