RC Comprehension great un-timed, terrible timed

dontrelent

RC Comprehension great un-timed, terrible timed

Postby dontrelent » Sat May 30, 2015 4:24 pm

First time poster, long time reader. Just took my first OFFICIAL timed diagnostic. A paltry 153.

LR -7
LG -13
RC -8
LR -13

Both LR sections are pretty much what I expected, lots of problems with Flaw and Assumption questions.

LG were troubling, but I was able to complete a problem and a half somewhat confidently since I've read up to pg. 70 in the Bible and the problems I succeeded with were linear diagrams. Still have no clue what to do with group diagrams and advanced linears, but still studying my Bible.

RC was the most disappointing. I've actually drilled quite a few sections of RC un-timed, averaging about -2. This diagnostic was the first time that I took everything in accordance with the actual time limits of the test.

TL;DR: Does anyone have any advice on how to reconcile strong RC skills with the time constraints allowed?

P.S. I took an un-timed diagnostic a few days ago (took this one today to actually reflect test conditions and get an accurate test day estimate), and scored -2 on both RC sections.

LawsRUs

Re: RC Comprehension great un-timed, terrible timed

Postby LawsRUs » Sat May 30, 2015 5:11 pm

OP--

1. Go through the Trainer, Manhattan guide, etc.
2. Read for structure.
3. Try the Memory Method.

nlee10

Postby nlee10 » Sat May 30, 2015 5:46 pm

I think you have bigger problems than just RC. Continue to drill RC but really work on LG and LR.

dontrelent

Postby dontrelent » Sat May 30, 2015 7:52 pm

nlee10 wrote:I think you have bigger problems than just RC. Continue to drill RC but really work on LG and LR.

Definitely my plan! For LG, I got the ones right that I've come across in the Bible so I'm just going to keep reading that and doing the practical exercises. For LR, I am consistently getting the same ones wrong, so my tactic as of now is to figure out a new way to do them. It was really just RC that threw me off since I consistently did well on those un-timed and wasn't expecting such disparate results between the T and UT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”