How long should I take to bubble?

Oskosh

How long should I take to bubble?

Postby Oskosh » Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm

So, I am bubbling at the end of sections, and would like to know how long you guys give yourself to bubble. I don't know why exactly I prefer to bubble at the end of section as opposed to in-between games/reading passages, but I just feel more comfortable with it. I have an LSAT-specific (yeah, make fun of me) watch that lets me know three minutes before time is up. But surely I shouldn't be taking two minutes to bubble, correct? I would try to notice this, but since I am in anxiety-mode during the LSAT, I don't. Would 1 minute suffice?

jerseymike

Re: How long should I take to bubble?

Postby jerseymike » Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Just as long as it takes you to do so accurately? You don't want to miss easy points because you misbubble because you're trying to time yourself.

RunnerRunner

Postby RunnerRunner » Sun May 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Oskosh wrote:So, I am bubbling at the end of sections, and would like to know how long you guys give yourself to bubble. I don't know why exactly I prefer to bubble at the end of section as opposed to in-between games/reading passages, but I just feel more comfortable with it. I have an LSAT-specific (yeah, make fun of me) watch that lets me know three minutes before time is up. But surely I shouldn't be taking two minutes to bubble, correct? I would try to notice this, but since I am in anxiety-mode during the LSAT, I don't. Would 1 minute suffice?

I say give yourself two minutes. One minute is probably enough time to get it done, but the thing is not every LSAT proctor is perfect. I had an LSAT specific watch as well, and it seemed to me that the proctors at my test center were not consistently hitting 35 minutes on the head. If you are only giving yourself 1 minute and your proctors are even just 30 seconds off that could really mess you up!

Oskosh

Postby Oskosh » Sun May 31, 2015 10:45 pm

K, that's what I figured! I thought 3 minutes was too much, and a minute would put me under duress, increasing the likelihood that I'll commit a dumb mistake. I just wanted to know how to interpret my watch. I now know to work until the 33rd minute as opposed to the 32nd.

littlepuff

Postby littlepuff » Sun May 31, 2015 11:10 pm

I bubble after solving each question because the possibility of mis-bubbling (or not having time to bubble) while rushing to do so in the end is too scary.
An advantage to my approach is that there is less possibility of things like noticing in the end that I've bubbled 22 answers when there are 23 questions. Also, I can double check if all of my answers are correctly bubbled in late ron..
A disadvantage to my approach is that I might have to erase and re-bubble later on for some questions (because I changed my mind about them)--but there are maybe one or two per section, if any.
but whatever suits your style best!

blsingindisguise

Postby blsingindisguise » Sun May 31, 2015 11:13 pm

Have you signed up for the Bubblemasters webcourse yet? People scoff, but I shaved at least 90 seconds per second using their elliptical bubbling technique.

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:14 am

For me, it depended on the section.

- For LG, I bubbled all of my answers at the end since I knew I would finish the section with time left over.
- For LR, I would bubble after doing the first six pages (usually # 1 - ~20), then after I finished the section, I would bubble the rest.
- For RC, I bubbled after doing the first three passages, finished the fourth, then finished bubbling.

Happy studying

buckiguy_sucks

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

lollsat

Postby lollsat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:Have you signed up for the Bubblemasters webcourse yet? People scoff, but I shaved at least 90 seconds per second using their elliptical bubbling technique.

I've been watching the Bubblesage videos and those have been amazing. I think non stop drill the Bubbridge bundles and the Powerbubble Bibles and you're set!

KMart

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:09 pm

LR: I bubbled as I did the question
RC: After each passage
LG: After each game

Although I've heard studies it's faster if you do it all at the end, I just didn't find it comfortable during my prep tests.

whacka

Postby whacka » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Last edited by whacka on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Post removed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”