What are the best study materials?

Utterson

What are the best study materials?

Postby Utterson » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:34 am

What are the must haves for LSAT Prep?
So far I have the Powerscore Bibles. What else would you guys recommend?

LawsRUs

Re: What are the best study materials?

Postby LawsRUs » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:45 pm

The Trainer, Manhattan, and Cambridge packets

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Bibles + Cambridge packets

I also used the Manhattan books which were okay. I've heard great things about 7sage's videos but I never used them.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 pm

mornincounselor wrote:4. Manhattan Forums

These are absolutely golden if you don't know the answer or need an explanation to something.

Danimals18

Postby Danimals18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Last edited by Danimals18 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 am

Danimals18 wrote:Can those of you who used a variety of sources describe what your studying plan of attack was? And how the different books worked together (or didn't)?

Yes. I probably used almost all books in the market. (I didn't take a course; I self-studied.)

I started out with the LR and LG Bibles, which do a good job on breaking down concepts and telling you what to expect. (But I definitely wish I had known about and started with the Trainer and the Manhattan set. Imo the two work really well together if you do them back to back or in conjuction. I only found out about the Trainer because my average scores hit a plateau, and needed something to get a few more points.)

Make sure you spend the $ to buy the Cambridge packets so you can drill by question type. If you get a LG question wrong, refer to 7sage. If you get an LR question wrong, use the Manhattan forums. To get addition help on RC, I used Examkracker, which I thought was okay. (If I had went through Examkrackers after I had done the Trainer amd Manhattan RC, I probably would have thought it was a waste of my time though.)

My recommendation is using PTs 41+ for timed practice. Take these with a "proctor"--there is a DVD that you can buy on Amazon or a YouTube video that you can play. Do the Blind Review method, and keep drilling. Print multiple copies of the same exam.

About a month or two before the test date, I tried Kaplan 180 and Ace the LSAT Logic Games. I wouldn't say they are the best materials out there, but I only recommend them if you feel like you will run out of materials and need additional practice. There are other books that I used, but I can't remember their book titles. (They were pretty bad.)

Good luck

eta: I went through Cambridge 3-4 times, and Ace the LGs twice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”