Abu Dhabi test center

abhanto

Abu Dhabi test center

Postby abhanto » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:11 am

I'm going to be prepping for the LSAT in the U.S, however, I signed up to take the October LSAT in Abu Dhabi given that i'd be in that region during that time.

The format and questions would still be the same of that in the U.S, correct? I don't want to be prepping with American tutors and end up being blindsided in Abu Dhabi.

msp8

Re: Abu Dhabi test center

Postby msp8 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 am

Of course not. You'd be taking the test in Arabic.

But yeah, the test is the same format, just not disclosed. And it won't be the same test (in terms of questions) as the one administered in the US.

Good luck!

ymon

Postby ymon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:44 am

Hey! I'll be taking the test in Abu Dhabi this October too!

The format and questions will be the same. Essentially the same test, just with different questions than the one administered in the US.

When will you be in the region (I'm in Dubai)? Since there aren't many people here studying for the LSAT, we should have some study sessions/take some PTs together. PM me :D

Babum

Postby Babum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:56 am

While the test is in the same format, I felt that my test (which I took outside the US) was either more difficult or somewhat different than the US ones.

mpearl

Postby mpearl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Does anybody know exactly where the test location is in Abu Dhabi for October? LSAC doesn't have much information on the location.

elegy56

Postby elegy56 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm

mpearl wrote:Does anybody know exactly where the test location is in Abu Dhabi for October? LSAC doesn't have much information on the location.

Did you happen to find out where the testing center is. I'm an American working in the middle east and am trying to avoid flying back to the states to take the lsat in December, but I cannot find info on "Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Testing Center" anywhere.

fredfred

Postby fredfred » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Babum wrote:While the test is in the same format, I felt that my test (which I took outside the US) was either more difficult or somewhat different than the US ones.

Same.

dfmm

Postby dfmm » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:31 pm

I took mine in Amman, Jordan, and it was a different test from the US version. Probably not a question of harder or easier, given the curve, but the content was definitely different.

The testing center itself (AMIDEAST) was awesome, though, in case anyone is thinking about taking the LSAT in Jordan.

venusinfurs16

Postby venusinfurs16 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:12 pm

I might be taking the exam here in December, just curious if anybody else has any experience with the center or with testing outside of the U.S. in general (I have searched through a few threads along these lines). I definitely don't want to add any stress to test day, but right now I'm looking at either taking it there or flying back to the states shortly before, and trying to decide which is preferable. Thanks in advance for any additional insights!

abhanto

Postby abhanto » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:16 pm

The test was completely different to that of the US. Also, its non disclosed. But the testing center was quiet and intimate. I couldn't have asked for a better location.

venusinfurs16

Postby venusinfurs16 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

abhanto wrote:The test was completely different to that of the US. Also, its non disclosed. But the testing center was quiet and intimate. I couldn't have asked for a better location.

Thanks for the insight! Is it fairly easy to get to? When you say different, do you feel that it was considerably more difficult, different game types, etc? Or just that it wasn't the same set of passages, questions, games etc as the US one given the same day? Thanks so much!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”