The Official December 2015 Study Group

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:11 pm

dellara wrote:
slizerd wrote:
dellara wrote:
slizerd wrote:
dellara wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4JE2cm8N0

There are some pretty funny comments on this video


Wait a minute, so Dellara is your real name? are you Persian too?!


Yes I am :D


Yay, it's good to meet another one! :D Do you speak Farsi?


Yeah I do! Although I have a pretty strong American accent my family enjoys poking fun at hehe


I'm a halfie so my American accent is WAY strong haha it's pretty bad. That would be so cool if we end up at the same school! I miss having people to converse/keep up on my Farsi with!

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
dellara
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:13 pm

OKAY I said I was going to do PT 73 and then I had dinner first and I've been procrastinating and I have a 10 pg research paper due Tuesday that I couldn't get an extension on and I need to stop fuckin around, stay focused, and get shit done

I'm must dominate this PT

User avatar
dellara
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Will report back later tonight. I must represent us Persians well and score above a 171

cheeseee
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby cheeseee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 pm

flash21 wrote:IM NERVOUS TO TAKE 76 TOMORROW HAHAHAA


you can do it! i didn't improve too much since oct test (screw RC) but LR improved so that's something. good luck!!

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
flash21 wrote:IM NERVOUS TO TAKE 76 TOMORROW HAHAHAA


Ugh I was so nervous before taking it yesterday, but after it was done it just felt like another PT instead of an evil exam


Im really upset i did poorly on it hahah. mainly because i thought i at least hit 170, and because i missed some dumb questions.


poorly? didn't you actually get a high 160 or something?!

I'm actually afraid to face the swans again :(

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
dellara
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 pm

Phoenix97 wrote:As long as you're not the type to let it get to you, you'll be fine. :wink: ("Potatoes gonna potate" lol)


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... b4bbef.jpg


why won't it let me use the img BBCode?1?1?!??!

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Phoenix97 wrote:
flash21 wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
slizerd wrote:
flash21 wrote:IM NERVOUS TO TAKE 76 TOMORROW HAHAHAA


Ugh I was so nervous before taking it yesterday, but after it was done it just felt like another PT instead of an evil exam


What are people's thoughts on the difficulty on older tests vs. recent tests?

I've been taking them out of order and can't really gauge it.


more recent = harder


As in increasing difficulty from a certain point in time, or a stable level of increased difficulty? When when you say it became noticeably more difficult?


ah i find LR slightly harder. games is more brute forcing IMO. I don't know about RC, I find the recent RC not so horrible. Overall, its not dramatic changes

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:20 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dellara
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby dellara » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:20 pm

slizerd wrote:I'm a halfie so my American accent is WAY strong haha it's pretty bad. That would be so cool if we end up at the same school! I miss having people to converse/keep up on my Farsi with!



That would be awesome!

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
betterLawyerUP
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby betterLawyerUP » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:22 pm

flash21 wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
flash21 wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:
slizerd wrote:
flash21 wrote:IM NERVOUS TO TAKE 76 TOMORROW HAHAHAA


Ugh I was so nervous before taking it yesterday, but after it was done it just felt like another PT instead of an evil exam


What are people's thoughts on the difficulty on older tests vs. recent tests?

I've been taking them out of order and can't really gauge it.


more recent = harder


As in increasing difficulty from a certain point in time, or a stable level of increased difficulty? When when you say it became noticeably more difficult?


ah i find LR slightly harder. games is more brute forcing IMO. I don't know about RC, I find the recent RC not so horrible. Overall, its not dramatic changes


I think the only big difference is the LSAT has gotten a lot wordier in recent tests. The actual arguments I think in the older stims were more complex and more dense in regards to what was going on. The new stims seem LSAT have fallen in love with themselves and just really spend all their effort to find confusing ways to say something is "generally the case." Basically the wordage forces you to be more lenient, they use fancy ways (lot more often than in the past) to commit or exclude an avenue of thought, but thats just my opinion

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
flash21 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
slizerd wrote:
flash21 wrote:IM NERVOUS TO TAKE 76 TOMORROW HAHAHAA


Ugh I was so nervous before taking it yesterday, but after it was done it just felt like another PT instead of an evil exam


Im really upset i did poorly on it hahah. mainly because i thought i at least hit 170, and because i missed some dumb questions.


poorly? didn't you actually get a high 160 or something?!

I'm actually afraid to face the swans again :(


169, but on the real thing i got a 167 so i would hope that i had improved by more than 2 points :(


Ah i see. still a great score though! sounds like you were reviewing it earlier so its all good

User avatar
slizerd
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby slizerd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:23 pm

You guys this thread game has been strong all day today. I really think we're gonna make it.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mint-Berry_Crunch
Posts: 5005
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:20 am

Post removed...

Postby Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Is there a clear reason about why B doesn't weaken for 76.lr2.21? it can weaken by suggesting that those who completed the program were better to begin with but perhaps i am missing something. the credited choice only refers to "many" may not necessarily undermine the argument which uses most children as evidence.


Yeah so you're not really wrong there, those answers are generally too weak to weaken. But there are other variables to TCR. An answer with many/some will be the one that most weakens if none of the other ACs are relevant. for harder S/W questions, I've noticed relevance is a huge deal.

[+] Spoiler
yeah I'm wrong there I misread B when I went to type that out, didnt see the "preprogram". So my issues with B are:
1) "lower preprogram achievement compared to the ones who successfully completed." Well how much lower? what if the group that dropped out is among the bottom 10% of the whole school? then maybe they dropped out because they're awful and not because theres anything special about the program.

2) I eliminated this because I viewed anything that referred to people who didnt complete the program as too vague. we dont know why people didnt do the program or why they didnt complete it. The evidence in the argument is "these people" so we want to address "those people". By addressing other groups than them, you might not weaken the argument simply because there are tons of alternate explanations.



thanks, the credited choice is certainly relevant, it's only the quantifier/qualifier issue. will probably make a thread. more details in the spoiler.
[+] Spoiler
yeah i had initially thought along those lines about B as I considered reasons for why it may be wrong. the issue that I saw with B is that even though it may suggest that those who completed the program may have been better capable to achieve than those who didn't complete, it would still be natural for it to be so. those who complete a course may be innately better than those who don't complete the course, but that doesn't mean that those who completed were innately better than children in general. had the choice said that those who completed were better capable to achieve than the rest of the children, then that would be a weakener.

i_wish_i_was_smart
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Post removed...

Postby i_wish_i_was_smart » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by i_wish_i_was_smart on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phoenix97
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Post removed...

Postby Phoenix97 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:41 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
appind
Posts: 1448
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: The Official December 2015 Study Group

Postby appind » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:43 pm

gamerish wrote:One day - hopefully in the next 5 days - I will understand exactly how the fuck I take RC. Had 45 seconds to answer 4 questions and I only missed one. I was sure they were all pretty much complete guesses but unless I'm some kind of random answer choice god there's gotta be something to it since it happens every time. I feel like I approach it the same exact way every single time but my scores are so erratic. If I could get a consistent RC score like I had back in Oct, I'm pretty much set.


omg, you should really do that and shed light on how you do RC

that's the only section that gets me every time.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”