Should I postpone?

splitterfromhell

Should I postpone?

Postby splitterfromhell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 pm

I'm scheduled to take the test next week, but I do not feel prepared. Aside from flipping through the bibles, I have done very little studying. I took one practice test and got flustered partway through and didn't finish it. I am naturally a very strong test taker, but I have shown very little mastery of the subject matter. I think that with time, I could master it and be a high scorer. I want to go to law school in Fall 2016. Should I postpone to October? Should I take a course? If so, which?

Thanks so much for the advice.

calmike

Re: Should I postpone?

Postby calmike » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:11 pm

is this a troll?

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Yes, you should postpone. Why are you asking a question you already know the answer to?

What was your diagnostic? I recommend NOT taking a Kaplan or Princeton Review course as per general forum knowledge but can't really help you out with if you should take a course at all until you give your diagnostic, motivation, study skills/habits, goal score, etc

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:15 pm

If you are asking this question, I think you probably need to defer. October administration is fine.

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:16 pm

calmike wrote:is this a troll?

Doubtful, a little too mundane to be a troll.

splitterfromhell

Postby splitterfromhell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:19 pm

sanibella wrote:
calmike wrote:is this a troll?

Doubtful, a little too mundane to be a troll.

I'm not a troll.

splitterfromhell

Postby splitterfromhell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 pm

sanibella wrote:Yes, you should postpone. Why are you asking a question you already know the answer to?

What was your diagnostic? I recommend NOT taking a Kaplan or Princeton Review course as per general forum knowledge but can't really help you out with if you should take a course at all until you give your diagnostic, motivation, study skills/habits, goal score, etc

My initial diagnostic was in the low 160s. I have since been scoring in the 150s due to some test anxiety that has never previously manifested itself on any other test, standardized or otherwise. I have a terrible GPA, so the motivation to receive an extremely high LSAT score is there.

sanibella

Postby sanibella » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Are you self-motivated and highly disciplined to the point where you can make a schedule and stick to it? Or would you prefer to have cemented, regular LSAT classes?

What was your score breakdown?

How much time do you have to study?

RunnerRunner

Postby RunnerRunner » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Without a doubt you should postpone. You've said yourself you barely studied, so you are nowhere near ready to maximize your score. I don't think you necessarily need to take a course, self-study works for many people and there is plenty of time before October. This test can have a HUGE effect on your life, it's worth it. Good luck!

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:33 pm

There are private LSAT tutors who deal specifically with test anxiety issues. Although you probably do not need to hire a private tutor, you should enroll in a PowerScore or other LSAT prep class to get better acquainted with the material while building up your confidence.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”